Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70716
biomed162672
Yssup Rider60413
gman4453229
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48458
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41684
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36061
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Big 12

Saddens me that the possibility that the Big 12 may go on the wayside all because of money. Traditions and old rivalries don't mean anything anymore when the chase for the almightily dollar trumps all.

If this happens, I think I’ll lose interest in the college sports scene.

Poor KU and K-State will be left hanging out all by themselves if I read the projections correctly.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
roboy25
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Joe, you are so right, while the Big 12 has had a good run, it is ALL about the $$$$....the Dallas metro plex has more than twice the population of Kansas, so you know rest of the story...it blew me away to learn that the conference did not share revenue equally...I kind of thought that was the point...but...whatever...I am kind of with you on the following what happens, if it does happen..it really saddens me to think about it..
roboy25 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
1963Cobra
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

20 million, thats the amount i heard each Big 10 school gets from the Big 10 network. While i agree i will miss the old rivalries, just think of what MU can do with those funds each year! also the Big 10 has a better academic record than the Big 12 and more sports opportunities (lacross anyone). As a big Mizzouu fan I say lets go and leave those texas boys to fend for themselves. As far a Kansas all they have is basketball and i am sure that won't hurt that program. But hey isn't it all about the money anyway???
1963Cobra is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
Omahan
Secretary of State

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963Cobra View Post
As far a Kansas all they have is basketball
Really? I don't know how current this is but I found this regarding KU vs MU in football. The all-time series is Missouri leading at 55–54–9.
Omahan is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
Anon3x
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Scoreboard....
Anon3x is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #6
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

As a die-hard Nebraska fan, I was sad at the transformation of the Big 8 into the Texas-and-everyone-else conference. It would be very proactive of Nebraska and Missouri to pursue admission to the Big 10/11 primarily from a financial standpoint. I believe that if Nebraska and Missouri decide to decline the Big 10 overtures, that eventually the Texas schools and Oklahoma will leave the Big XII (whether it be Pac10 or SEC), which would leave the conference without two of its five main attractions for national TV exposure in football and basketball - and may leave the remaining Big XII schools scrambling for inclusion in the BCS and for network television packages.
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #7
jayhawkrobbie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963Cobra View Post
As far a Kansas all they have is basketball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahan View Post
Really? I don't know how current this is but I found this regarding KU vs MU in football. The all-time series is Missouri leading at 55–54–9.
Zing!!!
jayhawkrobbie is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
jayhawkrobbie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon3x View Post
Scoreboard....
Lol at someone who registered just to post this.

Notre Dame may hold the key, rumor has it that if they accept the invitation to join the Big 10, there's a promise that expansion of the Big 10 would be limited to ND alone. I know it's a long shot, but it would be TFF if after all the drama of MU going to the Big 10, they ultimately ended up getting froze out.
jayhawkrobbie is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
1963Cobra
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

From what I have read ND isn't joining due to there own TV contracts and the amount of money they get all on their own. With all the state funding cuts these schools have to raise funds where they can. I would hate to see the Big 12 fall apart (even though I am not a Kansas Fan) I have been around long enough to know it as the BIG 8. That said the Big 12 has turned to a Texas based conference and the north is being treated as second class schools. Maybe he north should move and leave texas to see what happens.
1963Cobra is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #10
Judge Smails
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

News today seems to be Nebr only to the big 10 and the big 12 south bolts to the Pac 10. Not sure what happened to Mizzou's invite.

As a longtime Husker fan, I sorta hate to see the bugeaters be the one to break it up. But, if we be the one to break it up, then I am on record as saying Horn greed and arrogance brought us to this point. I was pissed ever since the Huskers/ Sooners were not allowed to continue to play every year. Now we play freaking Baylor as often.

So, I suspect we will take some big heat, but in the end, gotta look out for yourself. Its not like Horn is gonna look out for our interests.
Judge Smails is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #11
Omahan
Secretary of State

A friend of mine from KU told me about this a couple weeks ago and I was against bailing out of the Big 12. But the more I thought about it I decided that it's UT's fault like the Judge said. Then I thought "yeah, but what about our old friends from the Big 8?" But WTF - no one supported Nebraska to keep the Big 12 offices in the north and no one supported Nebraska in keeping the Big 12 Championship in the north. I've decided that Nebraska isn't bailing on the Big 12. The Big 12 bailed on Nebraska starting with Oklahoma throwing away the Thanksgiving Day rivalry.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #12
Judge Smails
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

So where the heck does KU, KState and maybe Mizzou go? Conference USA? Whatever Boise and TCU's conference is ( forget the name) especially if the demise of the Big 12 opens up another BCS bowl slot guarentee for the next strongest conference?

Texas talk shows reporting that Colo may also get screwed as Baylor may once again ride Horn coattails to the Pac 10, when in fact Baylor would not even be competitive in the WAC. The story is that the Big 12 originally wanted TCU not Baylor but got blocked politically. Seems to me Big 12 revenue sharing is like major league baseball, where Big 10 revenue sharing seems more like the NFL

BTW, think someone like Iowa State fits nicely ( and I am not trying to be an ass) in something like the MAC
Judge Smails is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #13
N2SEX46
Valued Poster

Let's bring back the Big 8 of old and let the Texas schools have their own league. It's big enough that they could be exclusively the Texas Conference. I, too miss the Nebraska-Oklahoma rivalry so bring it back, along with KU-K-State, KU-MU as a Big-8 or whatever they would call the conferenced. Regarding Nebraska and their pitch to keep the offices and championships in the North: NEBRASKA WAS RIGHT!!!!
Just my opinion, though (I graduated from Florida).
N2SEX46 is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #14
Omahan
Secretary of State

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2SEX46 View Post
Let's bring back the Big 8 of old and let the Texas schools have their own league. It's big enough that they could be exclusively the Texas Conference. I, too miss the Nebraska-Oklahoma rivalry so bring it back, along with KU-K-State, KU-MU as a Big-8 or whatever they would call the conferenced. Regarding Nebraska and their pitch to keep the offices and championships in the North: NEBRASKA WAS RIGHT!!!!
Just my opinion, though (I graduated from Florida).

One problem with trying to restore the Big 8 is that it ignores the trend toward super-conferences and all 8 of us would end up fucked if we did it. Another thing wrong with the idea is that OU has moved to TX (mentally) and is happy with it. I think OSU probably is too.

Change is hard. I hate it! But to refuse to change can be worse.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:47 AM   #15
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Okay guys lets all ralley around the new........... Big 3 conference.
dirty dog is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women