Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70752
biomed162886
Yssup Rider60560
gman4453255
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48528
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42082
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36435
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-10-2015, 07:33 PM   #1
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Default Hillary Clinton Says She Once Tried to Be a Marine

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/15/us...be-marine.html

Hillary Clinton Says She Once Tried to Be Marine

By MAUREEN DOWD,

Published: June 15, 1994

• WASHINGTON, June 14— The First Lady has offered a kaleidoscope of images to the public, but today she added the most curious one yet: Private Hillary.

Speaking at a lunch on Capitol Hill honoring military women, Hillary Rodham Clinton said that she once visited a recruiting office in Arkansas to inquire about joining the Marines.
She told the group gathered for lunch in the Dirksen Office Building, according to The Associated Press, that she became interested in the military in 1975, the year she married Bill Clinton and the year she was teaching at the University of Arkansas law school in Fayetteville.
She was 27 then, she said, and the Marine recruiter was about 21. She was interested in joining either the active forces or the reserves, she recalled, but was swiftly rebuffed by the recruiter, who took a dim view of her age and her thick glasses. 'Not Very Encouraging'
"You're too old, you can't see and you're a woman," Mrs. Clinton said she was told, adding that the recruiter dismissed her by suggesting she try the Army. "Maybe the dogs would take you," she recalled the recruiter saying.
"It was not a very encouraging conversation," she said. "I decided maybe I'll look for another way to serve my country."
Mrs. Clinton offered the story to illustrate how far women had come. She said that "it was not an isolated situation" for women to be turned away by military recruiters. And she lauded efforts to bring women into more aspects of military service.
The First Lady's cascading, contradictory images have been the subject of much commentary. This month's Mirabella magazine runs a dizzying array of different looking Hillary Rodham Clintons, to match her blur of different roles, with a story that frets: "We sense that we aren't seeing the 'real' Hillary, and this makes us very nervous."
But, even given the fact that the nation has become accustomed to Mrs. Clinton's intriguing shape-shifting -- from liberal do-gooder to high-risk commodities trader, from power lawyer to cookie baker, from health care czar to housewife supervising the menu for the state dinner for the Emperor and Empress of Japan -- the latest one is still jarring. Macho Contrast to Clinton
First, it presented a macho contrast to a President who had just visited England, where news reports recalled the letter he wrote from there to a representative of the Reserve Officers Training Corps at the University of Arkansas, explaining why many members of his generation loved their country but still found themselves "loathing" the military.
And it did not seem to fit in with the First Lady's own persona. After all, Hillary Rodham was an up-and-coming legal star involved with an up-and-coming political star. She had made a celebrated appearance in Life magazine as an anti-establishment commencement speaker at Wellesley College, where, as president of the student government, she had organized teach-ins on her opposition to the Vietnam War.
She was a Yale law school graduate who had worked on the anti-war Presidential campaigns of Eugene J. McCarthy and George McGovern.
Mrs. Clinton told friends that she had moved to Arkansas for only one reason: to be with Bill Clinton. Years later, she would tell Vanity Fair that she had stayed because "I didn't see anything out there that I thought was more exciting or challenging than what I had in front of me."
She and Mr. Clinton married on Oct. 11, 1975 in Fayetteville.
So, if she was talking to a Marine recruiter in 1975 before the marriage, was she briefly considering joining the few, the proud and the brave of the corps as an alternative to life with Mr. Clinton, who was already being widely touted as a sure thing for Arkansas Attorney General?
Neal Lattimore, Mrs. Clinton's spokesman, said her visit to the recruiter had to be seen in the context of her dedication to public service.
"I'm never surprised when Mrs. Clinton is doing something service oriented," he said. "She was just taking in all her options, saying 'This is where I am in my life, this is what fits into my life right now.' "
But she had moved to Arkansas to be with Mr. Clinton, so why was she thinking about joining the Marines?
"Maybe she was thinking about the J.A.G. Corps," he said, referring to the legal branch of the service. "She was exploring all her options, the National Guard, everything."

I'm beginning to believe that people really were trying to shoot her on the tarmac in Bosnia.

!
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:02 PM   #2
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #3
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Hillary left out the "don't ask, don't tell" part. I wonder if anybody in the Republican Party got smart and read any of her books looking for dirt.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #4
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/15/us...be-marine.html

By MAUREEN DOWD,

Published: June 15, 1994

• WASHINGTON, June 14— The First Lady has offered a kaleidoscope of images to the public, but today she added the most curious one yet: Private Hillary.

Speaking at a lunch on Capitol Hill honoring military women, Hillary Rodham Clinton said that she once visited a recruiting office in Arkansas to inquire about joining the Marines.
She told the group gathered for lunch in the Dirksen Office Building, according to The Associated Press, that she became interested in the military in 1975, the year she married Bill Clinton and the year she was teaching at the University of Arkansas law school in Fayetteville.
She was 27 then, she said, and the Marine recruiter was about 21. She was interested in joining either the active forces or the reserves, she recalled, but was swiftly rebuffed by the recruiter, who took a dim view of her age and her thick glasses. 'Not Very Encouraging'
"You're too old, you can't see and you're a woman," Mrs. Clinton said she was told, adding that the recruiter dismissed her by suggesting she try the Army. "Maybe the dogs would take you," she recalled the recruiter saying.
"It was not a very encouraging conversation," she said. "I decided maybe I'll look for another way to serve my country."
Mrs. Clinton offered the story to illustrate how far women had come. She said that "it was not an isolated situation" for women to be turned away by military recruiters. And she lauded efforts to bring women into more aspects of military service.
The First Lady's cascading, contradictory images have been the subject of much commentary. This month's Mirabella magazine runs a dizzying array of different looking Hillary Rodham Clintons, to match her blur of different roles, with a story that frets: "We sense that we aren't seeing the 'real' Hillary, and this makes us very nervous."
But, even given the fact that the nation has become accustomed to Mrs. Clinton's intriguing shape-shifting -- from liberal do-gooder to high-risk commodities trader, from power lawyer to cookie baker, from health care czar to housewife supervising the menu for the state dinner for the Emperor and Empress of Japan -- the latest one is still jarring. Macho Contrast to Clinton
First, it presented a macho contrast to a President who had just visited England, where news reports recalled the letter he wrote from there to a representative of the Reserve Officers Training Corps at the University of Arkansas, explaining why many members of his generation loved their country but still found themselves "loathing" the military.
And it did not seem to fit in with the First Lady's own persona. After all, Hillary Rodham was an up-and-coming legal star involved with an up-and-coming political star. She had made a celebrated appearance in Life magazine as an anti-establishment commencement speaker at Wellesley College, where, as president of the student government, she had organized teach-ins on her opposition to the Vietnam War.
She was a Yale law school graduate who had worked on the anti-war Presidential campaigns of Eugene J. McCarthy and George McGovern.
Mrs. Clinton told friends that she had moved to Arkansas for only one reason: to be with Bill Clinton. Years later, she would tell Vanity Fair that she had stayed because "I didn't see anything out there that I thought was more exciting or challenging than what I had in front of me."
She and Mr. Clinton married on Oct. 11, 1975 in Fayetteville.
So, if she was talking to a Marine recruiter in 1975 before the marriage, was she briefly considering joining the few, the proud and the brave of the corps as an alternative to life with Mr. Clinton, who was already being widely touted as a sure thing for Arkansas Attorney General?
Neal Lattimore, Mrs. Clinton's spokesman, said her visit to the recruiter had to be seen in the context of her dedication to public service.
"I'm never surprised when Mrs. Clinton is doing something service oriented," he said. "She was just taking in all her options, saying 'This is where I am in my life, this is what fits into my life right now.' "
But she had moved to Arkansas to be with Mr. Clinton, so why was she thinking about joining the Marines?
"Maybe she was thinking about the J.A.G. Corps," he said, referring to the legal branch of the service. "She was exploring all her options, the National Guard, everything."

I'm beginning to believe that people really were trying to shoot her on the tarmac in Bosnia.

!
I'm sure wishing those snipers would have had better training and optics !
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:44 PM   #5
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9
Default Doing Just Fine Without the Hildabeast!

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:31 AM   #6
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post

By MAUREEN DOWD,

.... she became interested in the military in 1975, the year she married Bill Clinton .... She was 27 then, she said,

..... but was swiftly rebuffed by the recruiter, who took a dim view of her age and her thick glasses. 'Not Very Encouraging' "You're too old, you can't see and you're a woman,"

Two peas in a pod!

I think she was thinking about the S.K.A.G. Corps. and got confused.

Let's see if the Corps comes up with the log book and the recruiter. Wouldn't that be sweet.

Apparently ... HC had pissed off MD! ("June 15, 1994") MD was hot back then.

Wonder if MD serviced BC in the ORAL OFFICE......to spite HC.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:58 AM   #7
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

If that recruiter was just 21, odds are he is still alive. The News outlets could do a search in Marines in service at that time, find out deployment, narrow it down pretty quick.

Recruiting stations are manned by a senior NCO. Probably at least an E-6. How many 21 year old senior NCO's were manning stations at that time?

Her story, with a little bit of effort, could be investigated.

In short, She was lying.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:05 AM   #8
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

What? Again?
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:28 AM   #9
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
What? Again?
Dowd wrote that in 1994. I am sure if all the major news outlets are willing to put forth the effort to find all the friends of Ben Carson from 50 years ago, they should be willing to investigate Hillary's claim, especially since there are records of personnel to be accessed.

They have a good paper trail to follow.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:29 AM   #10
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Dims don't lie. They tell "inspirational trans-factual truths."
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:49 AM   #11
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
If that recruiter was just 21, odds are he is still alive.

Her story, with a little bit of effort, could be investigated.

In short, She was lying.
No one is going to put out the effort. MD didn't 20 years ago.

BigTits could with his 20-20 hindsight xray vision, but he's not interested in calling her out.

He's too busy campaigning for his write-in candidacy.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:25 AM   #12
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Dowd wrote that in 1994. I am sure if all the major news outlets are willing to put forth the effort to find all the friends of Ben Carson from 50 years ago, they should be willing to investigate Hillary's claim, especially since there are records of personnel to be accessed.

They have a good paper trail to follow.
Any "paper trail " involving the Clintons usually means the "paper " ends up bring used toilet paper from all of the shit that those lying SOBs spew !
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:02 PM   #13
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

All you need to know is that the media has Carson under a microscope while contributing to Hillary and Bill Money Laundering Foundation.
Any investigative journalist that wasn't on the libtard payroll would investigate but we all know that will not happen.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:07 PM   #14
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
All you need to know is that the media has Carson under a microscope while contributing to Hillary and Bill Money Laundering Foundation.
Any investigative journalist that wasn't on the libtard payroll would investigate but we all know that will not happen.
So you have no faith in faux news?
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:18 PM   #15
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women