Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70760
biomed162941
Yssup Rider60591
gman4453262
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48542
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42143
CryptKicker37192
The_Waco_Kid36519
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #1
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Encounters: 1
Default Kamala Harris' '60 Minutes' Interview Was Worse Than CBS News Wants to Let On

Kamala Harris' '60 Minutes' Interview Was Worse Than CBS News Wants to Let On

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebecc...et-on-n2645926

once again you can read the article itself and watch the embedded videos

As we've been covering, Vice President Kamala Harris and her running mate, Gov. Tim Walz (D-MN) had a pretty rough time on CBS News' "60 Minutes" during their interview that aired on Monday night. Bill Whitaker has received praise for his toughness with the Democratic ticket, but that now looks to be going out the window, considering that it looks like the network tried to clean up Harris' word salad.

Harris' shameful non-answer about Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was bad enough, but the discussion was also a lot more garbled than CBS News wanted to let on, given that they released an edited clip and transcript.

According to CBS News' official transcript and an edited clip that has been shared by the "60 Minutes" X account, Harris said, "we are not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end."

Harris' actual response was not so eloquent, however. Upon Whitaker pointing out that "Netanyahu is not listening," Harris offered, "well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel very much prompted by or a result of, um, many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region."

Upon watching the clip of that part of the interview, one not only hears a different response, but gains a full glimpse of the painful and awkward stumbles.

People certainly are talking, and giving plenty of grief to the network, as the CBS News edits are currently a trending topic over X for Tuesday night.

The Trump War Room X account was among those expressing outrage towards CBS News and called for the network to release the full transcript. A statement from the Trump-Vance campaign, from National Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt, also issued such a call.

Writing about the edits for our sister site of RedState, Sister Toldjah offered up a suggestion, as well as pointed out how CBS has a habit of editing remarks, including when it comes to making Republicans look bad:
I mean the edit wasn't just done to the "full" video they posted to YouTube (link here); it was also done to the transcript and the video they posted above the transcript on their website. So if someone hadn't seen the previous clip they previewed the day before, they wouldn't know she'd produced one of her infamous word salads unless they did a little digging.

Why is that? I think the answer is as obvious as it was when "60 Minutes" was caught heavily editing a clip of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in 2021 over the rollout of the coronavirus vaccine in Florida to make him look like a racist for how and where the rollouts were being conducted.

There's another claim being made on the Twitter/X machine that the answer they added into the "full" version was one she gave to another question in the original short clip (which as of this writing is still on YouTube and Twitter), but I went back and reviewed them and though the answers were similar, that's not what happened.
In sharing the contrasting clips, actress Patricia Heaton commented on how Whitaker had been praised for the interview, but noted "CBS just ruined it all by deceptively editing the interview to try to save [Harris'] butt." In addition to how this may have ruined the network and Harris' campaign, Heaton commented on how Whitaker must be feeling. "If I were Whitaker I'd ne really pissed off" she offered.

The "60 Minutes" interview is one of the many interviews and media appearances that Harris has had this week as she desperately tries to get her name out there in the final weeks of the campaign while the mainstream media worries she's playing it safe. Even when appearing before friendly networks and hosts, though, Harris still has had a terrible time, just as she did earlier on Tuesday when appearing on "The View" for instance.

The Trump-Vance campaign is looking increasingly smarter for having not done such an interview on "60 Minutes." The Trump War Room X account also responded to that over X.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM   #2
Salty Again
Valued Poster

It's surely par for the course with "60 Minutes" - they're masters
at editing their interviews depending on who the guest is.

Yet-another great failure for CBS. ...

.... Lest we forget that "60 Minutes" also edited the interview
awhile-back with President OBama - where Obama ADMITTED that
what happened in Benghazi was a premeditated attack - and NOT
a few lads out for a stroll.

Problem is - people never heard THAT part - because "60 Minutes"
and CBS edited it out. ... Didn't want the American people to
see that confession by OBama -as it surely would have killed
the main steam media's bullshit story-line. ... And because
the revelation would have proved Hillary Clinton was a LIAR.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM   #3
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

More propaganda from Waco and the Town Hall.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #4
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
More propaganda from Waco and the Town Hall.

if you say so

NBC News

Harris '60 Minutes' interview faces backlash over edits

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/ha...s-221468229890

NY Post

Ex-CBS staffers call for outside probe of ‘60 Minutes’ interview with Kamala Harris amid editing scandal

https://nypost.com/2024/10/10/media/...iting-scandal/

‘60 Minutes’ under fire for editing Kamala Harris answers: ‘Giant fake news scam,’ Trump says

https://www.al.com/news/2024/10/60-m...rump-says.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZCVTSoOn3M

where there's smoke .. there's a fire
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #5
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Interviews are edited all the time over language, time, and context. Trump’s interviews are edited and condensed all the time because the man is a giant lying blow hard. The news media wouldn’t be able to broadcast anything else if they didn’t.

Again I repeat. More propaganda from Waco and the Town Hall.
Old Yesterday, 11:32 PM   #6
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Quote:
Interviews are edited all the time over language, time, and context. Trump’s interviews are edited and condensed all the time because the man is a giant lying blow hard. The news media wouldn’t be able to broadcast anything else if they didn’t.

Again I repeat. More propaganda from Waco and the Town Hall.

and NBC? the NY Post? Birmingham Alabama via the Associated Press?

thanks for bringing in Trump. CBS released the full transcript of his 60 Minutes interview.

will they do the same with Harris?

do you realize .. from the video .. this was not even the answer Harris gave .. it was from a completely different question. that's not "editing for content" that's completely faking her answer.
Old Today, 12:06 AM   #7
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
do you realize .. from the video .. this was not even the answer Harris gave .. it was from a completely different question. that's not "editing for content" that's completely faking her answer.
CBS News said, its all one answer to the same question edited for time.

And I never said edited for content. I said edited for context. And there was nothing fake about her answer. If they used AI to fake her voice that would be fake. Nothing about the interview was fake.
Old Today, 12:26 AM   #8
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Quote:
CBS News said, its all one answer to the same question edited for time.

And I never said edited for content. I said edited for context. And there was nothing fake about her answer. If they used AI to fake her voice that would be fake. Nothing about the interview was fake.

you refuse to accept any negative criticism of Harris. her answer was not even edited for context.

watch the video again. her original answer does not even have the edited reply in it.

so how many retakes did 60 Minutes give Harris? this in large part is occurring because 60 minutes used her original word salad answer as a promo then completely replaced it in the aired interview.

completely replaced it.

the evidence is clear. you won't even watch a 2 minute clip proving it

why?
Old Today, 12:26 AM   #9
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

People are going crazy over some minor edits to Kamala Harrises interview on 60 minutes while Trump avoided his interview entirely.

Maybe Trump realizes that the Mainstream Media has stopped sane washing his interviews.

Sanewashing? If you’ve never heard of it, it is the practice of reframing Trump’s incoherent ramblings into something more serious or”sane” than it actually is.

Read about it here: https://newrepublic.com/article/1855...ashing-problem
Old Today, 12:28 AM   #10
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Quote:
People are going crazy over some minor edits to Kamala Harrises interview on 60 minutes while Trump avoided his interview entirely.

Maybe Trump realizes that the Mainstream Media has stopped sane washing his interviews.

Sanewashing? If you’ve never heard of it, it is the practice of reframing Trump’s incoherent ramblings into something more serious or”sane” than it actually is.

Read about it here: https://newrepublic.com/article/1855...ashing-problem

minor? they completely replaced her original answer. that ain't a minor edit.
Old Today, 12:33 AM   #11
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
you refuse to accept any negative criticism of Harris. her answer was not even edited for context.

watch the video again. her original answer does not even have the edited reply in it.

so how many retakes did 60 Minutes give Harris? this in large part is occurring because 60 minutes used her original word salad answer as a promo then completely replaced it in the aired interview.

completely replaced it.

the evidence is clear. you won't even watch a 2 minute clip proving it

why?
I watched the clip from nbc you provided. All it shows is that the clip was edited. News organizations have been editing content for lots of reasons since their inception. Until you get a full transcript it doesn’t mean shit and republican response to this is highly hypocritical considering the free pass that Trump has been given ever since he entered politics.

Read the article on sanewashing trump.
Old Today, 12:45 AM   #12
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Quote:
I watched the clip from nbc you provided. All it shows is that the clip was edited. News organizations have been editing content for lots of reasons since their inception. Until you get a full transcript it doesn’t mean shit and republican response to this is highly hypocritical considering the free pass that Trump has been given ever since he entered politics.

Read the article on sanewashing trump.

the New Republic and Trump ain't got nothing to do with this.

from the AP

At one point, Whitaker observed that it appeared Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, did not appear to be listening to the administration’s suggestions.

“Well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel that were very much prompted by or a result of many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region,” the vice president said in response, on the “Face the Nation” clip.

On “60 Minutes,” after Whitaker said the same thing, Harris answered: “We’re not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end.”

the best you can say is 60 minutes either allowed Harris to completely change her answer ... after releasing her first answer as a teaser .. or took another a completely different answer and aired it.

completely different answer was aired. explain that away as "edited for context"

once again .. this is a big controversy because what was aired was completely different than the teaser. and the teaser in on record because 60 Minutes released it.

it's clear what happened. on Saturday she recorder her interview. on Sunday 60 Minutes released a teaser and the DNC flipped out at yet another "Harris word salad" answer, demanded 60 minutes allow her to re-record a completely new answer and 60 minutes complied

again from the AP

Whitaker interviewed Harris on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 5, in Washington for the special broadcast that aired Monday

they let her re-do her answer on Sunday for the Monday broadcast.
Old Today, 01:07 AM   #13
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

What is the point of thread? What is the actual argument that you are trying to make? Because if you are trying to convince me that that 60 Minutes is somehow biased in favor of Harris then you have not convinced me. As I said before this type of editing is done all the time. It’s been done in the past in favor of Trump himself as I pointed out.

Does Harris give a good interview? I certainly don’t think so. But she will still be a much better person and President than Trump ever will.
Old Today, 04:10 AM   #14
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Quote:
Does Harris give a good interview? I certainly don’t think so. But she will still be a much better person and President than Trump ever will.
Yeah, I saw the commercial on Sunday and the interview that aired on Monday night a couple of days later. The answer in the commercial was clunky and the answer on the actual episode was less clunky but equally as infective as far as moving the needle in her favor IMO.

MAGAs are making a big deal out of the editing but every station does it. Hell, her segment was only about 15 minutes. CBS just fucked up by showing the part that was edited out in a commercial.

I think she had a good opportunity to win crucial votes and failed to do so with her hardly detailed responses. Her scripted answers in the past were good enough to catch up to Trump. But to clearly surpass him, that lady needs to get a new script ASAP. Regardless, she could have barked like a dog in that interview for the allotted 15 minutes and it would not have changed my vote as a never Trump guy but I'm not like the many who are still undecided.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women