Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > The Sandbox - Upstate New York
test
The Sandbox - Upstate New York The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70771
biomed163089
Yssup Rider60743
gman4453284
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48613
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42424
CryptKicker37208
The_Waco_Kid36850
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-09-2012, 04:58 AM   #16
Guest120615-3
Account Disabled

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by drluv1 View Post
And your point is? Black people have extra bones in their ears, there are people born with 6 fingers, aren't those mutations at some point in man's evolution? Mutations don't necessarily happen suddenly from one generation to the next, those mutated genes may take many generations to show themselves. You still didn't show a theory that explains things better than evolution.
Not necessarily mutations, can be "normal variants" that exist within the population.

IMHO a better theory on evolution is that of "punctuated equilibrium."
Guest120615-3 is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
SweetElizabeth
Experienced safe

User ID: 13385
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostforkate View Post
name an observed genetic mutation that added DNA, that actually improved the next generation. A perceived mutation may occur randomly to help a species survive better, that is adaption, not evolution, and results in less genetic material and/or possible variations. Like the giraffe getting taller to eat leaves, that is adaption, not a mutation, and some scientist will call that evolution. Evolution that makes a sponge and fish, a fish into a mammal, would require mutations, and addition of genetic material.

Where is the creature with a retina, waiting for lens to evolve? The logic of evolution is voodoo science. Evolution is all guess work, and occupies a huge percentage high school text books because it is guess work. Needs more emphasis on the physical sciences, and technology.

My take is that if humans and animals were "evolving" that we would see the evolution more. In other words, we would be studying tons of animal and humans that had similar "evolved" characteristics from any certain community. Otherwise, I assume we would all evolve at the snap of a finger.

The strongest rebuttal I have heard to this is that evolution is so slow that people can't document it.

I can add that when my children came home from school and told me with fear filled eyes that they used to be monkeys, and upon further exploration, I found that no other "theories" were offered, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, the term THEORY was not stressed, the school had their hands full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drluv1 View Post
It also came out that Todd akin, they guy from missouri who said raped women can make themselves unpregnant is also on the science committee.
SweetElizabeth is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #18
GP
Premium Access

I wonder if this thread would even exist if it was a democrat who was at the topic. I doubt it.
GP is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #19
cowboy8055
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetElizabeth View Post

My take is that if humans and animals were "evolving" that we would see the evolution more. In other words, we would be studying tons of animal and humans that had similar "evolved" characteristics from any certain community. Otherwise, I assume we would all evolve at the snap of a finger.

The strongest rebuttal I have heard to this is that evolution is so slow that people can't document it.
Actually if evolution occurs very slowly and takes a long time then there should be lots of evidence to document from the fossil record. We have fossil remains pre-dating human existence but no "missing links" connecting us to apes. If evolution did occur there should be no shortage of "missing links" in the fossil record to support it.
cowboy8055 is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #20
GP
Premium Access

We should just ask Tebow.
GP is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #21
cowboy8055
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetElizabeth View Post

I can add that when my children came home from school and told me with fear filled eyes that they used to be monkeys, and upon further exploration, I found that no other "theories" were offered, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, the term THEORY was not stressed, the school had their hands full.
Much of the science community does treat evolution as fact. It will always be theoretical since it couldn't be directly observed by scientists. I actually don't have a problem with evolution being taught in school. But other ideas like creationism and intelligent design should be taught as well.
cowboy8055 is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #22
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I don't need evolution to convince me that God is nothing more than a Santa Claus for adults.

And let's face it, that's what the whole debate is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I wonder if this thread would even exist if it was a democrat who was at the topic. I doubt it.
I think the same thing about your post.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #23
GP
Premium Access

come doove, think about it. If this thread didn't exist, then neither would my post. Just ask almighty Tebow!
GP is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #24
Tiger
title: for rent

Encounters: 3

Doove- Do you really think GP is Santa Claus?
Tiger is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #25
GP
Premium Access

LOL, I am!
GP is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #26
jackfengshui
Backbencher

Encounters: 1

IMHO, the scientific evidence for evolution is overwhelming. However, this thread was not intended to trigger a (futile) discussion of this topic on which some people have taken unmovable positions. I merely wanted to express my concern about the possible negative effect of having our nation's science policy determined by people with questionable aptitude on the matter.
jackfengshui is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #27
Tiger
title: for rent

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfengshui View Post
IMHO, the scientific evidence for evolution is overwhelming. However, this thread was not intended to trigger a (futile) discussion of this topic on which some people have taken unmovable positions. I merely wanted to express my concern about the possible negative effect of having our nation's science policy determined by people with questionable aptitude on the matter.

Unfortunately, intelligence is not a prerequisite to run for office.
Tiger is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #28
drluv1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy8055 View Post
Much of the science community does treat evolution as fact. It will always be theoretical since it couldn't be directly observed by scientists. I actually don't have a problem with evolution being taught in school. But other ideas like creationism and intelligent design should be taught as well.
Really? I think the scientific community knows that evolution is a theory. As I recall, it was stressed that it was a theory when it was taught to me in high school. It was also stressed that it was a model for learning scientific observation. There is much more evidence for evolution than creationism( a belief with no evidence) or intelligent design( a theory cooked up by religious zealots with no evidence). There's probably more evidence that we were brought here by aliens than creationism or intelligent design.
drluv1 is online now   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #29
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Ill take my chances with tebow
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #30
DDarkness
THE REALLY BAD MOD!

Encounters: 43
Default Dear Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL, I am!
DAMN IT SANTA! All I wanted for my 9th Christmas was a 10 speed ... and you didn't get it for me! You gave me freaking SOCK!!!!

And then for my 21st all I wanted was a large breasted provider sitting under the mistletoe and what I got were more freaking socks.

I still have the freaking socks ... THANKS Man!

DD
DDarkness is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women