Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162982
Yssup Rider60631
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48575
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42231
CryptKicker37196
The_Waco_Kid36617
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
Charlie Brown
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72
Default Make it count!

This is something I saw on line and I understand it's been around for a while. It hit a particular spot in my heart - good advice!

Subject: Mother

After 21 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a movie. She said, “I love you, but I know this other woman loves you and would love to spend some time with you.”

The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my MOTHER, who has been a widow for 19 years, but the demands of my work and my three children had made it possible to visit her only occasionally
. That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner and a movie. “What’s wrong, are you well?” she asked.

My mother is the type of woman who suspects that a late night call or a surprise invitation is a sign of bad news. “I thought that it would be pleasant to spend some time with you,” I responded. “Just the two of us.” She thought about it for a moment, and then said, “I would like that very much.”

That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at her house, I noticed that she, too, seemed to be nervous about our date. She waited in the door with her coat on. She had curled her hair and was wearing the dress that she had worn to celebrate her last wedding anniversary. She smiled from a face that was as radiant as an angel’s. “I told my friends that I was going to go out with my son, and they were impressed, “she said, as she got into the car. “They can’t wait to hear about our meeting.”

We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice and cozy. My mother took my arm as if she were the First Lady. After we sat down, I had to read the menu. Her eyes could only read large print. Half way through the entries, I lifted my eyes and saw Mom sitting there staring at me. A nostalgic smile was on her lips. “It was I who used to have to read the menu when you were small,” she said. “Then it’s time that you relax and let me return the favor,” I responded. During the dinner, we had an agreeable conversation – nothing extraordinary but catching up on recent events of each other’s life. We talked so much that we missed the movie. As we arrived at her house later, she said, “I’ll go out with you again, but only if you let me invite you.” I agreed.

“How was your dinner date?” asked my wife when I got home. “Very nice. Much more so than I could have imagined,” I answered.

A few days later, my mother died of a massive heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I didn’t have a chance to do anything for her. Some time later, I received an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same place mother and I had dined. An attached note said: “I paid this bill in advance. I wasn’t sure that I could be there; but nevertheless, I paid for two plates – one for you and the other for your wife. You will never know what that night meant for me. I love you, son.”

At that moment, I understood the importance of saying in time: “I LOVE YOU” and to give our loved ones the time that they deserve. Nothing in life is more important than your family. Give them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be put off till “some other time.”

Charlie Brown is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
ManSlut
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I loved this Charlie Brown!! ...When I lost my Dad a few years ago, God gave me and him the opportunity to say everything we needed to before he passed, the most important being "I love you and always knew you loved me"...We had 6 months to go over a lot of things, but if we had not said the main things there would have been regret and this makes the grieving process that much more difficult and prolonged...Nothing we do in life prepares us for how we should deal with death, but if the people you love, know it, then you've prepared as well as you can.

Thank you for this thread.

The Passionate ManSlut
ManSlut is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

I had to delete my original thought. Good one to thinck about.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
TexasCowboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Charlie Brown,

You posting was priceless....I have lost both of my folks and I still sit down and cry when I think about this and all that they meant to me....My father died homeless for he was just to proud to ask for help, it did not matter what I offered him it was his pride inside. I would see him on the week-ends when stationed in Norfolk, Va, would make the drive to Roanoke, Va, just to be with him...

One day I was crying and a policeman came up to me outside the mall and asked me what was wrong, he said that he would see my Dad sometimes sleeping behind the trash containers and he would look out for him, he also said that he wished that he had his father so that he could talk with him.

Sitting in the Mall in Roanoke with my Dad did not make me feel bad at all, for I felt proud to be with him. There were many time that he was dirty and had not changed his clothes for a while, yet I would take him to the caferteria or get something to eat or just sit down beside him in the mall and listen to him talk. A lot of individuals would just look at me yet would not say anything.

My father passed away outside of a homeless shelter in Roanoke, Va, for he was just to pround to go inside. My Mom passed away almost a year later from Cancer, I still cry when I think of both of them, yet I know that in my heart that they are in a better place and God is taking care of both of them.

TexasCowboy
TexasCowboy is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
Guest062124
Account Disabled

User ID: 34
My ECCIE Reviews

Beautiful story. Thank you for posting it.
Guest062124 is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
LucadeJure
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 46

I gotta admit I'm having trouble seeing through these teary eyes. I just spent the Christmas Holidays with my mom. Just me and mom. Priceless moments.

Thank you so much for posting ... and reminding me how the time does pass too quickly.
LucadeJure is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women