Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-03-2011, 08:15 AM   #31
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
It's pretty obvious from watching the game that the Fwoggies as currently configured will have a hard time with large, fast bodies over a 12 week season and like it or not, that's gonna be a real, big, problem.

it's pretty obvious you don't know football. they won, against the best the Big Ten had, stopping the Badgers from running the ball with their "small school" defense against those Big Ten road graders. any other brilliant Mr. Spock-like logic you want to hit us up with?

I'd also say that Patterson out coached and out adjusted the Wisconsin staff during this partucular game.

Indeed, yet another counter-intuitive comment. so your point is that TCU has better coaches that the "big boys" do, who are supposed to attract the best? keep those bullets coming dude!

As far as the Sooners' record in BCS games goes, three of those losses were in the Championship Game and all of your teams were sitting on their asses WATCHING...LOL! Hmmm, they didn't even get there..hee hee hee. I hope they enjoyed their nachos and popcorn.

and you were cryin' in your beer because you lost!
there's only one way to spell loser in the BCS title game - ZerOU!
look dude, time to state the obvious here, while everyone is a passionate fan of their various programs and that's why college football is great, and talkin' a little smack is part of the deal as fans, to continually say no other program can ever achieve true success is just bigoted and stupid. ZerOU is just one of 120 major programs at the top level of college football and to deride any other program's legit success is just what we'd expect from .. a ZerOU fan! so keep those silly commments coming because we all need a good laugh!

by the way, how appropriate you titled this post as "Reality arrives for TCU" and the reality is TCU is now an elite national program!
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #32
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
look dude, time to state the obvious here, while everyone is a passionate fan of their various programs and that's why college football is great, and talkin' a little smack is part of the deal as fans, to continually say no other program can ever achieve true success is just bigoted and stupid. ZerOU is just one of 120 major programs at the top level of college football and to deride any other program's legit success is just what we'd expect from .. a ZerOU fan! so keep those silly commments coming because we all need a good laugh!

by the way, how appropriate you titled this post as "Reality arrives for TCU" and the reality is TCU is now an elite national program!
Hee, hee - WC, one man's obvious is another's joke...kinda like a lot of the UT and OAMC crowds hoping for OU to go 0-12, so I'll have to take a pass on your counseling. I have always found it more fulfilling for our opponents, especially in conference, to go 11-1 with the "1" in the loss column coming at the hands of the Sooners. Keeps the blood pressure at optimum levels while making the wins mean more. Many who favor some shade of orange aren't especially up for the subtleties of consistently beating teams with good records, but - oh, well - maybe the Husker-types have it right after all.

Let me try this again regarding TCU being an "elite" program - we will see how the program fares when they have to play a conference schedule made up of teams with bigger, stronger and faster players than they have been used to facing on a regular basis since they were in the Texas League AND stud up to schedule at least one non-conference opponent of the Oregon, USC, Notre Dame, Alabama, etc. etc. caliber. As it stands now, the Mighty Fwogs COULD be on their way, but one game doesn't mean as much as their fan base would like it to until they can prove they can make it stick regularly against better opponents. An "elite" program plays in a BCS Conference and schedules at least one tough non-conference opponent and proceeds to average at least .750-.825 winning percentage for a number of years - well, unless you're Notre Dame, but that's another story. TCU didn't do that when they were in the SWC (since the '30's) and who knows if they can do it as a member of the Big East. As it now stands, they are more like Northwestern than they are Alabama, Texas, USC, OU, Ohio State and others who are almost always in the conversation to become National Champions - a nice story for a couple of years with the resulting program potentially regularly better than it used to be, occasionally a threat to established powers, but not consistently top tier. Sorry folks, I gotta see something other than one or two seasons in a conference of questionable strength and one game against the Big 10. You can call it what you like but it still doesn't change the fact that a couple of hot years in a conference that cannot test TCU week in/week out hardly qualifies for "elite" anything. They merely just have not survived the gauntlet of playing a season against teams with a higher quality of athlete, sorry.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #33
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

TCU has been building towards this win for some years, this is not a one-shot deal for da Froggies. i expect TCU to do very well in the Big East, not exactly a hotbed of major league programs. Pitt hired and lost its new/ex felonious coach, UConn lost Edsall to Maryland, my alma mater the Ville might be heading north again under Charlie Strong, one improved season for Syracuse doesn't prove shit and Cincy is a wreak after Irish Kelly bolted to South Beach .. er Bend haha. So the Big East isn't really an elite test for TCU at this time. i expect TCU to be very competitive when they join the Big East in 2012.

as i've said before i think the Big 12 should have immediately invited TCU into the conference after Colorado and the Children of the Corn left. who else could they have invited to return to a 12 team league and retain a conference title game? not sure, Utah would have been a decent target but they really do fit better in the PAC 10/12 based on geography. can't really think of anyone other than Arkysaw but they are smartly going to stay in the SEC with Boss Hogg.

yet whilst i sit here downing another Dewars & coke and chatting up the hobby with JPdM (he's making a major raid on my Tanqueray) only Boise State really comes to mind. but the Smurfies made their own move which looks less appealing without TCU now so really i can't come up with anything worthwhile .. (except to see Samantha Thom ASAP lol)

the point being that while the Big 12 would have been a stronger test for TCU than i think the Big East would be, TCU now is in an automatic qualifier BCS conference which puts them in a position to consistently go to a BCS bowl game. Until there is a true 16 team playoff (yes, all 11 + 5 at-large, it's the only way to be sure!) let's bend an elbow with your favorite beverage in hand and salute TCU's undefeated season and bowl win over them Badgers of Wisconsin!

and don't forget there is a great game tonight, starting in a matter of minutes, Stanford v Va Tech with several more to go culminating on the 10th with the Duckies v fig Newton!

and lest i pass up an opportunity to poke ZerOU in the eye with a sharp stick, name the only Big 12 team in Patty's era to defeat TCU? so much for your can't consistently beat the big boys eh?

don't worry Randy i won't go so far as to remind you who owns whom in the RRR. st(oops), guess i already did!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #34
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Its about money. TCU cannot bring or generate money. Why else would they have started remodeling their stadium by reducing the number of seats? If TCU could bring the money they would have been gobbled up by any number of conferences.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:47 AM   #35
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

FWCA's entry into the Big XII was always doomed since it would become another backwards step towards recreating that paragon of inbreeding - the Texas League - geographically and culturally convenient, but isolated with its own in-state bowl game. If it's the plan to keep 12 teams, look for BYU to come in after it sits out the required one year and either Utah, SmurfU to take a strong look. Hell, it may even be a good move (not) to bring in someone Baylor can compete with such as one of the New Mexico teams or Tulsa. But, in the end, pyramider is correct, it's all about TV sets and gate receipts.

One last thought on what it takes to be an "elite" program: Every member of every team that lines up against an "elite" program would sell their mother in order to beat you.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #36
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
- the Texas League -
I like that! sounds Regal, Imperious, Majestic, Grand! can we copyright that?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #37
hrlee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72

Randy...TCU kicked Big Game Bob's ass last time we played you in Norman. Nice to see Big Game Bob FINALLY win a BCS game...against big bad UCONN.
You think OU wants a piece of TCU again? no way.
hrlee is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #38
Wordsmith
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
Its about money. TCU cannot bring or generate money. Why else would they have started remodeling their stadium by reducing the number of seats? If TCU could bring the money they would have been gobbled up by any number of conferences.
What are you talking about? Amon Carter Stadium will go from 44,000 to 42,000 that's not much of a drop. For the 2011 season, the capacity will be around 30,000 because the upper deck won't be complete. Please do your research before spouting off. TCU is going to the Big East, in case you didn't hear, that is a BCS Conference. What more do you want?
Wordsmith is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #39
Wordsmith
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrlee View Post
Randy...TCU kicked Big Game Bob's ass last time we played you in Norman. Nice to see Big Game Bob FINALLY win a BCS game...against big bad UCONN.
You think OU wants a piece of TCU again? no way.
TCU lost at OU the last time the Frogs played there. But TCU is the last team to beat Oklahoma at home and have won 2 of the last 3 at Oklahoma.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #40
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Nice try, WC...but the Texas League was a well known "minor" league and, thanks Wordsmith, <<<-what he said. Btw, last time I was at Amon Carter was when OU played there and Pat Sullivan was the TCU coach and the homies were into using these "clickettes" that, I suppose, were supposed to sound like crickets (horny-toad food?!?).
Old 01-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #41
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsmith View Post
What are you talking about? Amon Carter Stadium will go from 44,000 to 42,000 that's not much of a drop. For the 2011 season, the capacity will be around 30,000 because the upper deck won't be complete. Please do your research before spouting off. TCU is going to the Big East, in case you didn't hear, that is a BCS Conference. What more do you want?

The media reported a bigger reduction in seating but it won't matter. TCU will still have a hard time filling that popcorn stand. The Big East is a BCS conference, alas its probably just a set up from the WAC and Mountain West. You ever wonder why TCU could not hook up with a conference that has a football tradition? TCU cannot fill the seats. Please let us know when you grow tired of whining about the injustice of TCU lack of national love.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #42
Wordsmith
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
The media reported a bigger reduction in seating but it won't matter. TCU will still have a hard time filling that popcorn stand. The Big East is a BCS conference, alas its probably just a set up from the WAC and Mountain West. You ever wonder why TCU could not hook up with a conference that has a football tradition? TCU cannot fill the seats. Please let us know when you grow tired of whining about the injustice of TCU lack of national love.
If you only knew what you were talking about. The Big 12 has no need for TCU. The Big 12 already has the DFW area so they don't need TCU. But for the Big East it is new territory.

I really don't know why there is all this hatred of TCU. Must be jealousy from Baylor and Texas Tech and others because the Frogs have been to back-to-back BCS games. Maybe that's why Texas Tech dropped TCU from its schedule next season.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #43
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

it's great to talk a little smack now and then as fans of our various teams it's part of college football. but there's a reason they have a scoreboard it's to know who was the best on a given day. And on New Year's day in da Granddaddy of them all TCU was the best!

TCU 21 Wisconsin 19

How sweet it is! J. Gleason.

Luke Skywalker "I'll give it a try"

Yoda "No! Do, or do not! There is no try!"
Old 01-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #44
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

I salute TCU and Patterson and his wife who still works when her hubby makes $2mill, my ex wanted me to carry life insurance for her benefit
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:15 AM   #45
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
I salute TCU and Patterson and his wife who still works when her hubby makes $2mill, my ex wanted me to carry life insurance for her benefit
As one divorced guy to another.....is your ex willing to let you set the benefit amount to what she is worth to you? Bwaahahahahahahaha!!!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women