Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60378
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41550
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 09-05-2023, 10:35 AM   #46
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I put liberal in quotes, because democrats are actually center-right.

Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 11:17 AM   #47
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
This is a bullshit question posted so juveniles can just attack conservatives: Really? I believe it was a request to have a different perspective and invite the same to the conversation.

If the OP wanted a legitimate discussion, he would not have asked "What would conservatives do about homelessness" rather he would have asked "What would anyone do about homelessness"
he wanted your guys side for input, but if you can only look at the question, instead of the solutions, then the input is really more mute, than particpatory.

You notice not one leftist has a plan to fix something that their leftist run cities and policies have created. You break it, you fix it
I put in a few solutions, so thats not true..

What's incredible is that so far the folks on the right have offered solutions like:

They bulk of homeless ppl are in blue cities, and therefore are their problem, - damned democrats love the homeless (right ) No republican Red cities have any homeless ppl, due to them imposing laws against it, and incarceration is an option. (what does incarceration cost vs. homeless shelter per person)

here's some facts: https://www.npscoalition.org/post/fa...f-homelessness

Prisons and Jails

People who are homeless spend more time in jail or prison, which is tremendously costly to the state and locality. Often, time served is a result of laws specifically targeting the homeless population, including regulations against loitering, sleeping in cars, and begging.

According to a University of Texas two-year survey of homeless individuals, each person cost the taxpayers $14,480 per year, primarily for overnight jail.

A typical cost of a prison bed in a state or federal prison is $20,000 per year.

Eat the homeless or kill them- Devo - do you like them extra crispy with spicy seasoning or more smooth n creamy like Jiff? LOL JK.

Natural selection- Chizzy- let them all fend for themselves- (cause they are so resourceful smart Whiley bunch of ppl who are gaming the system.)

And finally BX2 "not my problem, you created the problem, you fix it".

When the request if for a solution, how about something that you genuinely think would "solve" some of the problems?

Some solutions that are not palatable but likely are reasonable:

incarceration. But comes at added costs- and adding crazy addicted ppl is likely a much more expensive problem to add to the jail system which isn't set up to deal with that population. A lot of other countries do deal with addiction and homeless ppl in more humane ways. They also treat prisoners in a better way too. I'm thinking some of the Scandinavian models and such. Now, they don't have the repeat offenders we have. Their models likely couldn't work here due to our catch and release of chronic offenders. (*That's likely a whole different topic). Those folks need to be in the old work camp style of camps ala cool hand luke or the like. Work those boys till they drop.

It seems terrible to me that prisoners literally have it better in jail than they do in their own homes prior. Access to tv, gym, food, entertainment, education and all in AC. There needs to be reconfiguration of how jails work IMHO. prisoners rights could be one of those hallmark legislation that both sides of the aisle work on to combat homelessness. Such as homeless incarceration means going to a bunk house while you work on social skills, addiction, or getting back out in the population, with the knowledge that 2nd or 3rd time offenders, move to work crews that get progressively harder and very undesireable.

The biggest problem with any incarceration, is that you take on the healthcare needs of a population when you deny them the freedom to walk around and seek it on their own. Despite the bad decisions that some of these folks make, they really could be a bad choice to do so when there are pandemics or outbreaks of other disease. I'm not a fan of this choice for the simple one way direction of keeping ppl, means they rely on you for EVERYTHING, and you have to provide that to some extent. Now detainment camps might work a bit better, but that would be another thing to look at for both homeless and those who break laws of overstaying visa's or being caught as illegal entries.

To many here, the point is that homeless and illegals don't vote (here comes the guys on the right - "yes they do". ..no- they really don't-in any appreciable way, from fear, or from not wanting to be caught in a system, or it's just a PITA), and since they don't vote, no politicians will give them too much of a glance. The compassionate citys in the past - and those who offer a good climate or social supports always get an unfair amount of those folks staying there. The ppl who are homeless are not R or D by definition. They don't vote (by any appreciative amount) so what does it matter?

It doesn't to politicians, but it does to the people who give money for public causes like:

The Red Cross
Family Promise
Coalition for the Homeless
Covenant House
StandUp for Kids
U.S. Veterans Initiative
Abode Services
Chicago Coalition for the Homeless
DePaul USA
Building Changes
Save the Family
National Alliance to End Homelessness
Harvest Home
Streetwise

And it might be worth note that the following are also in place so ppl don't become homeless

Tunnels to Towers.
Gary Sinese foundation
Equal justice foundation
Fisher House
Rotary Clubs.

While the list of foundations is long, and there are some specialty areas; the point is that there is money and giving to help. Help to get resources or learning to those in need, so they don't become homeless. The point is, that if you train ppl well enough they don't enter into the fray and become part of the problem by becoming homeless.

BUT,
Clearly- as stated before- money is NOT the solution to the problem. The adminstration of services is really where most ppl stop engaging in any system; The falloff from any systemic approach is, that if you make it difficult to follow, the percentage of drop-off is going to increase and therefore the cycle is doomed to repeat and increase to more you put road blocks in, and the more there are reporting agencies that need to "validate" the effectiveness of the programs. Republicans are not against these programs, but most want FAR reaching levels of review and a report card so they can say " we told you it wasn't going to work"., or limit the spend. Point is, it seems that D's are more interested in solutions from my research, and R's are more interested in validating the grade of the work, vs. the ideas.

It's a shame it's a political football, but today, what isn't?
eyecu2 is online now   Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 02:56 PM   #48
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
I put liberal in quotes, because democrats are actually center-right.
Yeah - it is amazing the lies the leftists tell themselves
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 03:09 PM   #49
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
This is a bullshit question posted so juveniles can just attack conservatives: Really? I believe it was a request to have a different perspective and invite the same to the conversation.
Oh please. Everyone can see this was a blatant attempt so the usual suspects could post their silly conservative bashing bullshit

Just look at some of the initial responses in the first 4 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
They treat them like criminals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
That's just it. Today's GOP doesn't have any policy ideas. They are a personality cult that is only interested in obtaining and retaining power.

Honestly, ask them about any topic or problem. They have nothing. No solutions. Not even any rational ideas about solutions.
That certainly is the typical silly conservative bashing bullshit from the usual suspects before anyone even had a chance to offer any real dialogue. So save me the BS that he wanted a different perspective. If he was asking a legit question, he would have asked ""What would anyone do about homelessness"
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 06:07 PM   #50
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-mo View Post
This is a good question. I think the “liberal” approach to homelessness is mostly useless. It’s a combination of making people stay in dangerous shelters. As homeless people have increasingly decided that it’s safer to build communities of their own (tent cities),liberal leaders have become more hostile to them. American “liberal” leaders are typically fine with homelessness. They just don’t like VISIBLE homelessness. I put liberal in quotes, because democrats are actually center-right.
... A good responce there, mate.

Though I don't see Democrats as centre-right.
But that can be discussion in another thread.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women