Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 06-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56
Default About Dallas

Okay, I grew up in Lewisville, left when I was 18 and never went back. But, I do know of most of the places that are named on here. I can't, however, get a fix on Mid Cities, and on 5 Points. I know 5 Points is in the area NE of Dallas but exactly where. Wikimapia gives it as near Vickery Meadow? Can I get some help, please. Also we used to go swimming at the pool at Vickery Park. Is that in Vickery Meadow? Thanks
stikiwikit is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
hotindallas
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikiwikit View Post
Okay, I grew up in Lewisville, left when I was 18 and never went back. But, I do know of most of the places that are named on here. I can't, however, get a fix on Mid Cities, and on 5 Points. I know 5 Points is in the area NE of Dallas but exactly where. Wikimapia gives it as near Vickery Meadow? Can I get some help, please. Also we used to go swimming at the pool at Vickery Park. Is that in Vickery Meadow? Thanks
Vickery Park was just south of Walnut Hill Lane on Greenville Avenue in North Dallas. It's not there any more.

The Mid Cities area includes Arlington, Grand Prairie, Hurst, Euless, and Bedford - the cities that are between Dallas and Fort Worth proper.

Hope that helps!
hotindallas is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Thank you for your help but where is 5 Points and is it a very dangerous area as depicted on the 'net.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
Ol'blue eyes
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

5 points= high five maybe. That's 635 and 75, if so. A lot of motels and providers in that area. Dangerous? Depends, a lot of backpage ladies list that area so pimps could be an issue. These are only my educated assumptions
Ol'blue eyes is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I was curious about the 5 points and so I looked it up.

Coordinates: 32°52'15"N 96°45'35"W

It looks like, from the map, an area that is right at Park Lane and Fair Oaks behind Greenville Avenue and not far from Northwest Highway.

Quote: "This Five-way intersection is a focus of Dallas Police's Operation Disruption"

My opinion is that's not a great part of town at all. But the same could be said about other areas as well. My thoughts turn to the area around Abrams and Forest Lane. There are a lot of pocket neighborhoods that could be put in this category.

Hope this helps!

Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
hoss148
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

You're right ,Elisabeth.i grew up in Dallas,and in late 60's /70's Greenville Ave.was great place to go (great food places ,clubs).Used to go to LouAnn's and Soul City a lot.
All the apartments around there are old/older.
Times change
hoss148 is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss148 View Post
You're right ,Elisabeth.i grew up in Dallas,and in late 60's /70's Greenville Ave.was great place to go (great food places ,clubs).Used to go to LouAnn's and Soul City a lot.
All the apartments around there are old/older.
Times change
I'm a native Dallasite and well, I remember some fairly wild times on upper Greenville and then later, lower Greenville which seems to still have some spunk left although it's really waning.

All of Dallas has changed so much.

About twenty years ago, I went back to finish my degree and lived in another town for about five years. When I returned to Dallas, the most shocking area of change was the Oak Lawn area and the few areas, like the ones you mentioned, had just gone in a different direction.

I miss the old Dallas! I love the new one but well ... say no more.

Always,
Elisabeth
Old 06-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #8
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Thanks to all. I remember LuAnn's. Used to go there to dance although in my recollection it was a non liquor place because of so many underaged. Is that right? (Parenthetically, had a dental hygienist named LuAnn, who also knew of the Dallas place. Lived down the street from me and shot herself right in front of her husband because he was abusive)

Oh well, on a happier note: when I was in high school we would come into D to the Ed McLemore Sportatorium to what we called "cat shows", Bo Didly, Little Willie John, etc. It was integrated while the rest of the world was not. We stood in line and looked at them nervously and they looked at us right back just as nervous. No dancing was allowed but guess what? I remember a real cute black girl that was sitting in front of me and we started dancing together. Never knew her name. What days! They were days like all days.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

In retrospect ,I realized that some of the comments I have made above are grossly insensitive and perhaps even false. I am reporting what was a rumor, a rumor told to me by another dental hygienist. In reality, I do not know what the true facts are and should not be repeating a rumor. I apologize to anyone offended by my remarks and will be more careful in the future. It was an impulsive, thoughtless thing to say. I would be grateful if the moderators would delete my whole posting since, for the most part, the whole thing is inconsequential drivel, as are most of my postings anyway.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikiwikit View Post
In retrospect ,I realized that some of the comments I have made above are grossly insensitive and perhaps even false. I am reporting what was a rumor, a rumor told to me by another dental hygienist. In reality, I do not know what the true facts are and should not be repeating a rumor. I apologize to anyone offended by my remarks and will be more careful in the future. It was an impulsive, thoughtless thing to say. I would be grateful if the moderators would delete my whole posting since, for the most part, the whole thing is inconsequential drivel, as are most of my postings anyway.
Perhaps I'm slow on the uptake but you sound like you're being very hard on yourself. I thought that the topic was a good one! (I learned something!)

The other? Well ... I'm just not sure what you're writing about. Impulsive? Thoughtless? What?

If you're interested in the topic being closed, do a RTM and one of the mods in this area will probably close it for you although it's up the mod if it's closed or not.

So far, just speaking about areas of Dallas, is a good topic! Hope it's been somewhat helpful so far!

Elisabeth
Old 06-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
*GoddessDallas*
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 35145

FIVE POINTS...
The area that is known as "5 POINTS" is where the 5 POINTS of 5 streets meet at one intersection.
Fair Oaks, Park Lane, Ridgecrest, Pineland, and Shadybrook.
They ALL converge within half of a block there.
They have been trying to clean that place up for at least 20 years there.
...without much progress.
*GoddessDallas* is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
crashkopf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Danger Danger Danger... Typically about 1 murder per month in that neck of the woods... Mostly 3rd world inhabitants...
crashkopf is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #13
Roguejet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Sorry if this is off-topic, but ya'll are bringing back some good memories; the old Stark Club popped into my head (that place wasn't on Greenville, but it was outta control); I remember a topless club in the parking lot where Whole Foods is now located at Greenville and Lovers; a couple of us guys went there one night and Motley Crue walked in and sat at the table next to us. The club was having a hell-raising contest; the loudest table won a pitcher of Jack and Coke; The Motley Crue guys were cool and asked us to join them and raise hell; after that, there was an endless supply of pitchers of Jack and Coke at the table - damn, what a good time.

But back to the original topic; ya, Five Points is located where GoddessDallas put it; and it's a place you want to stay away from; run down apartments, drugs, lots of illegals and illegal activity. Vickery Park - well, that's been answered. And is the "old Dallas" what we miss; or is it just that time in our life? Just curious.
Roguejet is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women