Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70775
biomed163105
Yssup Rider60754
gman4453284
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48615
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42431
CryptKicker37208
The_Waco_Kid36888
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
Smoke2nd
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin View Post
My point is that getting bent out of shape about the Right v. Left, Conservative v. Progressive paradigm is what has this country so fucked in the first place. They're blinding us and distracting us by throwing out these easy to argue, battlelines-are-clear-as-day arguments. Gay Marriage. Public Health Care. Guantanamo. You're either with us or you're with them. They have us at each other's throats while they're picking our pockets.

The paradigm we need to be worried about and tackling is The People v. The State. We're so busy arguing the nuances, we're missing the implications. Gay Marriage for example. Whether you're for it or against it, you're missing the broader point -- we've granted the state the ability to sanction our marriages. Why? What for? What benefit is there? (Aside from a tax-break IF you file jointly, that is...) When did our relationships become a function of government?

Public Healthcare. Why? Are we sure we want to surrender the management of our healthcare to unskilled bureaucrats? Really? Government waste and incompetence are so widely recognized that they're taken for granted, but we're insisting that they take care of us as we get older? Does that bother you at all? The Republicans would have you believe that repealing Obamacare is the answer, reforming the current Medicare/Medicaid system is the way. Its more of the same. They have us arguing between suicide and death by cancer. Either way, they're killing us, but we get to be pissed off at each other while they do it? It's fucking stupid.

You can go down the line, but the story is the same. The Right and The Left have us so eager to fight each other that we're missing the fact that they're raping us.

We have a winner!

There is no real choice.
The banking cartels own both major parties.
The problem with our government is the Democrats and the Republicans.

The population has been sold the lie that democracy means freedom to create a manipulated perception of ‘freedom’ behind which a tyranny can operate unseen and so unchallenged.
Smoke2nd is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #17
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
When did our relationships become a function of government?
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

When our "relationships" established our government.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #18
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

When our "relationships" established our government.
Wow, that's the kind of rhetorical bullshit I'd expect from a lib. You're better than that, LL.
enderwiggin is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #19
oilfieldscum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Fuck em both. They are in it for themselves and not the rest of us.
oilfieldscum is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #20
TransAm
Account Disabled

Encounters: 31

Ender, I agree completely with your broader point, and I'm glad you responded. I don't disagree with much of what you said there. Except MAYBE public healthcare. Because I don't share your fear about unskilled bureaucrats making healthcare decisions. If anything, I'd probably trust them more than the bean counters and lawyers (and yes, I AM a lawyer, but still) that make the coverage decisions now.

But that ONE issue aside, we're on the same page.
TransAm is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #21
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Wow, that's the kind of rhetorical bullshit I'd expect from a lib. You're better than that, LL.
Actually it is neither rhetorical or liberal .... it was necessary because it was brought about by the imposition of some individual's opinions on others in a disrespectful and aggressive manner that generally disregarded individuals' in our society.

It is as simple as government installing a red light to control "relationships" at the intersection and as complex as the civil rights legislation. When individuals like yourself summarily disrespect other's opinions and attempt to marginalize them by doing so, the collective body of the government "we" created and "we" nurture imposes a course correction on the person, like yourself, who takes it upon themselves to dictate to others what, when, how, and where they should speak.

If each member of the whole would respect each of the others there would be less government intervention, because there would be less need, and if each member of the whole would expend greater effort in minimizing their "need" to rely on the whole, then the "whole" would have less responsibility to take care of the needy.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #22
enderwiggin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Actually it is neither rhetorical or liberal .... it was necessary because it was brought about by the imposition of some individual's opinions on others in a disrespectful and aggressive manner that generally disregarded individuals' in our society.

It is as simple as government installing a red light to control "relationships" at the intersection and as complex as the civil rights legislation. When individuals like yourself summarily disrespect other's opinions and attempt to marginalize them by doing so, the collective body of the government "we" created and "we" nurture imposes a course correction on the person, like yourself, who takes it upon themselves to dictate to others what, when, how, and where they should speak.

If each member of the whole would respect each of the others there would be less government intervention, because there would be less need, and if each member of the whole would expend greater effort in minimizing their "need" to rely on the whole, then the "whole" would have less responsibility to take care of the needy.
Huh? Where am I trying to dictate others' speech? Last words yours, hero. I'm done with you.
enderwiggin is offline   Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #23
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm done with you.
That's a good thing.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women