Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70793
biomed163177
Yssup Rider60838
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48632
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42511
CryptKicker37214
The_Waco_Kid36939
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-31-2021, 11:38 AM   #76
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

As close as I watch, I've never seen this question answered or even asked.

What if, say, someone got Covid last March, and subsequently got fully vaccinated. He had no covid symptoms, didn't know he got it.

Is his meaurable immunity higher, due to the vax, and presumably some antibodies that sprang up in March? Can Doctors even trace something like that?
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 11:58 AM   #77
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
Take it from someone who took biochemistry and got an "A".
LOL. I got an A in biochem 395 and forgot everything soon after.

The only thing I took away from that class is knowing what a triglyceride is, and why hydrogenated oil or trans fat is bad for you. Something one can take about 5 minutes to learn on Google.

Take it from me. I've no idea wtf I'm talking about. But I got an A in a random class at college, possibly with a curve.

The class was only hard because you had to memorize a fuck ton of information in a short amount of time, but that also leads to not really learning anything in the long term. You just memorize for the test and then you forget everything after. That's even true for the final exam. I also didn't end up applying a single thing I studied in that class. It was largely a waste of time. I was just a punk bitch that liked to be told what to do, I guess.
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:11 PM   #78
texassapper
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong View Post
The class was only hard because you had to memorize a fuck ton of information in a short amount of time, but that also leads to not really learning anything in the long term. You just memorize for the test and then you forget everything after. That's even true for the final exam. I also didn't end up applying a single thing I studied in that class. It was largely a waste of time. I was just a punk bitch that liked to be told what to do, I guess.
Pretty much that is the higher education scam in a nutshell. As the saying goes, you're just paying other people to tell you what books to read.
texassapper is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:27 PM   #79
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:

The only thing I took away from that class is knowing what a triglyceride is, and why hydrogenated oil or trans fat is bad for you. Something one can take about 5 minutes to learn on Google.
1.You must have a short memory span.

2. In College there are chemistry classes for science majors and chemistry classes for non-science majors. Maybe you had the one for non-sciences majors. DNA, messenger-RNA, transfer-RNA, antigens, antibodies was covered in my class.

3. Regardless of what you learned or did not learn, it IS worth it to take the one of the TWO Shot vaccines, especially if you are over 50 years old. The survival rate of the vaccine is not going to be any higher that what is was in the clinical trials. For Moderna it was 94%. It does not make any sense for the Trump voters in Republican states to not take the shot.
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:43 PM   #80
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

My BS is in chemistry and physics, and I minored in biochemistry, albeit at a shit hole state university.

The only useful thing I learned from all of that was math, which enabled me to learn programming easier and that helped me to get an actual job.
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:59 PM   #81
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
It doesn't matter whether it "works" or not ....

.... it has not been approved for general population usage. Period.

The current administration is using the young family members of U.S. citizens as experimental subjects, which giving those criminals who sneak into the United States a pass along with the young family members they bring (if they really are a family member!).
These illegal immigrants should be required to take a COVID vaccine.

Quote:
I agree with the first two sentences of your post. Moderna tested with 44,000 people. The survival rate they reported was 94%. There are still over 100 million people in the USA that have not been infected or vaccinated. For herd immunity to kick in it's at least 70% of the population that needs to be infected and or vaccinated.
According to who? You? Strange how the goal posts keep shifting. It's almost been a year and a half of exposure and people talking about "nasal viral load" instead of asymptomatic infections. Most everyone in the country has been exposed to COVID. Herd Immunity has been achieved.

Quote:
Not True. The vaccines prevent you from dying from being infected with CoVid. The vaccines do not prevent you from being infected. They simply teach your immunity system on how to make the antibody for the SARS CoV2 virus if you are infected. That is the message that the Messenger-RNA (mRNA) has if you get the vaccine. Take it from someone who took biochemistry and got an "A". Even republican doctors will tell you if you are over age 50 get the vaccine.
For the most part, those who were going to die, have died. Those who were going to get really sick, have gotten really sick and recovered. Even the govts stats including the new variants have proven this out.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:09 PM   #82
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

https://t.me/BoldSpearElmerFudd/34524
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:29 PM   #83
Echoplex
BANNED

Encounters: 47

I had COVID in November and still got my shots. No regrets. I made the choice to do what I wanted to do with my body. While I would hope everyone else would do the same for herd immunity, I'm not gonna bust someone's balls if they decide not to get the shot. They have their reasons and it's their decision.

I still wear my mask in public for my comfort and also in case I contract it to help stop spreading it to someone else. I see people, vaccinated and unvaxed I am sure, who are not wearing masks, but that is their decision and I respect it.

Do what you want and need to do to get through this pandemic, and I will do the same.
Echoplex is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:12 PM   #84
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
As close as I watch, I've never seen this question answered or even asked.

What if, say, someone got Covid last March, and subsequently got fully vaccinated. He had no covid symptoms, didn't know he got it.

Is his meaurable immunity higher, due to the vax, and presumably some antibodies that sprang up in March? Can Doctors even trace something like that?
That question came up on Sirius/XM Doctor Radio the other day. The answer is "yes" and "yes." The physician said you get an injection after an infection and your antibody levels should go way up. And he described someone, maybe himself (I don't remember) who had before and after antibody tests, and that's exactly what happened.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:13 PM   #85
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoplex View Post
I'm not gonna bust someone's balls if they decide not to get the shot. They have their reasons and it's their decision.
I'll bust balls, but only behind the anonymity of a computer screen.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:20 PM   #86
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

Take it from me. I've no idea wtf I'm talking about. But I got an A in a random class at college, possibly with a curve.

I got the highest grades in my organic chemistry classes and don't remember shit either. I had a talent for it. They were classes for chemists and chemical engineers, and were heavier on syntheses than biochemical crap. It was so cool. We boiled benzene into the air, started a couple of fires, and drank heavily. This is why chemical engineers used to have a life expectancy of about 58 years -- carcinogenic chemicals and alcohol don't mix well.

Then years later I saw the light and became a health freak and COVID evangelizer.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:26 PM   #87
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

I had a chemistry class in college. One day I was supposed to test the flammability of Toluene. I missed the part where you were supposed to have a couple drops in the dish. I had a whole dish full of it. lol Filled the room with black soot. lol good times.
royamcr is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:31 PM   #88
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by royamcr View Post
I had a chemistry class in college. One day I was supposed to test the flammability of Toluene. I missed the part where you were supposed to have a couple drops in the dish. I had a whole dish full of it. lol Filled the room with black soot. lol good times.
The lab instructor had to take a fire extinguisher to one of my lab mates. He spent the last month of class in the hospital. He got an A in the class.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:33 PM   #89
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

I did this under one of the exhaust hoods, but it still ejected black soot everywhere. This was in the days of fire fire fire Beavis and butthead.
royamcr is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:56 PM   #90
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by royamcr View Post
I did this under one of the exhaust hoods, but it still ejected black soot everywhere. This was in the days of fire fire fire Beavis and butthead.
Well, at least toluene doesn't cause cancer, unlike a lot of other benzene ring chemicals. I really don't think blasting the stuff around the lab puts you in same category as Butthead. Beavis maybe, but not Butthead.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women