Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > Coed Discussions - Upstate New York
test
Coed Discussions - Upstate New York Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70756
biomed162920
Yssup Rider60577
gman4453257
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48538
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42116
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 05-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #46
MajorHands
Premium Access

Encounters: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
OK so I was going to drop out and let this whole thing go but now....

So, GP, let me get this straight. She had no other options other than posting "Shall I retire?" or waiting until the client showed up at her door???

Hmm, what about telling the person when they try to book an appointment? I know this was easier (and more dramatic). But, Really, let's be serious. It may not have been as blatant as some but it was an attempt to get business even if it was sympathy business. And that's fine as long as we are honest about it. I know you all want to defend her and that's fine (white knight her all you want) but try and look at this objectively and call a spade a spade.

And... I'll say it again...my "complaint" was not that she was advertising (hell that's what this board is all about), it was that she was worried about working with a broken toe and at the same time planning a trip to Niargra Falls. If you don't see anything unusal about that then there is no point in continuing this discussion.
First, I truly hope that you will consider that disagreement is not inherently disrespect. When you use the term "jumping on" it connotes a response that's a bit stronger and more confrontational than the tone that's been demonstrated in all the posts I've read in this thread. Like you said, we don't all have to agree...

As for your specific point...let's (here I go again) "break" it down. When Chloe broke her toe down in Texas, what should have been a very profitable trip went tits up because almost all of her scheduled appointments cancelled because of the injury. I think it's pretty reasonable to wonder if the same thing might be repeated back home, particularly since some folks she talked to told her to expect to have toe issues for six week or as long as six months. Not a happy prospect for someone whose living is tied to her physicality.

So...she posts this thread. I've stated previously that there were business nuances along with what I think is both due diligence and good customer service. I'm sure she was certainly hoping to get a resounding NO from all or most of us. Could she have done it a different way? Sure, but I don't see how your scenario of informing every potential client individually is preferable to getting the word out in the forum. Always lots of different ways to skin the cat.

Still, there's another aspect that you might not have observed enough to appreciate, although others have attested to it. Chloe is a no-shit fully participating member of this community. From what I've observed, I think she reads just about every thread and contributes on par with the best of us...with responses and thoughts that are often miles away from the business. I can't think of a provider in this area who participates more fully or more diversely. I've learned just enough about her personal life to know that she doesn't have people in it she can talk to about her work and the outlook on life that comes with it. Basically, we here on this board ARE her people. Along with being potential customers, we're her sounding board and her recreation. We're her community and the only real place she can talk "shop".

So, on May 20th she posts this thread. In the time before her NF post, there are 28 posts here, many of whom are from customers or potential customers encouraging her to stick around and that the bum toe is not a show-stopper (mine included).

On May 23rd, when she posted the NF inquiry, I don't think the prospect of or need for retirement was much of a concern or a likelihood, so I don't see any inconsistencies in the two posts, nor do I think it in any way sketchy that Chloe would bounce the NF idea off the folks in the board. She did the same thing before her toe was hurt when she contemplated taking an international tour where none of us would be her target market. No financial gain from the community, but lots of perspective.

If you look at the NF post, you will see some pretty substantive discussion on the merits of working on the Canadian vs NY side of the falls and some of the considerations involved with the prospect. There are no shortage of experts out there and having a web based skull session is pretty damn smart.

So, to wrap up...Chloe had demonstrable evidence from the Texans that her toe could impede her business. She reached out to not only the one source she could discuss her fears with, but the ones who could best allay them...which we did. With her livelihood apparently not in danger; Chloe, who is an established travelling provider and who has sought out the boards advice before on similar matters, reaches out to the board again about a semi-local trip. Could it generate interest and give her an idea if the trip is viable? Sure. To a greater degree I think, she got some good ideas not on whether to go, but on how to go about it....

I have to say..I'm not seeing a lot here to criticize. The one bit of all this where Chloe probably acted in bad form she took responsibility for and had a less than appropriate comment removed from the thread. Hey, we're all human...and Chloe is clearly a good human.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:17 AM   #47
NormalBob
Account Disabled

Encounters: 156

I can't out do what you've said MH.

I'm left wondering why though that people who have never met Chloe would not be interested in the opinions of people who know Chloe well. Yet, their confidence remains that their ability to perceive her intentions is superior.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:05 AM   #48
youngatheart
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

I will take responsiblilty and stand corrected. After doing some additional research I accept the explanations and defenses of Chloe's honor.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #49
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Encounters: 1

The honest discourse and restrained statesmanship shown in this thread make this nervous Mod very proud of our community.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #50
Niktu
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfengshui View Post
The honest discourse and restrained statesmanship shown in this thread make this nervous Mod very proud of our community.

Quote:
I will take responsiblilty and stand corrected. After doing some additional research I accept the explanations and defenses of Chloe's honor.

I'll congratulate Young on being a mature guy and stepping up to the situation. Sometimes a hard thing to do here.
Class move. I'll buy you a drink
Old 05-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #51
cnym
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

young; I am not in Rochester to buy you a drink, but I think Niktu would not mind doing it for me.
Cheers
Old 05-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #52
youngatheart
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

how good of you to volunteer Niktu. thanks,to both of you! Perhaps we can have them at Chloe's? or at the very least with her.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #53
NormalBob
Account Disabled

Thumbs up

Quote:
Perhaps we can have them at Chloe's? or at the very least with her.
Now you're talkin'!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #54
GP
Premium Access

Encounters: 27

I'll buy the first round!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #55
brutusbluto
Ambassador

Encounters: 3

Alright! GP is buying, where are we going! lol
Old 05-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #56
TommyD
Valued Poster

Interesting how the two of us that started on this board on January 3, 2010 are considered the new guys by people that started in late December. I was on "the other" board for around 5 years - at times a paid member, at times not. I choose to come here under a new name and a fresh start - mainly because my old name was too close to my "real" name.

"I'm left wondering why though that people who have never met Chloe would not be interested in the opinions of people who know Chloe well. Yet, their confidence remains that their ability to perceive her intentions is superior."

Well Bob, at least you're pleasant when your intent seems to be to insult. I guess I missed the part where there was a lack of interest in others' opinions, except maybe the lack of interest in dissenting opinions. In any marketing campaign, perceptions are ALWAYS more important that the intended message. I also find that you will generally learn more from people that disagree with you than with people that agree with you.

I have to say, since I last posted I finally realized what it is that is different about this board that concerns me. The hobbyists are so cozy with the providers that a dissenting opinion or even a bad review are almost non-existent except for the very obvious cases (like a provider that is ripping everyone off). I'm not sure I can trust the reviews the way I should be able to and find that less valuable.

One man's honest discourse is another man's beating into submission.

GP, I've read your posts over time. You are the last one I would have expected to call someone else childish. Believe what you will.

I've probably let this get into more of a pissing match than I ever intended, so I'll end it now - I just never learned how to lose a pissing match. This is the last I will ever post on this subject.

Well, either way, I'm glad you all had a happy ending to this (pun intended), enjoy your drinks gentlemen.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:39 AM   #57
NormalBob
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyD View Post
Interesting how the two of us that started on this board on January 3, 2010 are considered the new guys by people that started in late December. I was on "the other" board for around 5 years - at times a paid member, at times not. I choose to come here under a new name and a fresh start - mainly because my old name was too close to my "real" name.
Not sure where anyone said you were new. It seemed to be true that you hadn't met Chloe. You've not stated otherwise. I don't care if you're new or you've been a regular poster for five years. You seem to be looking for some kind of "slight" towards you that I haven't seen.

Quote:
"I'm left wondering why though that people who have never met Chloe would not be interested in the opinions of people who know Chloe well. Yet, their confidence remains that their ability to perceive her intentions is superior."

Well Bob, at least you're pleasant when your intent seems to be to insult. I guess I missed the part where there was a lack of interest in others' opinions, except maybe the lack of interest in dissenting opinions. In any marketing campaign, perceptions are ALWAYS more important that the intended message. I also find that you will generally learn more from people that disagree with you than with people that agree with you.
Again you seem to be looking for some slight towards you. My comment is a statement of common sense logic.

1. Your first comment was unabashedly negative towards Chloe. To the question, "Shall I retire?", you answered simply "yes". You threw the first punch.

2. You've not indicated you've ever met her. You've certainly never reviewed her on eccie.

3. There are multiple guys who know her and support her in a provider status and some who would be supportive of a decision to retire.

4. It is natural to trust the opinion of someone who knows someone else rather than accept an attack on that person from someone who doesn't even know her. That's normal.

5. Despite the normal, natural view that people who know something about a person are more credible than those who don't, you've lashed out in this thread.

6. This sequence defies logic. Why? Why would you want to attack someone you don't know when the effect is most likely to result in the chilling of that one person's contribution to the board? Why? Why do you want Chloe to contribute less? Why? It makes no sense.

Quote:
I have to say, since I last posted I finally realized what it is that is different about this board that concerns me. The hobbyists are so cozy with the providers that a dissenting opinion or even a bad review are almost non-existent except for the very obvious cases (like a provider that is ripping everyone off). I'm not sure I can trust the reviews the way I should be able to and find that less valuable.

One man's honest discourse is another man's beating into submission.
Go see a bad provider and write a review.

I rarely, very rarely see a bad provider (three come to mind) because people write reviews and I read them. Because they know that person and I don't, I tend to respect their opinion more than my own until I meet the woman myself. You can find one of those bad reviews by looking under "Sammy". The other two reviews aren't "negative" as much as they are honest.

Now because youngatheart has changed his mind during this thread, you want to insult him by claiming he was beaten into submission. WTF? He said he did additional research and changed his opinion. Now that he doesn't agree with your POV, boom, under the bus.

Quote:
I've probably let this get into more of a pissing match than I ever intended, so I'll end it now - I just never learned how to lose a pissing match. This is the last I will ever post on this subject.

Well, either way, I'm glad you all had a happy ending to this (pun intended), enjoy your drinks gentlemen.
You got into the pissing match because you wanted to say "Yes" when Chloe asked if she should retire. Apparently you didn't care to say why you thought that but you were drawn out because of a perception that people who knew more about the subject then you disagreed with you.

The board would be better with more provider contribution. This sort of thread that brought out unfounded negative crap makes those contributions less likely. If that's why you got into the pissing match, congratulate yourself because you probably got what you wanted.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:57 AM   #58
brutusbluto
Ambassador

Encounters: 3

I think the general tone on this thread is beginning to go in the wrong direction. This thread is closed.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women