Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162543
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35942
Mojojo33117

Old 08-31-2016, 10:18 AM   #31
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

Wanted to post an update on some information.

Took a civilian to Gander Mountain yesterday for 'ladies night'. They are having these twice a week now, from early afternoon to when they close the range at 7:00 on Tuesday and Thursdays. Had a real good experience.

We went late afternoon, and they had no other folks on the live fire range. Shot for most of an hour, used two Gander supplied targets.

After shooting we went into one of the virtual ranges. She shot the simulators for almost 30 minutes with an instructor. (Our choice to leave then, we were getting thirsty and Gringos is in the same parking lot.) The 'guns' in the simulator we used are CO2 powered replicas of real firearms, down to the weight, magazine change, simulated recoil, have to rack the slide, etc. The instructor was extremely helpful with her and we all had a good time. Volunteered to continue the instruction in the live fire range next time if we needed him.

Cost: $0.00

Only expense incurred was the ammunition we used that was purchased elsewhere.

Right now the deal is the woman can have one extra shooter with her for no fee, so I also shot free.

This is a good clean, friendly and safe facility. Any of you ladies that like to shoot, want to train, or would like an introduction to shooting should take advantage of this while it lasts. You should feel fine going in by yourself. If you bring in a gun, they will need to check it at the cashier at the front, they will mark any ammunition you bring in and strap your gun case closed. In the range, they will unstrap your case, check your ammo to make sure it is proper for your firearm, set targets up and assist you as needed.

The location that has the firing range is the store on I-45 at Cypresswood.

Good luck, and be safe out there.

A side note about Gander Mountain, I like the clean store environment they provide. It is not just a hunting/gun store, they have a lot of other things in the various departments from camping, fishing, grilling, shoes, clothes, etc. Not a fan of their prices, I can usually find same items elsewhere cheaper. For some it might be worth it to stop by Academy/WalMart and pick up a few boxes of ammunition before going. For others paying an extra dollar or so a box is not that big of a deal or worth the hassle. I will probably purchase a couple of boxes next time, to show appreciation for shooting for free.

They will buy your gun if you need to sell, for a lot less than you could get for it elsewhere (better ways to do that), but that is understandable they need to make a profit. Their firearm prices are higher also, I generally get all my firearms online these days for a substantial savings. If you don't know how to do this legally PM me.

O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:37 AM   #32
bigwill832
Just A Regular User!!!!

Encounters: 36

I haven't read through all of the responses. Have you take the LTC/CHL class? How much range time do you have under your belt. Never forget that not matter what the situation is, YOU are responsible for every round that comes out of that barrel and for everything that it touches...whether or not you meant to hit whatever it hits. That's something to think about before lightening up that trigger. Perhaps go get yourself some snapcaps and practice your trigger pull. That way you can strengthen your finger, get a better feel for the weapon, and it will end up being easier for you to pull.
bigwill832 is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:41 AM   #33
Vikki Markov
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 335985
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

My loves at Tac-47 Industries! In Spring, off Louetta. They are retired 5th group enlisted and still fast order federal parts from their KBR battle buddies up in Aberdeen. They will also train you to spot check the internal mechanisms yourself just so they dont have to lecture you later. For small issues they will smith on the spot. I'm only here holidays but they are ever so patient. My brothers love everything I buy for them here. Easy button fathers day gift store too. My men are spoiled rotten by this store. <3
Vikki Markov is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:31 AM   #34
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Mike View Post
Wanted to post an update on some information.
You didn't skip the GAME on Sunday to shoot did you?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:10 AM   #35
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
You didn't skip the GAME on Sunday to shoot did you?
No, I posted that on a Wednesday. We shot on Tuesday...................... Ladies Night.

However, it would not have been the first time I missed a professional sporting event on TV to go shoot/hunt, and will not be the last.

O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #36
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
Excellent advice.

I learned at a very early age that you never point a firearm at anybody unless your intent is to kill them.
And if you do, make sure they are dead. You do not want them taking the firearm from you and killing you.

^ To the OP - outside of the gun smith specific advice this is the best advice given.

I'd also add be mentally prepared to kill ahead of time. Whatever you do don't freeze; a lot of people get weapons, listen to talk radio, watch a few cowboy westerns and think they're ready for prime time.

edit: and make sure you plan for 3-4 assailants (it's how people roll these days); have 2-3 bullets prepared (on target) for each one of them and always be prepared to high tail it out of there as needed.
Sistine Chapel is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:23 AM   #37
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Mike View Post
No, I posted that on a Wednesday. We shot on Tuesday...................... Ladies Night.

However, it would not have been the first time I missed a professional sporting event on TV to go shoot/hunt, and will not be the last.

I was referring to the NonProfessional Game with Notre Dame.
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women