Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162974
Yssup Rider60621
gman4453269
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48566
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42220
CryptKicker37193
The_Waco_Kid36579
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: What will the outcome for fed loans be next?
Nothing, you borrowed - you pay it back starting Aug 31st22 7 43.75%
Biden will delay repayment till the end of the year or longer. 6 37.50%
Biden will eliminate 10k of debt and delay till spring 2023 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2022, 09:51 AM   #16
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
So it's only degree's you think of that are worthwhile? Do you think 100% of the population would want to do what any of us do for a living? Fuck no.

A degree in horticulture, forestry, or the arts was seen as a waste to a group of people who only were impressed with math majors or the sciences at one time. But with Global warming, and all climate issues etc., it may be those people who save us all with creating new tree's species that eat CO2, and pump out way more 02. And also for retaining soil, and for creating sustainable wood products, and grains that are more forgiving in the hotter summers, and resistant to cold winters.

It's moronic to condemn what others choose for degrees anymore than who they choose for a spouse. (unless they are ugly ones), but there has to be balance in education, and while we support other things like doctors, nurses or public servants by forgoing education expenses, or joining the military for the same; we offer assistance to those who help public sectors, and that's good. I just think that it's short sighted to have a population of un-educated people, unless they are more easily molded to vote republican, in which case, I can see why you are against higher learning. It's counterintuitive to your cause.

"Younger generations are libtards..." OK Boomer....one day those are the same people who will be taking care of you in your elder years. But yeah....young equals Liberal. How closed minded you reveal yourself to be almost with every hate filled post.
Wow, so you just completely twisted around what I said. Not surprising, all you do is lie and make disingenuous posts.

If someone is dumb enough to borrow money in a field where they can't earn a reasonable living in that field where they can pay back the money they borrowed, yep they are dumb fucks and deserve to live a life filled with debt and sorrow.

But as an example, how many art history, gender studies or philosophy majors are out there flipping burgers because there is little to no demand for them?

I don't care what degree people earn - but they should be assessing their career earnings potential before borrowing tons of money to earn said degree and then crying they want others to pay it back for them because they were too damn dumb to make the right choice

But hey, don't take my word for it, her is just one of a multitude of articles you can find discussing worthless degrees:

The cost of a four-year college education averages about $77,000 at public institutions and more than $158,000 at private ones, according to data from the National Center for Education Statistics. That's a major investment for anyone.

Experts often say a college degree vastly increases lifetime earnings and job prospects. But not necessarily for all majors.

Using earnings and employment information from the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey, Bankrate recently ranked 162 majors for career success after graduation. These are the 10 majors on the bottom --- counting down to the most useless.

https://moneywise.com/employment/col...reer-prospects
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 10:41 AM   #17
Loretta77
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Can someone pay my mortgage too please? The price of a house is way too high and it’s a necessity to survive. Everyone should have access to free houses, shelter is more important than higher learning.
Loretta77 is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 11:18 AM   #18
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post

I can't tell if this is a parody post or you actually believe this garbage.

If Senile Biden illegally forgives student debt, no money is put back in the economy. All those taxpayers who did not have any debt are going to have to pay for this. The government has no money of their own - it comes from taxpayers. This would be a forced handout to a small group of people and harms the 87% of people - who are disproportionately poorer - with no student debt

Also, 99% of Universities / Colleges are non-profit organizations. The fact that you think " that nearly every school is for-profit and private owned is detrimental " shows how little you know about anything

Your seem to be incredibility naive if you do not know that if debt is erased or reduced, then the money that would had been used to pay off those loans is not going to be spent elsewhere in the economy.

What kind of service is any bank or organization otherwise providing by facilitating a loan? None. They are not putting value back in to the economy. Having a student be in 400k debt so that they can become a doctor, giving back to society, while also being in debt for the majority of their adult lives is not a sign of a thriving society.

Yes, loans facilitate the need to borrow money. That is as old as time itself. But when the borrower has to pay 200, 300% of the principal over 30+ years, that is a drain on society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivesAllDay View Post
I wonder- Who was dumber? The students getting loans for degrees that turned out useless and defaulted, or the people who loaned them the money for the useless degree?

I think the fault is with the older generation. My father was able to afford a house, two cars, raise a family with a stay at home wife - the nuclear family to the T, working a single middle class job.
They pushed the younger generations to go to college. Because for them, college was affordable.

But now, in the past 30 years at least, the price for tuition, a house, a car, everything has skyrocketed, while at the same time, wages remain almost the same.

What took my father and my grandfather 400-500 hours of salary to save up for a down payment on a house or car or to pay off a loan would take ten times that for someone in the 2020s to buy something equivalent. People entering the college market are being sold on needing a degree in order to be successful, which is a big lie if there ever was one. It helps, but is not absolutely required
onawbtngr546 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 10:39 AM   #19
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 11:19 AM   #20
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

1. Your parents pressured you into going to college
2. You took out a loan
3. You have graduated college, but can't find a job in your field
4. You are stuck working part time jobs
5. Ten years later at paying the minimum monthly, the minimum you can afford, you have already paid off the value of your loan
6. You still owe more than double your tuition cost because interest
7. Your parents blame you
onawbtngr546 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 11:36 AM   #21
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 82

UPDATE:
looks like Biden has told the AP, that he is indeed planning on postponing repayment on loans till Jan 2023, and WILL eliminate a minimum of the 10k in student loans for those who took out federal loans such as parent plus loans etc. The fox news org has already jumped on calling this illegal, but in fact, a president can do through executive order, (as every president has in the pas) via the patriot act, (pandemic related expenses) the ability to make sweeping orders that are followed.

So for our Poll, it looks like 9 people were able to correctly guess the outcome so far of a part of the intent. Those who voted that nothing would happen were both incorrect and poorly informed, or just voted their bias.

Opinions are a dime a dozen, but predicting outcomes was what I was looking for everyone to do.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 01:14 PM   #22
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 82

not patriot act, but hero act
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 04:41 PM   #23
DrivesAllDay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by onawbtngr546 View Post
I think the fault is with the older generation. My father was able to afford a house, two cars, raise a family with a stay at home wife - the nuclear family to the T, working a single middle class job.
They pushed the younger generations to go to college. Because for them, college was affordable.

But now, in the past 30 years at least, the price for tuition, a house, a car, everything has skyrocketed, while at the same time, wages remain almost the same.

What took my father and my grandfather 400-500 hours of salary to save up for a down payment on a house or car or to pay off a loan would take ten times that for someone in the 2020s to buy something equivalent. People entering the college market are being sold on needing a degree in order to be successful, which is a big lie if there ever was one. It helps, but is not absolutely required
This part is quite true!! In the 80s, I was told by teachers & parents alike "You are going to college". God forbid we mentioned wanting to be plumbers, garbage men, or construction. That was considered labor for low wage earners. The trades were considered "Jobs for Losers"

Cut to today, where a guy 20 years younger than me has 2 homes, a successful plumbing company with 3 branches.

I blame part of it on kids today not wanting to jump into the work force right away or wanting an easy-sit-on-your-ass-all-day-and-do-nothing job that pays a lot.

Nowadays, I tell every HS kid "Do NOT listen to your guidance councilor's career advice". Mine told me don't bother going to school for computers. Its just a Fad.

From what I was told, your first year of CMU will run somewhere around $100K when food & lodging is factored in. $20K forgiveness is nothing. The government wastes more than that.

The Art Institute had it where, if you graduated & got a job at Kinkos, that was considered a job in your field. So while their "working in their field" numbers were high, the actual number of people making a decent living was quite low.
DrivesAllDay is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women