Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > Coed Discussions - San Antonio
test
Coed Discussions - San Antonio Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70782
biomed163123
Yssup Rider60779
gman4453284
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48620
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42450
CryptKicker37209
The_Waco_Kid36899
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
Guest101618
Account Disabled

Encounters: 59
Talking Recession in the sex industry?

I stumbled upon an article on Salon.com suggesting the recession has had a profound effect on the sex industry. I haven't seen it myself, but I prefer to have cookies with my milk so maybe I am not in touch with the pulse of the industry.

Thoughts?

Guest101618 is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
Samcro84
Ambassador

Encounters: 101

I have not had any issues with my regulars trying to increase price. I have not gone for some of the new girls wanting the higher prices. I have noticed a couple of $300 girls in SA going down or offering specials. But thought that may have happened since we are in summer time and biz may be slow.
Samcro84 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
Candi Staxx
Your Supermodel GF

User ID: 113962
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover14 View Post
I stumbled upon an article on Salon.com suggesting the recession has had a profound effect on the sex industry. I haven't seen it myself, but I prefer to have cookies with my milk so maybe I am not in touch with the pulse of the industry.

Thoughts?

I could definitely believe that! When I started doing this almost 5 years ago, I STARTED with rates of $350/Hr. Soon after getting into the hobby I started college, so was UTR most of that time. (for 2 years) When I graduated and decided to start doing this full time again, I'll never forget I was on the phone with my sister (who use to advertise for me) telling her what to put on the ad, and when I said just put my old $350/Hr rate, she laughed! Told me the Business was'nt that giving anymore. LOL, the bitch was right! I started back off at a lower rate, and FINALLY now almost 3 years later have just now finally gotten to, and surpassed, my starting rate. Years later! So yes, I believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerman View Post
I have not had any issues with my regulars trying to increase price. I have not gone for some of the new girls wanting the higher prices. I have noticed a couple of $300 girls in SA going down or offering specials. But thought that may have happened since we are in summer time and biz may be slow.

Just my opinion, but I dont think ANY lady should EVER raise her rate on a returning friend. Thats crap! I know I cant continue to raise my rates without the money, support, and reviews from my regulars. All of that is what helps my image! You shouldnt bite the hand that feeds you IMO! To this day there are lucky men in many states who pay up to half of what I charge now, and I'll always continue to take care of them that way, like they did for me. As for ladies offering specials during the summer... The summer is KNOWN for being "hobby season". Thats when men are spending more, and ladies are making even more! Usually if someones running specials, its because people have lost interest in them, or maybe its just bill time. Just my .2 cents!
Candi Staxx is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Candi, I applaud the latter of your statement.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:07 PM   #5
Bobave
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
Candi, I applaud the latter of your statement.
Not trying to be funny or contentious but, the what of her statement?
Bobave is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
The Player
Valued Poster

Encounters: 95

Its supply and demand. There are more providers than ever particularly older strippers. The prices are down because you have pimp owed girls and old strippers going for cheaper than they did a decade ago for head that will provide full service. New tax laws following recession in the early 2000s and the poor economy have forced overall prices down. The girl who used to get $500 for a ITC BBBJ can't compete against a pimp owned chick who provides $60 CBJ.....you shoot the same at $100 as you do at $1000!

The HDH girls have better service, reliability and looks. Candi is worth every penny even two cents because she provides above average everything and is super friendly. There are other girls who I have seen who are equally as hot at $150 but just packing meat all day and flaky about calls and scheduling with no loyalty.
The Player is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #7
Guest112916
Valued Poster

Encounters: 124

The competition in the DFW area is fierce right now. I have heard from many providers that the last 6 months has been the worst. When rent week arrives I get 5-10 pms, texts, emails from girls saying they need help.
Guest112916 is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #8
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobave View Post
Not trying to be funny or contentious but, the what of her statement?

Just my opinion, but I dont think ANY lady should EVER raise her rate on a returning friend. Thats crap! I know I cant continue to raise my rates without the money, support, and reviews from my regulars. All of that is what helps my image! You shouldnt bite the hand that feeds you IMO! To this day there are lucky men in many states who pay up to half of what I charge now, and I'll always continue to take care of them that way, like they did for me. As for ladies offering specials during the summer... The summer is KNOWN for being "hobby season". Thats when men are spending more, and ladies are making even more! Usually if someones running specials, its because people have lost interest in them, or maybe its just bill time. Just my .2 cents!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #9
The Player
Valued Poster

Encounters: 95

VS I got five from Houston and two each from Dallas and SA....they are getting bad. My friends and I are now counting how many and quoting prices to them now. its a buyers market right now. Very few can demand over $300 now.

I am so glad there is so much competition now.
The Player is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:04 AM   #10
Bob McV
Subgenius

Encounters: 23

I realize ECCIE is but just one small pool in the great big sea of hookerdom, but based on my observations I have to wonder if the sense of community here is driver prices down more so than the saturation of the market (which is assuredly a factor in general). A lady cuts a guy a deal, with a few keystrokes 100's of guys are now aware and asking for the same deal (or better) effectively lowering her rate. Where as say geographic areas that rely on TER or other less communal sites may not see this effect.

I don't think driving prices down (or more accurately normalizing price) is a bad thing unto itself. However, I have to believe that as this happens the service and experience offered will be lower as well. ("if he is getting the pussy for half price, I'm giving half the effort") This has no effect on some customers that don't care or actually want a less than personal experience, or are so charming that they can overcome the above attitude; for the rest I think prices may effectively go up. As there will be a smaller pool of women offering the type of personalized experience. There are so many factors in play obviously there are no easy or quick answers to the question of price Vs. service.

On a personal note I have seen Candi a couple times and have to say she could teach a master class in customer service, either in or out of this industry. I fully support that everyone should run their business however they see fit, but I have to think that if you develop repeat customers over the course of a year or so the stress, time, and hassle of screening and "handling" new clients is greatly reduced, allowing you more time and energy to provide even better service to these said repeat customers and allow for more free time; which the hours and flexibility I assume is as much a draw as the earning potential.

There are few others I have met that are in the same league as Candi and a few more I look forward to seeing; I am only naming her because she has already posted above.

I am not so well established at VS or Player that I get unsolicited calls, I am pretty sure that is a good thing as I no doubt would have a hard time saying no.
Bob McV is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:17 AM   #11
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

It's not easy to assess community-wide pricing (much less state-wide, etc.) without capturing way too much data, and, of course, data and statistics are only as reliable as the persons posting them; my sense of the hobby locally is that perhaps only 10 to maybe 25 percent of the data is actually posted. Meaning, so many UTR (actuals) and non-reported data greatly exceeds what we do see.

What we do see:

More providers into the mix, viz. P411, eccie threads, posts, eros, other sites, plus all the BP and CL and moco and etc. stuff -- while not always real, for sure, still real enough in that it has been posted.

My sense of the local (and elsewhere as well) hobby is that as much as the female side has expanded, the male side has grown even more so. We can certainly see that growth on the boards --- and also in the somewhat stepped up LE activities, both off and on the greater web.

One can argue the efficiencies of Economics 101 -- e.g., supply and demand -- but several certainties definitely present -- and persist.

w/o actually counting the number of ladies whose pricing well exceeds the local rack rate (let's assume local rack rate is in the 200 dollar and not far above range) there are many providers exhibiting prices well above the 300 and even further ranges.

For sure, I cannot relate much data about who patronizes those price ranges, but, I can honestly state that the usual economic principles apply: those providers are still advertising and thus are still in business and obviously earning enough to stay in business.

That said, of course, the reverse might also be accurate if not totally true: more providers in the lower pricing tier(s) seem to remain in business but also seem to be working in the civilian world as well; for some of these, providing is now a supportive supplemental stream of income, rather than a main source of income.

Privately, my UTR list has more than doubled in the past 8 to 10 months, now close to several dozens; many of these are providers well-supported by streams of "regulars," with some of the UTRs appearing infrequently in ads or at M&Gs large and small.

So where is the "local" hobby going.

First, lets try to define "local" as meaning only those ladies and gents who hobby only locally. Discount, for the moment, gents (or ladies) who travel infrequently, either solo or in pairs or groups. Indeed, more than a few galz and guyz in SA are known to venture into not so far territory (Austin) or even more distant territory, say DFW or Houston or beyond.

Measuring visitors into SA is a bit easier, based on ads and reviews, but of no consequence at this moment.

Of more consequence seems to be the much larger numbers of providers venturing forth from say Dallas into Houston -- some for what a few might call "emotional" reasons, but, virtually all for the same reason: financial. Such ventures have been reported (not documented, mind you) in forums in Houston and in Dallas, also here, to a degree in San Antonio.

= = = = =

Sorry for the length of the above, so here's a brief conclusion:

More and more providers are discovering the advantages (and some disadvantages, too) of traveling to other cities.

More and more hobbyists are discovering much the same, either by venturing forth, or by patronizing if not supporting the visitors coming here.

All of the above indicates to me that obviously the 'net is facilitating much of the expansion of travelers; possibly, too, having a great effect on pricing at all levels.

= = = = =
The recession has pushed sex worker prices way down

Changing social mores combined with a bad economy have made prostitution less lucrative than before

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/12/the_recession_has_pushed_sex_w orker_prices_way_down/

above, the subject article quoted by the OP

I suggest that the article ignores the data that more and more (both females and males) are entering the "bidness" economy in spite of or perhaps because of the recession. But also perhaps because of the changes mores of society.
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #12
Bob McV
Subgenius

Encounters: 23

Thought provoking. I would suggest if this is a sole income for a lady that traveling not only opens up a new client base, but increases the chance for more reviews. Which good reviews are the best advertisement, and it also reminds the locals of the talent in their own backyard.
Bob McV is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #13
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Lord knows i've been doing my best to jump start our microeconomy here.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #14
gntman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candi Staxx View Post
Just my opinion, but I dont think ANY lady should EVER raise her rate on a returning friend. Thats crap! I know I cant continue to raise my rates without the money, support, and reviews from my regulars. All of that is what helps my image! You shouldnt bite the hand that feeds you IMO! To this day there are lucky men in many states who pay up to half of what I charge now, and I'll always continue to take care of them that way, like they did for me........
+100 Candi. You have a good business/common sense attitude. I used to have an ATF who would raise my rates when she raised hers. What?!?! Totally ungrateful. My hand still hurts from the bite.
gntman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women