Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
test
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162418
Yssup Rider60254
gman4453221
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48405
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41315
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35723
Mojojo33117

Old 06-29-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
Brot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
Default Tor browser

Wondering if by having multiple browsers open while viewing eccie through a Tor browser what if any information or sharing occurs between browsers?
Brot is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
jframe2
Valued Poster

Basically, the answer is yes, you can have a Tor Browser and another browser open at the same time.

But keep in mind to....
- have a unique browser per each identity you want to be kept separate, keep anything remotely related to an identity within the right browser.
- don't accidentally copy and paste a URL / search term / email into the wrong browser.

There is lots of tech info on this subject if you want to go full blown techie. A Net search will give you lot of reading.
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #3
DangedDragon
Gaining Momentum

Brot, If I'm understanding your question correctly, you are asking if when you are using TOR, if it shares information with other browsers like IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc...

The answer to that is no.

What JFrame2 is saying is correct, also. You can have TOR in several different folders and each copy is completely independent of the others, but keeping them separate is tough, unless you are really good at remembering which window is for what purpose.

When I'm trying to keep my footprint to a minimum, I use a VPN, work in an incognito window of Chrome or Firefox, and then cleanup with CCleaner after I'm finished. TOR is more secure and private, but you lose some of the functionality of other browsers.
DangedDragon is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #4
mike.anthony1983
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 8

Tor is not safer, nor more private than a good VPN. A good VPN builds an encrypted tunnel between you and the other end; all data being passed through your ISP as well is encrypted so you don't have to worry there either. Your data is secure, your passwords and other pieces of identification are secure. What the website you log into chooses to do with your data is another matter, but you've done your part, you've done what you can.

Tor uses a network of nodes to route and reroute your queries, and it has been said many a times in guides for Tor beginners that no data submitted through Tor is safe from prying eyes. If you just go to say... 4chan and post anonymously it wouldn't be easy to track it to you because it will have gone through a network of tor nodes, but if you use Tor to log into sensitive sites such as web email, ECCIE, P411, heck. You don't know who has access to the nodes your data is being passed through. Keep all personal information off Tor at all times.
mike.anthony1983 is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #5
newalhobbyist
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3
Default TOR vs VPN

I think that TOR does often provide additional security benefits over many VPNs. Many VPNs keep records and logs that TOR does not. Also, VPNs often are not designed for anonymity but instead are often designed to bring in a known user into a trusted computing environment. VPNs often cost and the payment stream creates additional records. VPNs and TOR both have very nice security features but they are not equivalent.
newalhobbyist is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
mike.anthony1983
Gaining Momentum

Can you vouch for all the integrity of all the relay and exit nodes your data will travel through? And what if said nodes are in control of LE and/or companies that datamine, or criminals wanting to collect personal information such as SSNs, CCs, etc. Lets say your end website requires you to put in your first and last name; if you do it doesn't matter if your data went through 5 nodes or 500, it'll still be your name should any of those nodes be compromised.

Your functional definition of a VPN is correct but outdated, VPNs are now often used by people engaging in multimedia piracy and there are a lot of VPNs now that are tailor made to fit that requirement. In this case, if your ISP is adamant on keeping tabs on you, they might know you've communicated with ECCIE, but they won't know what you did while you were there. The easiest solution is to pay for a VPN that does not maintain logs, for a measly $3 a month. Google and you'll find a good comparison of VPNs out there.

I use TOR frequently as well, but only when I don't want anyone to know who I am, not the end server, not my ISP, not the nodes in between.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:04 PM   #7
newalhobbyist
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

I use TOR frequently as well, but only when I don't want anyone to know who I am, not the end server, not my ISP, not the nodes in between.[/QUOTE]

One of my points exactly but much better said!! And not at all like VPNs.
newalhobbyist is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:36 PM   #8
Kccatman
Registered Member

Default Tor Browser

Right now I would be cautious using the Tor network. Sometime back I noticed that when using it I would always go through the same node in Iceland. It didn't matter what I was doing or when, the same IP address would show up. This should not occur using the Tor network.

If you research how Silk Road was rolled up by the Feds, you will see they knew when Dredge Roberts was online even though he was using the Tor network. But no where in the disclosures have they said how.

I have done research on non-public data in which I have access and determined that the Feds do have cooperation from the Icelandic government in a lot of their endeavors.

Use this information as you want, but I don't have the warm & fuzzy about the Tor network.
Kccatman is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #9
jframe2
Valued Poster

I believe that Iceland shows up a lot is that they are the location of several major communication cables that head out toward Europe.

Anyone remember the closet that the NSA took over in California inside the building that serviced the Pacific cable structure? It was frickin' ingenious; installed all their equipment in a maintenance closet inside the building and the owners/companies never even knew until they were found out by an employee with a key to the closet.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #10
Mssppislm
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 298
Location: *Southern Illinois*KCMO*Central-North Mississippi* North Louisiana*
My ECCIE Reviews

http://www.cnet.com/news/nsa-likely-...os-tor-curious
Mssppislm is offline   Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #11
mike.anthony1983
Gaining Momentum

It's astonishing how complacent the population is in the face of such blatant disregard for civil liberties and privacies. Any outcry is mostly limited to some watchdog groups and mainly people in the tech industry; no one else seems to care. Maybe it's because there aren't many articles explaining all the Snowden leaks in black-and-white layman terms? Either way, it's sickening, and it won't stop.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:11 AM   #12
jframe2
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.anthony1983 View Post
.... Maybe it's because there aren't many articles explaining all the Snowden leaks in black-and-white layman terms? Either way, it's sickening, and it won't stop.
I disagree, I think there are many articles that have done a good job of explaining Snowden's exposures in a way that is understood by the layman.

I believe people are Sheeple and lazy. They don't want to do any research or additional reading beyond the 5 sentences on the highlights page of whatever home page they use.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women