Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 269
George Spelvin 257
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70567
biomed161707
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453127
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48089
pyramider46370
bambino40887
CryptKicker37144
Mokoa36488
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-10-2024, 12:11 PM   #31
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughjahol View Post
OMG. Really? Too bad there is not a test for being able to post here. You should do your research, but I know that is frowned upon here. You just have to be a legal resident to get a realID. And legal residents who are non-citizens cannot vote.

Not in all states.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 12:41 PM   #32
texassapper
BANNED

Encounters: 36

Quote:
I see that you love to do this. Take someones post and tear it up line by line. Wear them down.
Hope they will give up. I'm not going to fall into the same trap that others have. This is not worth spending more time on. But I am going to use your technique against you one time only.
LOL. Is that what it does? I thought it just exposed ignorance thoroughly. Maybe the ignorant just give up easily?
Quote:
You very obviously think you are superior. The whole tone of your replies to me has been like that. And I didn't say you were ignorant. But you use arguments and sources that support your views and don't consider other facts that do not.
I appreciate your amateur hour attempt to psychoanalyze me. Don't quit your day job, is my advice.
Quote:
You mean the images that do not at all show what you say they do? Like the image from Pew Research that only shows people support showing ID and says nothing about supporting proving citizenship?
Were you under the impression that the ID shouldn't show citizenship? The whole point of the ID is to prove you are who you say you are. No state should be issuing a license to non-citizens that doesn't indicate that status. Thus showing ID at the polls, serves the dual purpose of IDing the voter and ensuring the voter is eligible. Or are you one of those fools that thinks non-citizens should get a say in the governance of our nation?
Quote:
I am learning that you cannot support your arguments with actual facts. Being rude and sarcastic does not help you.
Do you think I care whether you believe me or not? Seriously... what makes you think your opinion matters to me? Because I contradict you? It doesn't take a great deal of energy to do so
Quote:
Not a good argument. Paxton wants to make 160 million people prove their citizenship to vote. A hassle that is not needed.
According to you. But the ONLY reason to oppose a law that makes it a crime for illegals to vote in US elections is in fact to have illegals vote in US elections. It doesn't affect me as a citizen in any way shape or form... Hassle? to perform my sacred civic duty? if that's all it takes for you to not vote is a hassle, well then you aren't the sort that should be voting anyway.
Quote:
Like I said above the 81 percent are people that support showing ID. Your posts do not prove the same amount support having to prove citizenship.
Are you seriously making the argument that 81% of voters want to show ID but they DON'T want those same people who show ID to show citizenship status? lol.... yeah, I've got some land I'd like to talk to you about selling... comes with a bridge too.
Quote:
I'll say that again too. Because it is not needed. Why make 160 million people do this if it is not. The answer is because this is all just a political show to make the Dems look bad. But it is a set up. And you are playing along.
All the Democrats have to do to NOT look bad is to vote for it. This simply underlines the state laws that exist and says it's illegal to vote in federal elections... easy peasy... doesn't even speak to enforcement... just that it becomes a federal crime to vote in an election illegally. Why should that bother you?
Quote:
They don't HAVE to. They just don't want to play dumb games with this like the GOP has been trying to do.
Sad to hear that you think fair free elections is a game. Maybe you should stop voting if its just a game?
Quote:
Saying the Dems NEED this is not true at all. I will repeat myself again. Show me the proof of fraudulent voting. It barely exists and does not change national elections. Show. Me. The. Proof.
Why do I need proof? Unless you think illegals SHOULD be allowed to vote in federal elections, there is no reason to oppose the measure. In your words it BARELY exists... well for those who BARELY CHEAT this will make that act BARELY illegal. It will have BARLEY any affect on elections.
Quote:
There is no proof of almost everything you say in your posts. And you know it. Just like you also know that the Dems are not saying it should not be illegal for foreigners to vote. It won't stop you from saying it though. But things like this just make it worse.
BARELY, ALMOST... you like to avoid absolutes don't you? Give me the contradictory argument then... What legitimate reason do democrats have to oppose making it illegal for illegal aliens, foreigners, or anyone NOT an eligible citizen to vote in an election?
Quote:
It will make 160 million people go through hassles that are not needed. And it is so two-faced. The GOP fights unnecessary bureaucracy all the time. Until something like this.
What's it going to mean to you? You're a citizen (I assume) what practical impact would such legislation have on you?
Quote:
You have explained nothing. Just made the same arguments using the same bad logic and facts that are taken out of context.
Bad logic? Something is either logical or it is not... there is no such thing as bad logic. Democrats use the EXACT same logic... hence why they oppose passing such a law.
Quote:
You just explained how you don't understand my points at all.
I understand your points.. its a hassle, its not needed, blah blah blah... it's just that those are worthless points balanced against the simplicity of the proposed law. It's a hassle to slow to 20 mph in school zones when kids don't walk home from school anymore... but it's still a law. And this proposed law would affect you even less if you're a citizen. And it would prevent the Republicans from cheating too right? So it's a no brainer to pass.
Quote:
I guess it is not enough that you misrepresent all of your facts. Now you do it with my arguments too.
don't blame me if your arguments of it's a hassle isn't enough for me to think its not a good law.
Quote:
And you obviously care enough about my opinion to respond to me line by line by line.
Do I? or is it simply to have some fun tearing apart your "logic"? We shouldn't do it because it's a hassle... Sorry but laziness isn't a reason not to pass a very obvious and in your own words... non-impactful argument.
Quote:
Seems to be a thing you do a lot. What a waste of time. Like I said I'm only doing this once.
we shall see I guess...
Quote:
Paxton lies and misrepresents. You play along.
Whats hilarious is that you so don't understand the topic that you think Paxton is behind this... it's simply a comment on the proposed Bill. It has nothing to do with Texas state legislation.
Quote:
Find something to talk about that is actually meaningful.
If you don't find it meaningful, then why respond? and just because you don't find it meaningful, doesn't mean that others disagree... so who died and left you in charge of the topics that may be posted?
texassapper is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 12:49 PM   #33
texassapper
BANNED

Quote:
And legal residents who are non-citizens cannot vote.
Wait.. Are you saying it's illegal for non-US citizens to vote in state elections? But you oppose that same law at the Federal level?

Why?

I mean you just admitted that a Texas ID is no protection against a resident alien voting... but that it IS illegal.

Make sense...
Old 07-10-2024, 01:37 PM   #34
hughjahol
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
Not in all states.
What do you mean by that? What did I say that is not correct? And in which states. And where are you getting it from? Because I got my information from DHS.gov and USA.gov
hughjahol is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 02:15 PM   #35
hughjahol
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassapper View Post
LOL....
Wow. For someone who has said multiple times that they don't care about my opinion, you sure spend a lot of time responding to it.

But we're not doing this line by line garbage again. You just ignore and misrepresent the factual things I say. And then double down with your weird logic that only makes you look like a denier.

Here is what happened. Ken Paxton posted a misleading lie. You then posted it here and piled on. Then when you got challenged on it you posted a graphic that did not show what you said it did. When you got called on that you doubled down by saying things like "Dems WANT this" and "Dems NEED this." Which is your opinion. Not facts. But you keep saying that things like that are true. With no proof. Ever.

The simple fact is that you have NO PROOF of anything you say here. None. Zero. Then you make bizarre arguments that you don't need any because " there is no reason to oppose the measure." You are just evading. Because again you have no proof.

Let's not overlook a few friends of yours coming to your defense here by saying things that don't make sense either.

So here is the truth. Voter fraud is not a significant factor in federal elections. It is a made up problem to cause grief and shit and divide people. You help with that. You repeat the things people like Paxton say and then insult people like me who disagree with you. Even when we back our arguments up with fact. Wow. Talk about Cancel Culture.

It is your turn to respond with something totally misleading and illogical now.
Old 07-10-2024, 02:24 PM   #36
hughjahol
BANNED

Quote:
And legal residents who are non-citizens cannot vote.

Quote:
Wait.. Are you saying it's illegal for non-US citizens to vote in state elections? But you oppose that same law at the Federal level?

Why?

I mean you just admitted that a Texas ID is no protection against a resident alien voting... but that it IS illegal.

Make sense...
Good god. Do you ever stop? I am tempted to say the same thing to you. Make sense. Because I don't understand what TF you are saying. I never even mentioned anything about Texas ID. But please don't bother. You will probably just twist something else that I said and I am really tired of this.

You keep saying I am opposed to a federal law making votes by foreigners are illegal. I never said that. I just said that this proposed law was not necessary. Not the way it is written and not with requiring proof of citizenship. It isn't needed.
I have proof. You don't. This is a political stunt.
Old 07-10-2024, 07:09 PM   #37
Why_Yes_I_Do
BANNED

Encounters: 14

ICYMI: A US House Rep (Chip Roy) just got a radical, avant guarde bill passed in the House that proposes that only Amercan citizens should be allowed to vote in American elections.

The humanity!!!
BI-DONE has said he will veto it
Because screw America and Americans.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 08:39 PM   #38
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

The amount of FUD (fear uncertainty and doubt) in this thread is staggering. Lies upon lies upon lies. Biden opposes this bill but has not threatened to veto. This bill is nothing but a messaging bill. It’s completely unnecessary and pointless. It will do nothing except make it harder to vote for regular people all so republitards can lie about immigrants voting.

https://apnews.com/article/congress-...0985d56a6a0fde

https://x.com/MaeveSheehey/status/1810339183376167276
txdot-guy is offline   Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 09:20 AM   #39
texassapper
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
This bill is nothing but a messaging bill. It’s completely unnecessary and pointless. It will do nothing except make it harder to vote for regular people all so republitards can lie about immigrants voting.
How does it make it harder for regular citizens? I mean they are already supposed to be citizens and to have provided the proof of citizenship...so no alteration there... So it's ONLY new voters that would be affected?

Wouldn't that take a talking point AWAY from the Republicans by signing such a bill into Law? Republicans can't go on about illegals voting if Democrats sign a bill into law that has according to you and the leftie experts no impact since it's just a messaging bill?

That's why the lefts lies on this matter are so easy to see. If it's just messaging and it's already illegal, that means that current voters have already complied. So there isn't going to be any change (it's just messaging..) The easiest way to yank the rug out from under the Republicans is to sign it and say, see we support lawful voting too!

But the lefties can't and won't. Because it's NOT just messaging. There is no Federal law preventing illegals voting in Federal elections. And this would open the Democrats to MUCH broader and painful penalties for getting caught committing election fraud.

Here's the list of Democrats that oted against proof of citizenship for voting in federal elections.
Old 07-11-2024, 02:07 PM   #40
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
How does it make it harder for regular citizens? I mean they are already supposed to be citizens and to have provided the proof of citizenship...so no alteration there... So it's ONLY new voters that would be affected?

Wouldn't that take a talking point AWAY from the Republicans by signing such a bill into Law? Republicans can't go on about illegals voting if Democrats sign a bill into law that has according to you and the leftie experts no impact since it's just a messaging bill?

That's why the lefts lies on this matter are so easy to see. If it's just messaging and it's already illegal, that means that current voters have already complied. So there isn't going to be any change (it's just messaging..) The easiest way to yank the rug out from under the Republicans is to sign it and say, see we support lawful voting too!

But the lefties can't and won't. Because it's NOT just messaging. There is no Federal law preventing illegals voting in Federal elections. And this would open the Democrats to MUCH broader and painful penalties for getting caught committing election fraud.

Here's the list of Democrats that oted against proof of citizenship for voting in federal elections.
Conservatives always complain about over regulation in their industries coming from the federal government. What do you think this is? This bill only makes sense if there is actually significant voter fraud going on. Republitards have been touting voter security, ie suppression, for decades now. Unfortunately for them they have not found any except in the fevered imagination of their leader, Ol’ Schitzenpants. Just because they keep claiming voter fraud doesn’t mean that it exists and this law just adds more regulation and effort needed to register and to actually vote.

Making it harder to vote is not the solution to a non existent problem.
Old 07-11-2024, 03:49 PM   #41
texassapper
BANNED

Quote:
Conservatives always complain about over regulation in their industries coming from the federal government.
This isn't regulation, this is legislation. And a fair amount of the populace DOES believe that this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

We have laws against hate speech. Do you have evidence that speech has any emotional component?
Old 07-11-2024, 04:10 PM   #42
texassapper
BANNED

Here's the Arizona state medicaid office forms explicitly telling illegals that if they can't prove they are citizens they can still get a federal only ballot and vote. (Ain't no such thing)

But I've been reliably informed by liberals that this isn't happening.
Old 07-11-2024, 04:21 PM   #43
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Here's the Arizona state medicaid office forms explicitly telling illegals that if they can't prove they are citizens they can still get a federal only ballot and vote. (Ain't no such thing)

But I've been reliably informed by liberals that this isn't happening.
How many federal only ballots were issued in the last federal election? How many of those ballots were used by non citizens?

I’m betting it’s extremely low to nonexistent.

Please get back to me with some real information on how many non citizens are voting. If you really want to keep non citizens from voting post rewards for turning them in. That will be effective without adding more burdensome rules into the system.
Old 07-11-2024, 04:23 PM   #44
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
This isn't regulation, this is legislation. And a fair amount of the populace DOES believe that this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

We have laws against hate speech. Do you have evidence that speech has any emotional component?
We have laws against hate crimes. I’m not sure about hate speech.

PS: legislation vs regulation = the same result.
Old 07-11-2024, 04:28 PM   #45
texassapper
BANNED

Quote:
We have laws against hate crimes. I’m not sure about hate speech.
Same result...
Quote:
legislation vs regulation = the same result.
Different origin. Ones a law, the other is a bureaucratic creation that NOW has no legal deference.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women