Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162356
Yssup Rider60210
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48388
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41256
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-09-2016, 12:01 AM   #1
Cooper Barrett
Valued Poster

Default Are you proud of your Austin Police?

Bad day for the Austin Police they paid out another $877K cash for tackling and restraining an inocent man causing him what appears to be permanent damage even though he had $330K worth of surgery. Nice job POPO
  • $164,000: Medical expenses for past treatment
  • $13,000: Medical expenses for future treatment
  • $300,000: Past physical pain and suffering
  • $150,000: Future pain and suffering
  • $30,000: Physical impairment in the past
  • $220,000: Future physical impairment
  • Total: $877,000

They also shot and killed an naked 18 YO black man who charged an officer who's partner was close by. This should be a reason to charge an officer for unreasonable force when he shot instead of spraying him or tazing him. I am so glad to be relocating to Austin, TX.
Cooper Barrett is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:36 AM   #2
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

The deadly shooting of an unarmed, nude, 18 yr old is even more impressive. Couldn't the cop simply back off, use a taser, or use his trained physical skills to disarm this kid?http://kxan.com/2016/02/08/officer-i...-north-austin/

Fine example of what's happened under the command of our leaders.
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #3
VictoriaLyn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2709
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I am disgusted ...Poor kid he was only 17..they just released his identity ...
VictoriaLyn is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:42 PM   #4
El Cid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 63
Post Facts of Life

Cops are not paid to abuse people. Abusing an innocent person walking past a stolen car will cost the city of Austin $877,000 and deservedly so.

Cops are also not paid to let themselves be killed. The shooting of the naked teen will be investigated at length for a long time, but what is being reported now is that the teen charged the officer, which makes the shooting self-defense. The officer is not expected to fight bare hand against an opponent who might be high on PCP or a martial arts black belt or to hope that his partner will come and save him.
El Cid is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:18 PM   #5
TxHarleyGuy
Account Disabled

Encounters: 18

It's easy to Monday morning quarterback the actions taken by those in what they perceive to be a life threatening (either their own or someone else's) situation. Until such time that one is placed in such a situation themselves, then - and only then - will they come to the sobering realization that they will not have the time, the benefit of hindsight, nor the convenience of a playback reel/do over when it comes to the actions they may find themselves taking. They'll literally have to assess and take action in less than a blink of an eye.

Just because someone is unarmed does not preclude them from being the subject of lethal force. That decision rests with the individual being faced with said threat. Do I have a problem with someone taking lethal action toward an unarmed individual if said individual were attempting to impose a threat to one's person? Absolutely not.

I'll be the first to say that there are bad seeds in any organization. Law enforcement being no exception. I'd also follow that by saying that cops have one helluva difficult job to do. And it gets more and more difficult with each passing day as there are some seriously fucked up people out and about.
TxHarleyGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #6
derek303
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Everybody assumes just because your a cop you can fight like Chuck Norris. These guys get scared too. Not saying there aren't bad apples but the total fuck cops attitude nowadays is disgusting. Unless they bust me with a hooker then fuck cops. LOL
derek303 is offline   Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #7
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

What, if anything, precluded the cop from putting the car between himself and the suspect? or for that matter, getting IN his patrol car.. and of course there's the matter that it probably takes the same amount of time to pull the firearm as it does to pull the taser.. I don't know, just seems like some options were left out. I do understand about having to make a snap decision, but they have training and experience that most people don't have about how to de-escalate a situation.. not terminate it.
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:08 AM   #8
Fireman495
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

Taser's do not work on people high on some drugs or if they are having a mental meltdown. I have personally seen a police officer tase a naked person , he pulled out the wires, attacked the officer and tried to get his gun. The officer put three rounds in him before he tuned loose of him. Total time was about 15 seconds. Unless you work the streets don't judge or tell us what you would do, because you don't know. Tackling the wrong guy was bullshit .
Fireman495 is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:07 AM   #9
endurance
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

but, you don't have to micro-manage 2nd guess every move they make to understand that the militarized police culture jumps to deadly force pretty quickly these days and it is getting worse not better...
endurance is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #10
rocker
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper Barrett View Post
Bad day for the Austin Police they paid out another $877K cash for tackling and restraining an inocent man causing him what appears to be permanent damage even though he had $330K worth of surgery. Nice job POPO
  • $164,000: Medical expenses for past treatment
  • $13,000: Medical expenses for future treatment
  • $300,000: Past physical pain and suffering
  • $150,000: Future pain and suffering
  • $30,000: Physical impairment in the past
  • $220,000: Future physical impairment
  • Total: $877,000

They also shot and killed an naked 18 YO black man who charged an officer who's partner was close by. This should be a reason to charge an officer for unreasonable force when he shot instead of spraying him or tazing him. I am so glad to be relocating to Austin, TX.
No the tax payers paid $877,000. Very sad.

Rocker
rocker is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:56 AM   #11
Guest062019
Valued Poster

Encounters: 91

I truly have a deep hatred for the police because of the constant violations of the rights of citizens. There was a time in this country that the CONSTITUTION meant something. Cops are now creating situations to get people caught up. Its not about upholding the law anymore. They just assume we all are breaking it, I am sick of their shit.
Guest062019 is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #12
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHarleyGuy View Post
It's easy to Monday morning quarterback the actions taken by those in what they perceive to be a life threatening (either their own or someone else's) situation. Until such time that one is placed in such a situation themselves, then - and only then - will they come to the sobering realization that they will not have the time, the benefit of hindsight, nor the convenience of a playback reel/do over when it comes to the actions they may find themselves taking. They'll literally have to assess and take action in less than a blink of an eye.

Just because someone is unarmed does not preclude them from being the subject of lethal force. That decision rests with the individual being faced with said threat. Do I have a problem with someone taking lethal action toward an unarmed individual if said individual were attempting to impose a threat to one's person? Absolutely not.

I'll be the first to say that there are bad seeds in any organization. Law enforcement being no exception. I'd also follow that by saying that cops have one helluva difficult job to do. And it gets more and more difficult with each passing day as there are some seriously fucked up people out and about.
The problem is that this used not to happen. What's gone wrong? For the last dozen years every year an APD officer has shot and killed an unarmed person. Everytime this happened the city would pay out $800,000 to the family and then it would be forgotten until next year when it happened again. Then two years ago this cycle was broken when an APD Detective chased down and executed a black man under the Koenig Lane bridge near Mopac. This time the officer was charged with manslaughter because the victim was shot in the back of the head and there was no defense for self preservation for fear of life. It's taken two years and now it's happened again. In times past if an unarmed kid would charge an officer the officer would just fight him. He's used his night stick or flashlight and the kid would be put down. Today they just panic and start shooting and usually don't stop firing until they've run out of bullets. In this case the family will be paid off and the officer will not be punished. Life goes on.
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:26 PM   #13
sunspots
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Despite all the stuff in the media.. From my experience, APD has better cops than most other places... Ive seen places in the US where half the cops seemed like malicious third world Barney Fifes
sunspots is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:00 AM   #14
EastBayRay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

As bad as you think APD is, they're better than Cedar Park cops.

CP pigs are cocksukers.
EastBayRay is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women