Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60377
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41549
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 01-13-2020, 06:23 AM   #1
Kay of Houston
YOUR BEST KEPT SECRET!

User ID: 5809
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default NEEDING ATTY/LAWYER ADVICE

I am needing advice. It IS NOT Hobby related. Short version; I had received a Settlement awhile back. I ended up in ICU. The hospital gave my purse to someone I have been off and on with for years. He knew I had the money in the bank. Yes he knew my pin # because on occasion he would go to the store for me as I don't have a vehicle. While in the hospital, he was taking out $800 on a daily basis.

Ive filed with the bank but they wont do anything. It equats to over $12,000 dollars. I do have text messages were he says he would get me my money back but this has gone on since late June 2019.

Thanks,
Kay of Houston
Kay of Houston is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:43 AM   #2
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

I think your best bet is to find an attorney that offers free initial consultations and ask him/her if you stand a chance at recovery. I seriously doubt you have much of a chance but I'm not a lawyer.
You gave out the pin which is a PERSONAL identification #. The banks stance, I'm sure, is that you shouldn't have given that out and it's all on you. They're certainly not going to give it back. They didn't do anything wrong.

Going to court might cost more than you've already lost. But again, consult an attorney. Good Luck!
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:05 AM   #3
Kay of Houston
YOUR BEST KEPT SECRET!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you. I'm afraid you may be right. What my stance with the bank was if they looked at the ATM videos, it wasn't me. I have never ever used the ATM machine. Sucks, and not in a good way
Old 01-13-2020, 08:05 AM   #4
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay of Houston View Post
Thank you. I'm afraid you may be right. What my stance with the bank was if they looked at the ATM videos, it wasn't me. I have never ever used the ATM machine. Sucks, and not in a good way

I imagine that their stance is going to be, Did you report the card lost or stolen? Have you filed a police report?

Yeah, it sucks to have anything stolen from you. Lots of shitty people out there. I find myself trusting fewer and fewer people every day and I hate being like that.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:30 AM   #5
Titanium
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

im no lawyer there either, but i think this is a valid argument

if someone skims your card or gets access to your pin and your card, then they are unauthorized to withdraw funds, in the case of card fraud the banks refund it, but in the case where you gave the person your pin, then maybe not
Titanium is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:32 AM   #6
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

This might be a cheaper option than paying a lawyer. (who would probably cost more than the little you will not collect if you win due to current limits)

https://guides.sll.texas.gov/small-claims
O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:44 PM   #7
Fizley
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Need to hire an attorney to go after your ex. Laws are written in the favor of the bank. Once you gave him your pin # he bacame an authorized user.
Fizley is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:24 AM   #8
TryWeakly
Valued Poster

I believe this is true.
TryWeakly is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:08 AM   #9
Guest042522
Account Disabled

User ID: 498265

I sent you a PM, KAY.
Guest042522 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:06 AM   #10
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

You shouldn't waste your money on an attorney. That money is gone. He took it from you for a reason (because he has no money). Don't throw good money after bad money to recoup the money that he probably has already spent all of by now.

Also, change your fucking pin# and never give it out to anyone ever again.

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 05:22 AM   #11
Kay of Houston
YOUR BEST KEPT SECRET!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Here's the kicker or another slap in the face. He was in the VA hospital in serious condition. Once he was released he stayed with me for over a year. I paid all the bills, rent utilities food etc, Helped him get from almost 400lbs to about 196lbs.

Color me stupid.

Yes I have a police report. Bank still wont do anything. I have med record showing I was in the hospital during the time of all of this BS.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:33 AM   #12
Kay of Houston
YOUR BEST KEPT SECRET!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Right. I'm just praying that some point he'll get a conscious If not for me he would of been on the streets.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:11 AM   #13
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Sorry that's happened to you but yeah, the money is gone. He was taking yours because he didn't have any of his own. Dude let you take care of him and apparently didn't offer to pay you back for that but took more than you knew you were giving. Pretty much a scumbag.

Bottom line is you gave up your card and your pin willfully because you trusted the guy. That's not the bank's problem. Unless the guy comes into a windfall he probably doesn't have the capacity to pay you back. Even then he'd have to get a conscience and that seems unlikely based on what he's already done.

Hiring an attorney will likely cost more than you'll recover and it will stretch the whole thing out to where you are wasting not only money but time and emotion over the frustration of a legal system that is built to benefit the attorneys the most. You can still seek a free consultation but beware of any attorney who sells you on this being an easy resolution.

It's an expensive lesson. Hope you can move on from it soon.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:25 AM   #14
Chlorine
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

At taking $800.00 per day everyday (which I assume was the max amount) he had an agenda to drain every dime out as quickly as he could. Do you even know where this person is? The reason I asked it sounds like a Civil matter and if you were to sue him, he would have to be able to be accessible to be served the subpoena.
Chlorine is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:34 AM   #15
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chlorine View Post
At taking $800.00 per day everyday (which I assume was the max amount) he had an agenda to drain every dime out as quickly as he could. Do you even know where this person is? The reason I asked it sounds like a Civil matter and if you were to sue him, he would have to be able to be accessible to be served the subpoena.
It doesn't matter if she takes him to court and gets a judgement against him. He has no money to pay her anything. It's just a waste of her time and money if she goes that route. A lawyer is not going to take her case for a contingecy fee, so she will have to pay him or her their hourly rate which will ultimately end up costing her more than what that bum actually owes her... who cares about winning a judgement against someone who can't pay any of it? That money is gone for good and there is no need to waste money to try to get money that you will never get back.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women