Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163017
Yssup Rider60654
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48588
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42285
CryptKicker37201
The_Waco_Kid36734
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #31
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

You run into those short tempered egomaniacs on a police force all the time, it is why they are cops.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:28 AM   #32
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
First, he told her to put out her cigarette and she refused. This seem to tee the trooper off and then he told her to get out of the car. He took her refusal personally and overreacted. She was right to refuse in her own car. He also told her to put down or turn off her phone. The Supreme Court just decided that a police officer had no authority to issue such an order. He was wrong on two legal counts.
It's not about whether the cop made a mistake. Clearly, he over-reacted. But, the Supreme Court isn't going to be around to tell the cop what to do when he pulls you over for doing 35 on the expressway and you start in giving a lecture on whether he can lawfully force you to turn off your cell phone.

But, I guess you can feel good about getting your ass kicked and then hauled to jail because you were legally correct about telling the cop to fuck off while he tries to do his job.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #33
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
It's not about whether the cop made a mistake. Clearly, he over-reacted. But, the Supreme Court isn't going to be around to tell the cop what to do when he pulls you over for doing 35 on the expressway and you start in giving a lecture on whether he can lawfully force you to turn off your cell phone.

But, I guess you can feel good about getting your ass kicked and then hauled to jail because you were legally correct about telling the cop to fuck off while he tries to do his job.
who said that?

Maybe you missed this from the Supreme Court. They found that a person who was using their cell phone, Kindle, or any other video/audio recording device was protected by the Constitution. A police officer is in violation if they tell you to turn it off, put it away, drop it, or anything else just to prevent you from recording them. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2191800.html
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:43 AM   #34
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
who said that?

Maybe you missed this from the Supreme Court. They found that a person who was using their cell phone, Kindle, or any other video/audio recording device was protected by the Constitution. A police officer is in violation if they tell you to turn it off, put it away, drop it, or anything else just to prevent you from recording them. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2191800.html
One, that struck down a law in Illinois and two that has nothing to do with this case.

She was not arrested for not turning off her phone....Jesus JD.

And you might want to think about this, even in Illinois you can be arrested for something, even if you are using your cell phone to record the officer. The cell phone offers you no protection from being arrested. An officer is not going to go "Oh she has drugs and a cell phone recording us. I guess we can't arrest her for possession !"
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:18 AM   #35
crashkopf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

I saw the Sandra Bland video.

IMHO, she got mouthy with the officer. NEVER in my life have I ever done that. And I have yet to go to jail. Hell, I got out of a ticket by telling the cop the TRUTH, which he laughed at ( because he KNEW I was telling the truth ) and responded " You are the first person to tell me the truth ! " We both laughed ! I have NOTHING to fucking hide from cops.

When an officer approaches my vehicle, my hands are on the steering wheel, fingers wide open, window down. I immediately respond to the officers requests in a cordial manner, even tone, lots of ' Sirs ', giving him warning ahead of time about what I am about to do: " I am going to reach inside my glove box to get my POI, my license is in my pocket and I am going to pull it out, etc. "

The cops see every type of asshole, every day, in almost every encounter with the general public, who generally are a mass of self sanctified idiots with attitude, legal scholars, and experts. Cops don't need that shit. They go from call to call, dealing with morons with knives and guns, child abusers, women beaters, drunks, murder scenes, car crashes. 8 hours of this, 40 hours plus per week, how the fuck would you feel ? They don't give a fuck about your circumstances. They appreciate someone who shows them respect. Act like a dick and they will bust you, then let the system work it out. Once one is in the system, then the real shit occurs. A holding cell with humans who are not much further up the food chain than animals. Processing, stink, horrible food, humiliation, etc. I DO NOT want to go to jail, so I am cordial, respectful, and transparent to the officer. Jail sucks. Jail is filled with shitheads who have zero clue what living a productive life is all about ( a rather broad brush on that one, but none the less mostly drug addled, uneducated, violent idiots are in there ).

People will argue ' it's unconstitutional to ask to get off my cell phone ", etc. to prove a point to the officer. So what ? Obey the law, and the officer. Things go much better. Reserve your legal expertise for the courts. If you get busted then you will appear before a judge. Prove it to him / her. You will find out quick !

I do not have an opinion as of yet with regards to her death in jail. Seemingly, she had everything to live for, and as more information comes out, I will gain a clearer insight into her death. She appeared to be educated, bright, well spoken, but, her attitude triggered the cops response, as running from an animal will trigger that animals response.

So, go on and mouth off to cops. See where it gets you. For me, I empathize with them, and I completely understand the majority of humans are fucked up people. Go anywhere and my point will be proven. People are the fucking problem. That's why we need cops.

Witness this board : watch all the bitching, whining, insulting, holier than thou attitude, and weakest attempts at being smart. Both from the providers and the hobbyists. No different from the rest of society. Idiots are quick with inflammatory statements triggering responses of equal or greater vitriol. Humans, for the most part, can not stand to be wrong or corrected. Their ego's won't allow it.
crashkopf is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:53 PM   #36
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
who said that?

I hope you don't go around telling people they can chat on their cell phone while a police officer has them stopped on a traffic stop and is still in the midst of the contact and not written a citation. During the stop the officer can be justified in removing the phone from your possession throughout the contact on "officer safety grounds alone" .... If you really want to "go there" we can ... start with Terry vs. Ohio ... and move forward into the technology age ... If one is a suspect and being detained for investigation purposes to determine that persons role, if any, in some criminal activity ... that person should plan on being required to stand there or sit there while they are patted down and any potentially dangerous items are removed from their reach .... which IS THE PURPOSE for the person driving to be brought from the vehicle back to the officer's vehicle....to separate the person from any items in the vehicle that might be dangerous to the officer.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:06 PM   #37
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

she died.
Guilty of DWB.
Failure to show respect to "The Man"
Did not have anybody that could come up with 500bucks to bail her out (seems strange that nobody would bail her out)
She was from Chicago
After three days in that jail I surmise she came to the realization that she had no friends and her family did not give a shit until they had a chance to try and make bank on her suicide.
Could not stand to eat another bologna sammich

The reality is depression is a terrible thing and recognizing and getting proper treatment is often not done. Very few people can understand, unless they have experienced it, how devastating and crippling depression can be especially once the thoughts of being better off dead than alive start dominating your mind. Too many people do not understand that depression is real and not just a passing thing that you should just get over.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:12 PM   #38
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
she died.
Guilty of DWB.
Failure to show respect to "The Man"
Did not have anybody that could come up with 500bucks to bail her out (seems strange that nobody would bail her out)
She was from Chicago
After three days in that jail I surmise she came to the realization that she had no friends and her family did not give a shit until they had a chance to try and make bank on her suicide.
Could not stand to eat another bologna sammich

The reality is depression is a terrible thing and recognizing and getting proper treatment is often not done. Very few people can understand, unless they have experienced it, how devastating and crippling depression can be especially once the thoughts of being better off dead than alive start dominating your mind. Too many people do not understand that depression is real and not just a passing thing that you should just get over.

Good point 2Dog. People seem to be confusing her arrest with her death. Like most things...it is not one singular event but a series of tragic events strung together.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:08 PM   #39
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

There is an invasive problem with our society, regardless of race, not conducting themselves in a polite and dignified manner. I dislike law enforcement with an attitude just like most people but, I still show them respect and reply with yes sir, no sir, yes mam, and no mam. The tragic results of a string of events could have been stopped within the first 10 seconds of the encounter had simple polite and courteous discourse been the norm rather than attitude on both parties.

There should never be shame in depression. To deny that you have a family member that suffers from depression only makes it worse.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #40
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You really don't think the cop overreacted! That he was justified? No wonder we're becoming a police state.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #41
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
You really don't think the cop overreacted! That he was justified? No wonder we're becoming a police state.
I think we're all in agreement that the cop over-reacted. The lack of scrutiny of the over-reaction on Ms. Bland's part is what the rest of us are talking about.

She could have defused the entire situation by being courteous to the officer and complying with his requests. Instead, she gave attitude and that started a train rolling down the tracks. As I stated earlier, once a cop tells you to do some thing and you don't comply, the cop isn't just going to walk away. That is not the way it works.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:42 PM   #42
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Stopping someone for a lane change without a blinker on was a bogus reason, he just wanted to fuck with someone with a out of state license plate.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:15 PM   #43
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I hope you don't go around telling people they can chat on their cell phone while a police officer has them stopped on a traffic stop and is still in the midst of the contact and not written a citation. During the stop the officer can be justified in removing the phone from your possession throughout the contact on "officer safety grounds alone" .... If you really want to "go there" we can ... start with Terry vs. Ohio ... and move forward into the technology age ... If one is a suspect and being detained for investigation purposes to determine that persons role, if any, in some criminal activity ... that person should plan on being required to stand there or sit there while they are patted down and any potentially dangerous items are removed from their reach .... which IS THE PURPOSE for the person driving to be brought from the vehicle back to the officer's vehicle....to separate the person from any items in the vehicle that might be dangerous to the officer.
That is NOT what I said and that was not the decision by the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court heard a case of an Illinois law that was designed to protect police officers by making illegal to record the officer in the performance of his or her job. The Supreme Court said you cannot limit someone's first amendment protections with such a law. This does not mean that you can have a "conversation" while being questioned, detained, or arrested. I recommend your own personal body cam. Just like concealed carry. Most likely you'll never need it but it comes in very handy when you do.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:07 PM   #44
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Well, the autopsy report probably prompted all of the plaintiff lawyers looking for a big payday to suddenly leave the premises.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/23/us/san...st-death-main/

I'm not sure how the Pot being found in her system will play into the overall theme of things, since it had been three days since sge was arrested, there is a good chance she was high on her way to that interview. Maybe one reason she was so apprehensive, (the Trooper asked her several times if something was wrong), was because sooner or later she knew the cop would notice she was high.

This is a tragedy that could have been avoided by the deceased simply doing what the Cop asked, and not getting all testy.

But then, if she was high, who knows. The cop was at the very least unprofessional, and she made some very bad decisions.

The suicide is probably the result of an already disturbed individule seeing her future in total jepordy by missing a very important job interview because she ended up in jail. If she was close to the edge, that might be all it took to drive her over.

We give Policman the power of arrest. That means no matter what you are doing, how much affect it will have on your life, or any other consequences that might result, you go with them. Period. Your freedom is surrendered.

Is this something that needs to be reviewed? Having a woman detained, encarcerated, and denied her freedom, causing severe consequences involving the rest of her life, because of a chain of events that started with the failure to press a turn signal lever seems totally out of kilter.

Can we do better?
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:17 PM   #45
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post

Is this something that needs to be reviewed. Having a woman detained, encarcerated, and denied her freedom, causing severe consequences involving the rest of her life, because of a chain of events that started with the failure to press a turn signal lever seems totally out of kilter.

Can we do better?
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women