Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70700
biomed162471
Yssup Rider60308
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35796
Mojojo33117

Old 05-05-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67
Default Holland Taylor as Ann Richards

Went to the Paramount tonight and saw Holland Taylor's one-woman show of Ann Richards.

She was marvelous. And though I don't know who wrote the show, I was awestruck at how well Taylor -- whom I'd NEVER peg as Ann Richards -- captured the characteristics, mannerisms and overall aura of perhaps the most charismatic governors in Texas history.

I had the fortune of having spent time with Gov.Richards in and out of polite company and I've gotta say that our state has never been the same since her election... for once we had a state government that looked and acted (perhaps as fucked up) like the people of our state.

I remember Ann Richards as someone who wasn't a career politician but someone who had the balls to chase Henry Cisneros out of the game. She might not have been in office that long -- hell we were already a Red state when she was elected -- but she was meaner than a snake and motivated people. Her administration will never go down as the most successful in history (Texas brought down big tobacco but all the prosecutors went to jail for being corrupt douchebags!) but boy were we proud to be Texans!

Since then we've had Bush (who was a decent Governor because Bob Bullock kept his ass in line and his mouth shut) and Perry (who has plunged our state into the abyss).

Did either of those men -- or Mark White or Bill Clements, or Dolph Briscoe or whoever besides John Connolly -- make you proud to live in Texas?

Anyway, Holland Taylor was a great Ann Richards and it was a wonderful theatrical production.

I wish Texas had something/someone to inspire us again.

Don't you?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
KisserSoze
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Thanks for the review, was surprised to hear about the show.

Don't really remember too much about her. What do you recall as some of Richards' greatest accomplishments as governor?

Agree that Holland Taylor is an excellent actress.
KisserSoze is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Well I remember that she trimmed more "fat" from Texas government bureaucracy than just about anybody else in state history, yet added jobs. State economy grew during her term while the rest of the nation's shrunk -- nothing surprising there, though.

The Lottery was passed and enacted under her ... though the Legislature has pissed that away rather than using it as intended to help fund public schools. The Robin Hood public school finance program was enacted, which pissed off everybody in the state who wasn't poor but helped a lot of school districts stay afloat during the rise of "Gingrichism"

Proof of auto liability insurance. That was her, too.

And, oh yeah, some shit about designed to keep semi-automatic weapons off the streets... and a lot of prison reform.

Though there isn't a LOT a governor is allowed to DO in Texas, a lot of important, game-changing legislation was passed and signed by her pen.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Guest092815
Account Disabled

User ID: 2742
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm so glad you go to see that performance. I have been wanting to attend for months, but I don't have tickets, and I am afraid I am running out of time. Her last show is tomorrow.

I think, but I may be wrong, that Holland taylor wrote the one-woman show. She has been in the austin area for a couple of years working on it.

thank you for your review. I loved ol Ann too!

peace,
Crystal
Guest092815 is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Kitty she did write it. Made it even more amazing.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
Sabor
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14

After Ann's governor stint and during her "silver foot" tour I met her on an SWA flight when she sat right behind my son and I. A true person of the people who took the time to speak to me and my young son.
Sabor is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:01 AM   #7
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabor View Post
After Ann's governor stint and during her "silver foot" tour I met her on an SWA flight when she sat right behind my son and I. A true person of the people who took the time to speak to me and my young son.
Indeed, she was an amazing lady!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

And Ann wouldn't hesitate to ask you if you were still fucking (bleeps).

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women