Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70512
biomed161258
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453072
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47899
pyramider46370
bambino40527
CryptKicker37113
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-01-2024, 08:45 AM   #1
texassapper
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36
Default THE COURT RULES FOR TRUMP!

AND THE CONSTITUTION.

“The court holds that a former president has absolute immunity for his core constitutional powers.”
texassapper is online now   Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 09:02 AM   #2
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

How d'ya like them apples?

Of course, this also means that Current (but soon to be former) President Biden will not be prosecuted for things he did while in office. . . .but Hunter and the rest of the Biden clan can.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 09:03 AM   #3
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Seriously. The decision just announced is a HUGE loss for Trump.

"Donald Trump has been deemed partially immune from his 2020 election subversion charges in one of the Supreme Court's highest-profile cases of the term.

On Monday, July 1, the Supreme Court ruled 6-3 against Trump's claim that he enjoys absolute immunity from prosecution as a whole — but they didn't hand him a total loss.

In a complicated opinion that revisits the extent to which former presidents can be held accountable for their White House actions, the majority asserted that there should be a clearer distinction between official presidential acts and private acts that happen to be done by a president.

Some of Trump's Jan. 6 charges, the Supreme Court said, stem from actions he took in his official capacity as president and are therefore shielded from prosecution. But his actions that fall more in line with those of a political candidate or private citizen — not a sitting president — are fair game.

The decision kicks the case back down to a lower court, which must now figure out whether any of the allegations in the Jan. 6 case fall under the category of "unofficial" acts, and whether a fair Jan. 6 trial could move forward with the Supreme Court's ideology in mind."

Yes, some of Trump's actions will be protected by this ruling but many will not. Most affected in my opinion will be the case in D.C. It will not impact the case in Florida at all in my opinion. And it will not have an impact on the case in Georgia. In neither case was Trump acting as POTUS. But I do not claim to be a legal expert in any way. There is a great deal of sorting out to be done but in no way was this decision a victory for Trump who was looking for ABSOLUTE immunity.
SpeedRacerXXX is online now   Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 09:03 AM   #4
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

We better duck because the lefties heads will be exploding at any minute.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 09:05 AM   #5
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101

119 pages ruling

https://www.axios.com/2024/07/01/tru...e-court-ruling
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 09:39 AM   #6
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default That math thing - again?!?

Apologies in advance if a math equation should be in the Technical or Sandbox forum(s).

So if we do the math:
Presidential Immunity (to some extent)
+ Chevron Defense
+ Insurrection charges excluded
+ a couple others not mentioned
--------------------------------------------------
WINNING BIGLY
+ BI-DONE shit the debate bed
+ Jack Smith shitting his panties
-------------------------------------------------------------
WINNING BIGLY XXXL

Seriously... Is there even enough popcorn in the universe for all this?
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 10:59 AM   #7
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Side stepping issues that may relate to Former President Trump, the Chevron decision is the really big one not having to do with the presidency.

this decisin will affect most areas of commerce and the economy. Among other areas, Chevron will seriously affect how the BATFE can regulate firearms.

The Bump Stock issue was a separate decision, but Chevron would have overlapped it. Other lower court cases now pending deal with the definition of what is a machinegun for instance. It is likely that overturning Chevron will take that determination away from the regulatory agency and drop it back on congress for a new, more inclusive statute definition.

Other issues that I am not knowledgeable on will be in the areas regulated by the EPA, OSHA and many other agencies.

Many years ago now, the EPA ruled, seemingly arbitrarily, that carbon dioxide was an air pollutant . . .and here we are. Perhaps that determination will be undercut by the Chevron decision, and so affect man climate change related regulations.

The ramifications will be far reaching and often unexpected.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 11:46 AM   #8
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Apologies in advance if a math equation should be in the Technical or Sandbox forum(s).

So if we do the math:
Presidential Immunity (to some extent)
+ Chevron Defense
+ Insurrection charges excluded
+ a couple others not mentioned
--------------------------------------------------
WINNING BIGLY
+ BI-DONE shit the debate bed
+ Jack Smith shitting his panties
-------------------------------------------------------------
WINNING BIGLY XXXL

Seriously... Is there even enough popcorn in the universe for all this?
Had SCOTUS ruled in favor of total immunity, all 3 court cases against Trump in D.C., Florida, and Georgia are over. Done. As it stands, all 3 court cases will continue but unfortunately they will be slowed down by the ruling. Just puts a lot of pressure on the judges in the cases to figure out when Trump was acting as POTUS or a private citizen.
Old 07-01-2024, 12:05 PM   #9
texassapper
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Just puts a lot of pressure on the judges in the cases to figure out when Trump was acting as POTUS or a private citizen.
They are effectively dead. How can a Judge make a determination of when POTUS is acting in a private manner vs. a public servant manner? That's why these cases are effectively dead.

Ths point of them anyway was just to hamstring Trump before the election. In that, they have just failed.
texassapper is online now   Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 12:17 PM   #10
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassapper View Post
They are effectively dead. How can a Judge make a determination of when POTUS is acting in a private manner vs. a public servant manner? That's why these cases are effectively dead.

Ths point of them anyway was just to hamstring Trump before the election. In that, they have just failed.
In the documents case in Florida, nothing Trump allegedly did was while he was POTUS. He left the WH with documents as a private citizen. In Georgia, calling the Georgia AG and asking him to "find" 11,000 votes is NOT an act of his presidential duties. Each similar act will have to be examined to determine if Trump was acting as POTUS when he committed those acts. Many of those acts, in my opinion, will be determined to not have been part of Trump's presidential duties.
Old 07-01-2024, 12:42 PM   #11
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Hold that phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
Side stepping issues that may relate to Former President Trump, the Chevron decision is the really big one not having to do with the presidency...
Not true at all. Most of the government bureaucracy exists under the Executive branch. As such, the President makes a couple calls, emails or hallway conversations to entrenched, unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats to git 'er dun.
Old 07-01-2024, 12:48 PM   #12
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Quote:
In the documents case in Florida, nothing Trump allegedly did was while he was POTUS. He left the WH with documents as a private citizen...
So the Presidential records act and National Archives only concern themselves with sitting Presidents? Do they know that? What about ye olde Presidential libraries, not withstanding records deemed as personal?
Quote:
...In Georgia, calling the Georgia AG and asking him to "find" 11,000 votes is NOT an act of his presidential duties...
So it is unreasonable for the chiel executive to be concerned with the integrity of a National election?!? Recall the call was recorded illegally and the transcript of the call had been doctored and later retracted, not just because it was phony, but because the President disclosed the actual transcript of the call.
Old 07-01-2024, 01:32 PM   #13
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Wet clean up! Aisle 9...

Quote:
Seriously. The decision just announced is a HUGE loss for Trump. ..
Danged guy loses like a Champion. Eh? From Fischer v. U.S.
Quote:
Justice Clarence Thomas questioned the constitutionality of Smith’s appointment: I write separately to highlight another way in which this prosecution may violate our constitutional structure. In this case, the Attorney General purported to appoint a private citizen as Special Counsel to prosecute a former President on behalf of the United States. But, I am not sure that any office for the Special Counsel has been “established by Law,” as the Constitution requires.
Somewhere, Jack Smith sheds a tear and defecates in his pants.
Old 07-01-2024, 02:28 PM   #14
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101

Idiot ignorant Trump hating influencer Harry Sisson (and other Biden supporters) will be getting a visit from the Secret Service after posting on X that this Supreme Court decision means Biden can now order SEALS Team 6 to assassinate President Trump

https://pjmedia.com/catherinesalgado...nline-n4930314

https://www.rawstory.com/amp/chris-l...ump-2668656946

Sisson is an idiot. He doesn't even realise what he wrote.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPREagoB1/
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 03:23 PM   #15
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
In the documents case in Florida, nothing Trump allegedly did was while he was POTUS. He left the WH with documents as a private citizen. In Georgia, calling the Georgia AG and asking him to "find" 11,000 votes is NOT an act of his presidential duties. Each similar act will have to be examined to determine if Trump was acting as POTUS when he committed those acts. Many of those acts, in my opinion, will be determined to not have been part of Trump's presidential duties.
... What WAS Presidential Duty was asking Raffensperger
to take all the evidence to a JUDGE - which he REFUSED to do.

You can try to spin the Supreme Court ruling any way
you wish there, mate... IT AIN'T GONNA MATTER! ...

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women