Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60543
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42042
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #76
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

It's true, and off the point, that we reward entertainers, including athletes, at a very high rate. The reason for that is people buy tickets to see them. But to say a person shouldn't use his natural talent to better himself is ridiculous. Some people are good at math, some speak well, some are capable of more complex thought.

But to say this ballplayer was simply "lucky" (or any successful entertainer, scientist, businessman, etc.) is also ridiculous. It ignores the many long hours of very difficult work that anyone has to do in order to be successful, even when they have a natural talent. That guy wouldn't have even been on the field had he not worked his ass off to improve himself.

One of the liberal lies is that people are only successful if they are lucky. Bullshit. In certain circumstances, like being born to Henry Ford, JD Rockefeller, etc. then maybe, yes. But most of the very successful people got there by working hard and taking chances others were unwilling to take.

Now, do we pay our entertainers too much? That's another thread.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #77
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Yeah working hard and excelling has nothing to do with success.
Just take a look at government employees.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #78
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
It's true, and off the point, that we reward entertainers, including athletes, at a very high rate. The reason for that is people buy tickets to see them. But to say a person shouldn't use his natural talent to better himself is ridiculous. Some people are good at math, some speak well, some are capable of orn to Henry Ford, JD Rockefeller, etc. then maybe, yes. But most of the very successful people got there by working hard and taking chances others were unwilling to take.

Now, do we pay our entertainers too much? That's another thread.
our ballplayers would not make nesr yhe money they make if we did not subsidies stadiums. I do agree that it takes many hours of practice to hone ones talent. Malcomb Gladwell wrote a great book on the subjrct of luck and hatd work. You need both
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #79
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I agree. Taxpayers should not have to subsidize stadiums.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #80
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Government should be out of all subsidies not just to stadiums but to the welfare queens too.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #81
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Stealing a keepsake from a child becomes a political pissing contest.

What a world.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:24 AM   #82
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
Government should be out of all subsidies not just to stadiums but to the welfare queens too.
What about your kids' public schooling? And your mother's social security, that she fully relies on?

Not so much?

By the way, does your mother realize you think she's a loser?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #83
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Would not bother me a bit, with the extra money I would get from not paying SS and the taxes I would save of the school taxes, I could easily support my mother in her remaining years. In addition I could find private education that would be much less expensive than what they are charging now because of the ability of having a greater number of students thus reducing the cost per child.

It is not the governments responsibility to take care of my family.
The government is not the solution.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #84
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Stealing a keepsake from a child becomes a political pissing contest.

What a world.
LOL

I have come to believe that everything is political. I can't scratch my left nut without the right nut bitching I'm a liberal!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #85
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Would not bother me a bit, with the extra money I would get from not paying SS and the taxes I would save of the school taxes, I could easily support my mother in her remaining years.
Oh? Including her health insurance and hospital bills?

And without Social Security, could your mother support herself? That's the question.

Quote:
In addition I could find private education that would be much less expensive than what they are charging now because of the ability of having a greater number of students thus reducing the cost per child.
Oops, almost forgot - we need to add back in your private education you'd be paying for. So i'll ask again, could you pay for the private education for your kids, and support your mother, including her health insurance and hospital bills?

Quote:
It is not the governments responsibility to take care of my family.
The government is not the solution.
And let's suppose your parents are divorced, you could financially support both your mother and your father with each living in separate households? And their health care? Or pay for both of them to be in a nursing home if necessary? And what about your aunts and uncles. If nobody was around to support them, could you support them too? And your brothers and sisters who might be on in years?

They are all part of your family, after all.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #86
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

I am no longer for SS in its present form because the Defense Department will just raid its surplus and laeve an IOU and then work up a bunch of Tea sippers into believing that it is SS fault for letting them do so. I am now on the record for private accounts. That is the only way to get the American public to understand how much Defense is costing.If they then want to increase their own taxes to pay for Defense, then that is the right way. Not to continue to rob the SS trust fund and pit the people that can do math vs the people that can only make Tea aganist each other.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #87
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Doofus, how about I ask you about your wealth or lack there of?
The fact of the matter is that I really do not care about your achievements or lack of achievements. What my capabilities are is really none of your business.
The answers are not your concern and not the concern of the government.
I suppose you would never understand the how I could do all of that regardless of my personal wealth. there are things that you will never understand because of your beliefs or lack of beliefs. I personally would hate to have to rely on this government for the well being of myself and my family.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #88
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
I personally would hate to have to rely on this government for the well being of myself and my family.
But you do. Your posts have proven it.

As the old saying goes, "You don't know what you've got....".
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #89
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Pay no attention to Doofe. He loves Obama and wants the government to do everything for him.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #90
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

I understand and have no problem with the government providing help for the helpless like Doofus. I am sure he did not choose to have severe mental deficiency and when you have nobody that cares enough about you to offer assistance then I suppose the government should help one like him.
I have an anecdotal story about a friend and their retarded son and how they are preparing for his care after they are gone. I am sure he will have to rely on some assistance but at least will not be a ward of the State. It is a shame that more people do not take responsibility for themselves and theri family.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women