Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163017
Yssup Rider60654
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48588
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42284
CryptKicker37201
The_Waco_Kid36734
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33
Default Scott Walker - off my list as potential GOP Presidential candidate

I didn't know this about Walker, but he did not graduate college. He dropped out in the final semester of his fourth year at Marquette.

Here is an anti-Walker article that is mostly focused on other aspects of Walker's career, but it briefly speculates about why he dropped out. It appears the most likely reason is that he decided to go straight into politics. He ran for state assembly at age 22. He already had a job at IBM while still a student at Marquette.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...acial-politics

In any event, I don't see the country electing someone who did not graduate from college. The last one was Harry Truman.

I think he is a good governor, but in this day and age, you have to have the credentials.

I'm not going to back someone in the primaries who I think will probably be unelectable in the general election.

Don't get me wrong, if he wins the GOP nomination, I will still vote for him over Hillary.

But I think the GOP needs to find another candidate if they want to win in 2016.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #2
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
I didn't know this about Walker, but he did not graduate college. He dropped out in the final semester of his fourth year at Marquette.

Here is an anti-Walker article that is mostly focused on other aspects of Walker's career, but it briefly speculates about why he dropped out. It appears the most likely reason is that he decided to go straight into politics. He ran for state assembly at age 22. He already had a job at IBM while still a student at Marquette.

In any event, I don't see the country electing someone who did not graduate from college. The last one was Harry Truman.

I think he is a good governor, but in this day and age, you have to have the credentials.

I'm not going to back someone in the primaries who I think will probably be unelectable in the general election.

Don't get me wrong, if he wins the GOP nomination, I will still vote for him over Hillary.

But I think the GOP needs to find another candidate if they want to win in 2016.
Gerald Ford played football in college.

Jim Carter was an engineer.

Bill Clinton ate the teacher.

College doesn't make you a good politician or leader.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:47 PM   #3
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 10

I agree with your comments on Scott Walker. Very weird for the guy to drop out of college so close to graduation. Like quitting a marathon after running 24 miles. Why couldn't he have waited a couple more months to enter politics? It doesn't make sense.

Sean Hannity is a college dropout. So is fat filmmaker Michael Moore. While they have very different political views, one thing they share in common is they are both highly insecure. Maybe if they had finished college they would know how to carry on a normal conversation without interrupting and shouting down everyone they disagree with. They both act like fucking know-it-alls. Education teaches you how little you know.

Bill Gates was a Harvard dropout but who cares? Harvard gave him an honorary doctorate 30 years later.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:

Most of the voters didn't graduate from college, so maybe they can relate, and it will be a positive.
Walker is a winner, and upbeat, and he isn't a Bush.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:35 PM   #5
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Just to reiterate:

I'm not saying I don't like Walker or that he isn't smart or wouldn't make a good president.

I'm just saying that I think it reduces his chances of winning. And I want the GOP to win in 2016 - if for no other reason than to pick the Supreme Court justices.

If the Dems put up an Ivy League grad against Walker, they will find subtle and not-so-subtle ways to insinuate that Walker doesn't stack up against their candidate.

I don't want to concede any edge. It will get jerk-offs like Zanzibar another talking point.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #6
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Just to reiterate:

I'm not saying I don't like Walker or that he isn't smart or wouldn't make a good president.

I'm just saying that I think it reduces his chances of winning. And I want the GOP to win in 2016 - if for no other reason than to pick the Supreme Court justices.

If the Dems put up an Ivy League grad against Walker, they will find subtle and not-so-subtle ways to insinuate that Walker doesn't stack up against their candidate.

I don't want to concede any edge. It will get jerk-offs like Zanzibar another talking point.
I can understand why you feel that way. It does seem a bit strange that a presidential candidate wouldn't have a college degree. In these political times, I think most people maybe inclined to overlook that cause he did well as a Governor. I like Walker too. I think he has good character, and that means a lot and hopefully voters will see that.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:23 AM   #7
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

Credentials? We just got done suffering through 8 years with a community organizer. (Ok, technically we aren't done yet, we still have to run out the clock on the last two years of the lamest of all lame duck Presidents)

Yeah, I guess you are right though. A resume that includes simultaneously cutting taxes, while balancing a $2 billion deficit, and adding over 200K jobs totally sucks in comparison to being a community organizer, or being a state senator who's major accomplishment was to vote "present".

I think Walker would make an outstanding president. Sadly, that is the only reason he is completely unelectable. We have a long track record of going out of our way to elect the worst and the dumbest rather than the best and the brightest.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:52 AM   #8
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post

College doesn't make you a good .... leader.
No shit!

Some are smart enough to learn without affirmative action:

And become great leaders.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:08 AM   #9
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

No Shit!

http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...heerleader.htm

And become great "Yell" leaders.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:27 AM   #10
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

So, according to NYRKR, anyone who did not graduate from college is not worth anything. Is that about it?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:38 AM   #11
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
So, according to NYRKR, anyone who did not graduate from college is not worth anything. Is that about it?
Apparently JDIdiit missed the point entirely. Is anyone surprised?

ExNYer clearly pointed out that Scott Walker dropped out of college (and apparently never returned) in the "final semester of his fourth year at Marquette."

You don't find that just a little strange that someone would make it to the final semester of college and drop out, to go straight into politics?
Old 11-07-2014, 05:04 AM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
You don't find that just a little strange that someone would make it to the final semester of college and drop out, to go straight into politics?
No. It's called seeking employment.

Although I realize that might be "strange" to

............ an "entitlement/affirmative action" guy, as yourself.

I believe he dropped out in his Junior Year at Harvard.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:08 AM   #13
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
No Shit!

And become great "Yell" leaders.
Or lying sacks of shit who make fools of themselves, but get your vote!

Have a nice day. Loser.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:35 AM   #14
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I suppose all of the outstanding accomplishments and leadership skills that Scott Walker has demonstrated as a Governor just doesn't count.

Leaders tend to be born. Not made.

For what it is worth, I never went to college, but I have paid for no less than 5 individule college degrees. My late wife, my daughter, my son in law, my sister in law, and my deceased brother's daughter.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #15
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
No. It's called seeking employment.

Although I realize that might be "strange" to

............ an "entitlement/affirmative action" guy, as yourself.
Personally, I do not find it "strange" at all. In fact, I dropped out of college following my 4th semester. But I did return to college 4 1/2 years later. Eat 'em up!

With that said, I would not have considered dropping out of college with only one semester remaining, never to return.

Have a nice day. Idiot.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women