Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70716
biomed162672
Yssup Rider60412
gman4453229
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48458
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41682
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36061
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default ANYONE FIND A STEAL DEAL ON CHEAP PRICED GUNS THAT YOU NOW LOVE

I know we all love those high priced high quality weapons, I can tell that from the lists and wishlists. But I was looking several months ago for a real campact and real low priced gun that was still well made and solid functioning. I wanted something really small that I could put in the pocket of my shorts, because anyone who carrys knows how those big weapons and holsters are hard to hide in summer clothing, plus they are heavy and make you sweat, heck even my Berretta .380 gets bulky in shorts. I have a snub .38 but am limited to 5 shots and its still bigger than what I wanted.

I found a .22 compact, holds 10 rounds, very light and compact and is very well made. I have shot over 1500 rounds though it and have had only 1 jam and that was within the first 20 rounds, so I think it was just a new gun jam, since break in however the gun and glip has functioned flawless with both the cheap shoot up ammo and the high powered hollowpoints, i prefer CCI very hard hitting round for a .22. The gun is made by Phenoix Arms .22 lonjg rifle, they have both black and Nichol. I carry the gun in my front pocket without a holster and have not had it hang up, probably because my hand covers most of the gun. Here is the kicker, the gun is priced at $150.00 for the blued and $155.oo for the nichol. I purchased it from Showme Shooters in Claycomo but prices my vary.

So how about you guys, anyone else come across a unknown jewell that can be purchased cheap.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I don't know the manufacturer but the names are the Tom Cat (the Alley Cat with glow in the dark sights) and the Raven. They are available in .22 and .25 acp. 20 years ago there was the Seecamp in .25 and .380. It was a double action and the size of a pack of cigarettes. Unfortunately, it also expensive now.
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #3
swarmyone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

I have an Iver Johnson .380 Pony that is small and compact that I carry with me most often. I was shooting pool at a dive bar one night. A couple of cops came in to do a "tavern check" looking at ID's for everyone that looked too young. Some drunk cowboy took the gun out of his boot and stuffed it in the corner pocket of the pool table. Apparently he was well known to the those cops and was on probation or parole or something. I guess he had warrants and got hauled off. I was the only person who saw him ditch the gun, so I retrieved it and stuck in my pocket. That was probably 15 years ago or so and I just kept it in my sock drawer until the concealed carry law passed in MO and I started carrying it. Nice little piece and the price was right.
swarmyone is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #4
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmyone View Post
I have an Iver Johnson .380 Pony that is small and compact that I carry with me most often. I was shooting pool at a dive bar one night. A couple of cops came in to do a "tavern check" looking at ID's for everyone that looked too young. Some drunk cowboy took the gun out of his boot and stuffed it in the corner pocket of the pool table. Apparently he was well known to the those cops and was on probation or parole or something. I guess he had warrants and got hauled off. I was the only person who saw him ditch the gun, so I retrieved it and stuck in my pocket. That was probably 15 years ago or so and I just kept it in my sock drawer until the concealed carry law passed in MO and I started carrying it. Nice little piece and the price was right.
I'm guessing you don't have that gun registered. If you are stopped with an unregistered gun, I would not be surprised if you lose your CCH/CCW permit. Sounds like you may need to know more about your Miranda rights than you realized.
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #5
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Well guns that were not purchased from a dealer, gun show, pawn shop etc. but were purchased from individuals do not technically have to be registered, however, I would urge anyone with an unregistered weapon to do so, and when ever you sell one you should insist on going to the local gun shop and have them go a registration transfer, this way if the gun later on shows up at a crime scene, your name is not on it. However, Swarmy the thing that might concern me is where he got it, is it stolen, you DO NOT WANT TO BE CAUGHT WITH A STOLEN GUN. But if it was not stolen then your probably cool, however, I agree with Papa, you might want to register it, it may cut down on problems should you ever have to use it to defend yourself. BUT THE PRICE WAS DEFINATELY RIGHT LOL. I was jogging one time many many many years ago along blue river road and found a browning high power which must have been thrown out the window, it was pretty scuffed up but it shot real well. I gave it to an old business asscoiate I wonder what happened to it.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #6
swarmyone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

I wasn't aware that there even was a gun "registry" in Kansas. Where would you go to do this?

BTW - I had the same concerns about the gun being stolen. Through an associate many years ago, the sn # was run through NCIC and it came back clean.
swarmyone is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
nsafun05
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

I own several guns and I wouldn't register any gun that is purchased or acquired from an individual as it it not required by law nor is it the governments business that I own them.
nsafun05 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
dirty dog
Valued Poster

"I own several guns and I wouldn't register any gun that is purchased or acquired from an individual as it it not required by law nor is it the governments business that I own them."

A lot of people feel the same way, I guess there is nothing wrong with that if you trust the person selling you the gun 1000%. By regestering the gun you will find out its stolen and it will be a lot easier to prove to the Feds that you just bought it. I would hate to see you use the gun in self defense and then find out its stolen. Possesion of a stolen gun is around 23 points on the sentencing guidelines chart which will get you about 5 years. But hey been through the dance so i might just be a little paranoid when it comes to guns.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #9
dirty dog
Valued Poster

"I wasn't aware that there even was a gun "registry" in Kansas. Where would you go to do this?

BTW - I had the same concerns about the gun being stolen. Through an associate many years ago, the sn # was run through NCIC and it came back clean. "

Well I am glad you had it checked out, most dont as far as registery its not a state registery its Federal. I figure the government already knows what I have or they have many ways to find out, especially when they require id and paperwork for ammo purchases like they did in the 70's and early 80's. You used to have to show your id and then sign a log book where the caliber and type of ammo was listed, this will be coming back I believe. But like NSAfun said you do not have to register any weapon purchased through private means with exception of and this is something which people living in border states need to know, and here is is.....

It is a violation of both missouri law and Federal law for FTF or face to face transfers to occur if the parties do not reside in the same state.

571.080. A person commits the crime of transfer of a concealable firearm if such person violates 18 U.S.C. Section 922(b) or 18 U.S.C. Section 922(x).

18 U.S.c section 922 (x)

(5) for any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the transferor resides; except that this paragraph shall not apply to
(A) the transfer, transportation, or delivery of a firearm made to carry out a bequest of a firearm to, or an acquisition by intestate succession of a firearm by, a person who is permitted to acquire or possess a firearm under the laws of the State of his residence, and
(B) the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;

I only listed the pertinant section. These types of sales even FTF individual sales must go through a dealer and must be transfered properly.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
Guest121212
Account Disabled

User ID: 6416
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmyone View Post
BTW - I had the same concerns about the gun being stolen. Through an associate many years ago, the sn # was run through NCIC and it came back clean.
Swarmy, if it were me, I would immediately destroy that pistol and I hope you dispose of it, if you ever use it in self-defense (even if the S/N is clean) you have NO IDEA how that weapon you "found" may have been used previously . . . you could register it as a "hand me down" or gift and take ownership of it in the registry and subsequently end up firing it and potentially have the weapon's signature come back as a hit in a ballistic cold case and then you'd be up the creek with no paddle and barely a boat. If you don't know the history of a weapon, don't possess it, IMHO - don't even touch it and risk the possibly of leaving trace evidence . . . just walk away.

Not to mention you were complicit in a crime by your not reporting the weapon to the officers at the time . . . An individual is complicit in a crime if he/she is aware of its occurrence and has the ability to report the crime, but fails to do so. As such the individual effectively allows criminals to carry out a crime despite possibly being able to stop them, either directly or by contacting the authorities, thus making the individual a de-facto accessory to the crime rather than an innocent bystander . . . for all you know that "drunk cowboy" could have used that weapon to kill a kid . . Given your "fry the bastard" attitude in the thread on BERGHUIS, WARDEN v. THOMPKINS in Co-Ed, your admission here is very surprising.

Kisses,

- Jackie
Guest121212 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women