Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70551
biomed161618
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453120
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48051
pyramider46370
bambino40807
CryptKicker37138
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-20-2015, 05:06 AM   #1
Jules Jaguar
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 15434
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Car repair rant/legal question.

Long story short took my car into a repair shop to get a tune up and they damaged my car to the point it is now not even drivable... car was running fine when i brought it in for thiS tune up. Sat afternoon my check engine light came on. Went to auto zone right away got one misfire code cylander number 6 and egnition coil... was told i probably just need a tune up so i took it to a nearby shop right away.

Was told it would take two hours 3 then 4hours go by and i can see every guy in this shop crowded around my car i knew something wasnt right then... went to see what was going on and they said they were getting misfires for every other code and it was not starting when they finally did start it it sounded horrible. They told me they needed to keep the car an extra day (sunday) and it would be ready by the end of the day. Sunday rolls around more lies and stalling. Was told it would be ready 10am monday morning. Get there at 11 the car is in the same shape as it was sat night. More lies.

Had to pay 350 for the work/damage they did to even get my car back from them to take it in to another place... after the damage was done my car was there 2days and multiple lies were told to me i did not feel comfortable letting them continue to damage my car.

New place says they did such a number on my car they still dont even know what the problem is yet.

Most people are telling me small claims court is my best bet. At this point im still without a car and have no clue what is wrong with it or how much its gonna cost me.

What are my options? Small claims court? Sit outside their business with a sign? Burn it down? Joking of course about the last one but i am pissed lol

I know there are some smart fuckers here so figured id ask you all what the hell i should do
Jules Jaguar is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:47 AM   #2
bored@home
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Two pieces,
1. What kind of car, mostly engine and orientation question. You said cylinder 6 so assuming its a v6 variant and fwd (pm is fine)
2. Was the fumbling shop a big to small chain (pep boys, jiffy etc)

Old friend of mine took her eclipse to pep boys once for a tune and belt, got it back worse than she dropped it off. They still charged near 800 for their work and told her the best bet was to trade it in.

I spent a day tearing it down and photographing every mistake and another day correcting. Day 3 i printed out a full report with pics and we drove it back to the shop. The manger looked it over and shrugged it off as "oh well". I don't know if she sent it and higher up the chain but this was also before social media.

I would blast then on their FB, Twitter, Yelp...everything if it happened today..."the squeaky wheel gets the grease" in today's public shaming /pile on society.
bored@home is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:04 AM   #3
Jules Jaguar
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 15434
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Sent u a pm... thank you
Jules Jaguar is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #4
BLM69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

Biggest mistake was listening to AutoZone inexperienced workers, when someone suggest the word "probably" in the automotive industry, run the other way. You should always pay for a diagnostic to find out what the issue is before you start throwing parts at it.
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 01:46 PM   #5
sparrow1122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

+1 BLM
sparrow1122 is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:25 PM   #6
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

From a practical standpoint, you probably cannot afford to hire a lawyer unless they have significantly damaged a car with fairly substantial value. I recently had a damage claim for my care that amounted to about $1,600. Had I not been a licensed attorney and willing to handle it myself, I would have been shit out if luck. I also knew exactly how to document the problems, what to do in terms of asking them to save evidence, putting them on written notice concerning saved evidence, etc. And I'm still fighting my claim, and have clearly put much more than $1,600 worth of time into. They just pissed me off and I'm not letting them get away with what they did.

My practical suggestion is two-fold. First, go to an independent mechanic that you believe to be reliable. I'd ask here. Tell them what you think happened and have them do, if practical, a quick check to see what the facts are. Then, if it is enough to make it worth your time, go back to the initial shop. Ask to speak to the manager. Calmly, and in a brief, but detailed manner tell him your complaint. Anticipate any questions he might ask. Have a estimate from the other shop handy. Also have a reasonable proposal that he can accept that will solve the problem. If that doesn't get you satisfaction, then you can pick your best option among the following:

1. Write it off as bad luck and get your car fixed elsewhere;
2. Number 1, plus a complaint to the Better Business Bureau to hopefully keep this from happening again. Maybe a Yelp! review.
3. Consider JP (small claims) court. But realize that if the body shop is of any size, they may fight you in JP Court, and then they can appeal to County Court at Law. Plus, they may hire a lawyer for JP Court, and unless you have worked in a law office, or are a great learned, you probably won't be able to get all your evidence in because you aren't familiar with the Rules of Evidence, etc.
4. If it is a substantial claim, talk to a lawyer. I can give you some ideas who (or at least what type) of lawyer to speak to if you can tell me what county you are in. But be aware that they are probably going to want their fee up front, which you may well not be able to afford. It's not greed or lack of compassion on their part, but with a claim under $7.500 - $15,000, it's really hard for a layer to a) come out if he doesn't get something up front, considering that he will have to advance the expenses; and b) unlike a personal injury case, we don't often see auto repair cases, so it's hard for us to tell a good one from a bad one in ten minutes of visiting with you. So there is probably $500-$1,000 of time spent just trying to figure out if you have a viable case.

With regard to number 4, you may ask, "What is to keep an unscrupulous lawyer from taking a cash fee from me and then telling me I have no case, or doing a shitty, half-assed job. Then I'm out my car and my money?" The short answer is, "Nothing, but the professionalism and ethics of the individual lawyer in question." That's not a worthless thing, and I think MOST, BUT NOT ALL lawyers will shoot straight with you as best they can. This isn't the kind of cases lawyers are chasing after and planning to retire on. But, I can't look you in the eye (metaphorically) and tell that there aren't some lawyers out there whose ethics aren't worth a shit. I think there are a lot fewer than most suspect, but it's not much different from any other profession -- a few bad apples give the rest of us a bad reputation, but bad apples exist.

Hope this helps, thought frankly, it's mostly bad news. Feel free to PM me with questions. I only check in here once or twice a week, but I'll see it eventually. You have at least a year, probably two years, to bring your claim (though waiting that long is likely a very bad idea).

Good luck.

Tex
TexTushHog is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women