Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60379
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41551
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 09-17-2024, 08:47 PM   #46
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by r66 View Post
Trump didn't nuke Roe vs Wade, the Supreme Court over-turned it and put it back where it belongs - with the States. Apparently, some people don't understand how the US government works and the Constitution where the founding fathers defined specific powers to the Federal Government, everything else with the States. Abortion wasn't one of the Federal Government's powers.
That's a valid argument r66. You however would need to start a new thread as the moderator is strict about keeping us on topic.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM   #47
Hdtown
Premium Access

Encounters: 25

How is it an assassination attempt if you no shots are fired, just a guy out on a walk with a gun. The AG in Texas sued the city of Dallas for not letting people carry guns to the state fair and grounds, you can't have it both ways.
Hdtown is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM   #48
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdtown View Post
How is it an assassination attempt if you no shots are fired, just a guy out on a walk with a gun. The AG in Texas sued the city of Dallas for not letting people carry guns to the state fair and grounds, you can't have it both ways.
I may dislike Trump, the person, and politicians more than you do. And I enjoyed the movie The Hunt, about Democrat elites hunting deplorables. But I’m not sure we should make it legal for people to stalk politicians with AK47’s.
Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM   #49
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
Wow, I didn't even know that ECCIE had annals. Don't worry though. You're a lock!
Wow, nice combination of misspelling and personal attacks.

In your words, you’ve got nothing.

LOLLING
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:42 AM   #50
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
On the other hand, if you're saying the rhetoric from Democrats was what part of what caused Routh to want to assassinate Trump, you're probably right. From the New York Times, quoting Routh's book,

“Democracy has dissolved quickly under our watch,” Mr. Routh wrote, describing the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol as a catastrophe “perpetrated by Donald Trump and his undemocratic posse.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/16/u...rse-routh.html
(Aside, this is a great article if you have a NYT subscription. Too long to excerpt here though.)

Routh also bought into the fiction by neoconservative Democrats and Republicans that the war in Ukraine must be fought to the last Ukrainian, to protect western Democracy. He said more than once he was happy to die for the Ukrainian cause, and maybe assassinating Trump, who supports a negotiated end to the war, was going to be his way of doing it.

In reality Trump never was (or will be) a threat to democracy in the USA. American institutions, like Congress, the Justice Department, and state and local governments were going to prevent him from overturning the election. And negotiating an end to the Ukraine conflict, like what Trump wants to do, is far preferable to the endless war promoted by Biden and Harris. But Routh, bombarded by rhetoric from Democrats, the MSM and neoconservatives didn't know any better. So he decided to try to take out Trump.
I take exception to this entire line of thinking. Trump and his colleagues are quick to point out the rhetoric of the left for all the wrongs that they have suffered while taking no responsibility for their own actions and hard-line rhetoric.

As far as the war in Ukraine goes no one on the left or right has told the Ukrainians to fight to the last man. All we’re doing as a country is assisting Ukraine and Ukrainians in defending their own country against an invasion. And we’re not doing it alone. European countries, especially eastern european countries, are all supporting Ukraine against Russian aggression. A policy that I believe in.

The fact that Routh was crazy, desperate and stupid enough to consider assassination as a solution is more of a reflection on gun violence in our society than anything else. When it comes right down to it we’re just dealing with another crazy person with a gun that thinks going out with a gun in their hands is the solution for what ails them.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM   #51
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Well put.

We’ve heard Trump’s hateful, divisive, extreme rhetoric nonstop for years.

Yet he never admits to doing anything wrong.

Blaming Pelosi et al is insanity. another of Trump’s qualities - pointing fingers but never a thumb
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM   #52
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

LOLLING
"Wow, I didn't even know that ECCIE had annals. Don't worry though. You're a lock!"

No misspelling involved. And no personal attack. You're an ECCIE legend!

Snick!
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM   #53
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
See the above.

Psychologists will tell you that the personality traits in others that trigger certain individuals are the traits they subconsciously see in themselves. Seems right based on experiences here.
I actually agree with this. But I think it's more on alignment of persecution that Trump portrays to his minions. They seem to want to fall in line like dominos' saying "yeah Meeeee too"!

I don't really see the triggering effect across the otherside as much nowadays as the left just doesnt' give a shit what DJT does or what happens to him in general. They really aren't interested in making him a martyr. The interest is in making him an In-mate.
eyecu2 is online now   Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM   #54
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
Trump and his colleagues are quick to point out the rhetoric of the left for all the wrongs that they have suffered while taking no responsibility for their own actions and hard-line rhetoric.
I agree

Quote:
As far as the war in Ukraine goes no one on the left or right has told the Ukrainians to fight to the last man. All we’re doing as a country is assisting Ukraine and Ukrainians in defending their own country against an invasion. And we’re not doing it alone. European countries, especially eastern european countries, are all supporting Ukraine against Russian aggression. A policy that I believe in.
I strongly disagree. Joe Biden, Lindsey Graham and others want to use proxies to fight the Russians, like we did before in Afghanistan. (Aside: How did that turn out?) They don't give a shit about the Ukrainian and Russian grunts on the front lines. There's no way Ukraine will win this war, and the longer it takes Zelensky et al to realize that, the poorer its position will be in peace talks. We're enabling large scale death and collateral damage, instead of pushing the sides to pursue peace.

Routh bought into the same narrative you have. He's got more than a few screws loose and tried to do something about that.

Quote:
The fact that Routh was crazy, desperate and stupid enough to consider assassination as a solution is more of a reflection on gun violence in our society than anything else. When it comes right down to it we’re just dealing with another crazy person with a gun that thinks going out with a gun in their hands is the solution for what ails them.
I mostly agree. As Hdtown correctly said, at least he didn't kill anyone.
Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM   #55
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by r66 View Post
Trump didn't nuke Roe vs Wade, the Supreme Court over-turned it and put it back where it belongs - with the States. Apparently, some people don't understand how the US government works and the Constitution where the founding fathers defined specific powers to the Federal Government, everything else with the States. Abortion wasn't one of the Federal Government's powers.
What does this have to do with assassination attempts / real or imagined/ or contrived or made up?
eyecu2 is online now   Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM   #56
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I strongly disagree. Joe Biden, Lindsey Graham and others want to use proxies to fight the Russians, like we did before in Afghanistan. (Aside: How did that turn out?) They don't give a shit about the Ukrainian and Russian grunts on the front lines. There's no way Ukraine will win this war, and the longer it takes Zelensky et al to realize that, the poorer its position will be in peace talks. We're enabling large scale death and collateral damage, instead of pushing the sides to pursue peace.
If this was Afghanistan I would completely agree with you. As far as I’m concerned Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran can just sit and soak in their own juices.

If it were not for our alliances with other NATO countries I might think the same of Ukraine as well. I don’t think we need to use our own troops but helping Ukraine resist Russian invasion is both good for the US, Europe, and Ukraine.

We will have to agree to disagree . We also should get back on topic.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM   #57
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

LOLLING
Not to mention, when you resort to critiquing spelling you've really got nothing.
Old Today, 07:12 AM   #58
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
I actually agree with this. But I think it's more on alignment of persecution that Trump portrays to his minions. They seem to want to fall in line like dominos' saying "yeah Meeeee too"!

I don't really see the triggering effect across the otherside as much nowadays as the left just doesnt' give a shit what DJT does or what happens to him in general. They really aren't interested in making him a martyr. The interest is in making him an In-mate.
Nah, you're describing something different within Trumps supporters.
The phenomenon I'm referencing applies strictly to those who have that irrational overwhelming loathing of the guy and everything he does or says. In other words, sufferers of Trump derangement syndrome. Sorry but the idea that "the otherside" isn't triggered by him lately is just not true. You can see it in these threads on the daily.
Old Today, 07:32 AM   #59
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
If this was Afghanistan I would completely agree with you. As far as I’m concerned Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran can just sit and soak in their own juices.

If it were not for our alliances with other NATO countries I might think the same of Ukraine as well. I don’t think we need to use our own troops but helping Ukraine resist Russian invasion is both good for the US, Europe, and Ukraine.

We will have to agree to disagree . We also should get back on topic.
We are also obligated to support Ukraine due to the Budapest Memorandum.

The proxy war is a Boon to US Military and intelligence on Russia at a minimal cost and zero loss of life to our military.
royamcr is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women