Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162867
Yssup Rider60548
gman4453255
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48520
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42053
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36417
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-19-2015, 09:27 AM   #121
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
You know better than to judge others by your own standards. When you, and your cohorts, lose, the "meltdown" claim is your last gasp. You all look like beached fish trying to get some oxygen, but you stink worse. You are lame. Real lame. Save it for someone who is impressed with your bullshit. I'm not.

I doubt anyone else you regularly stalk and attack is either. Your ex-GF?

And you quoted "Shamless"???? You are desperate!!!! Here's his power of critical "thinking"...

Post 168 on 4/15/15 ..."Who Is The Blame For Walter Scott's Death?"

Question posed to SHANM aka Shameless:
"What about a suspect running away and then fights with you when you catch up?

His Answer!! "....... better yet, shoot him in the leg, wait for backup and the paramedics. good ol' police work."
Way too many commas in that second sentence. How do we solve racism? That was the original question, yes? I think that fewer LL Idiots in the gene pool is a good start. You haven't reproduced, have you?
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:12 AM   #122
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default e pluribus unum

racism is the idea that there are variances and biological differences between the races or groups

these perceived differences can be held and ranked as superior or inferior by a beholder

Beholders' views regarding race rankings are "colored" by their own race

racism becomes an issue when there is discrimination based on race, but I don't think discrimination is based primarily on race, race usually is only the 'face" of the cause of discrimination

I tend to think that environment and adopted culture are really the cause of discrimination rather pure racism. culture tends to be confused with race, thus a race becomes tarred with actions caused by culture.

where two competing cultures intersect, there is conflict

today, I believe, the dominant culture in a society tends to discriminate due to many factors, most all of which are actions based not race based.

while non-dominant cultures in a society tend to discriminate based on race, due mainly, I think, to a feeling of the need of self preservation, and sub cultures are adopted due to this idea of self preservation which only cause more conflict.

I think the answer to most of our ills is assimilation

the difficulty is how to accomplish assimilation.

the maya angelou falsehood of a salad bowl instead of a mixing bowl is the crux of the matter
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:21 PM   #123
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
racism is the idea that there are variances and biological differences between the races or groups

these perceived differences can be held and ranked as superior or inferior by a beholder

Beholders' views regarding race rankings are "colored" by their own race

racism becomes an issue when there is discrimination based on race, but I don't think discrimination is based primarily on race, race usually is only the 'face" of the cause of discrimination

I tend to think that environment and adopted culture are really the cause of discrimination rather pure racism. culture tends to be confused with race, thus a race becomes tarred with actions caused by culture.

where two competing cultures intersect, there is conflict

today, I believe, the dominant culture in a society tends to discriminate due to many factors, most all of which are actions based not race based.

while non-dominant cultures in a society tend to discriminate based on race, due mainly, I think, to a feeling of the need of self preservation, and sub cultures are adopted due to this idea of self preservation which only cause more conflict.

I think the answer to most of our ills is assimilation

the difficulty is how to accomplish assimilation.

the maya angelou falsehood of a salad bowl instead of a mixing bowl is the crux of the matter
Someone needs to let maya angelou in on the joke - she IS the joke!!
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:28 AM   #124
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:

I think the answer to most of our ills is assimilation.
"assimilation definition. The process by which a person or persons acquire the social and psychological characteristics of a group: “Waves of immigrants have been assimilated into the American culture.” Published by Houghton Mifflin Company."

When a person decides to come live in the United States, and make their home (whether temporarily or permanently) THEY "assimilate" into the predominately American culture as represented by the majority of the people in the United States. They should adapt to the environment and blend into the prevailing standards. Within their homes and personal lives they can enjoy and exercise their own beliefs so long as they don't conflict with the laws of the United States.

It is not the responsibility of the rank and file citizens of this country to change the recognized standards and laws of this country to "accommodate' their previous standards and laws in so far as they conflict.

But this thread is about resolving racial conflicts within the United States, and not about immigrating newcomers.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:06 AM   #125
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
"assimilation definition. The process by which a person or persons acquire the social and psychological characteristics of a group:

But this thread is about resolving racial conflicts within the United States, and not about immigrating newcomers.
you think ghetto blacks assimilate?
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:46 AM   #126
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
you think ghetto blacks assimilate?
By "ghetto blacks" are you referencing all Black persons who live in a "ghetto"?

If you are, I would say you are characterizing as a group all those people in that group. If that is the case, then my honest answer would have to be ... "I don't know what all Black persons who live in a "ghetto would do or not do. I will "assume" for the purposes of the discussion there are Black persons living in ghettos who desire to leave the ghetto in which they live and live in a community outside of the ghetto in which they have lived. I have known some Black people well and been sufficiently close to them to realize they came from limited circumstances and met the challenges improving on their conditions and assuring their children's futures were secure and productive. It wasn't easy for them, just like it is not easy for others to move beyond the conditions in which they were born and raised in their formative years.

They people I've known who have improved their station in life did it by focusing and working hard, which included obtaining an education to facilitate that improvement....whether that education was academic or vocational.
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women