Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Questions for the Staff - Dallas
test
Questions for the Staff - Dallas Ask questions of your local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 392
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70717
biomed162700
Yssup Rider60420
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48461
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41749
CryptKicker37184
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36105
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17
Default Guesting out, Disabling Accounts, and Deleting an Account

Mods,

Could we sticky a thread on this topic so all can see? Seems like this comes up about 1-2 times per week. I will summarize what I think are the rules on this, but I am sure I am missing some of the finer points.

Disabling an Account:

You can have your account disabled by emailing the mods at dallas@eccie.net . Email should include a reason why you want your account disabled. Does not have to be fancy - I just realized that I was in over my head will work.

Guesting an Account:

If your security has been compromised, if for some reason, you need your handle to disappear, you can email the mods at dallas@eccie.net with a reason. Reason here needs to be a bit more substantive. A stalker, an outing of your real world identification, etc.

Deleting an Account:

This does not occur. Most people asking for this want all traces of their presence removed from the board. Can't happen. If a particular post is a security risk for you, that may be able to be dealt with, just email the mods at dallas@eccie.net with a link to the post and an explanation why and they will investigate. But it is impossible to remove all traces of your presence here. If you have posted on the internet, anywhere, not just ECCIE, you have been memoralized in the cyber world forever. Best bet is to look at Guesting your Account above.

Lost your Access or Want a new Handle:

Email the mods at dallas@eccie.net or at websupport@eccie.netand they will help you recover your ID. Do not start a new handle, recover your old handle. Multiple handles are not allowed. In rare cases, a new handle may be allowed if the security issues make the old handle unsafe for you to continue. If the security issue with the old handle was of your own making (you beat up a provider, then tried to disappear, as an example), you aren't likely to be approved for a new handle. New Handles may be linked to old handles (basically, same account, just a new name on it & you retain all of your posts from the old handle.) or may be a new account and you start over as a new person, all clean & shiny.

Any handle changes are subject to approval of the mods and administrators.

Changing your mind:

Okay, you took one of the steps above, and now you want to re-join our merry little band of loonys. Basically, read the Lost your Access above.

Timing:

The mods and administrators here are high paid, dedicated employees with nothing else to do but assist guys with getting laid and gals with finding guys willing to pay them to get laid. However, your request may take time to address. In some cases, the decisions will be made by committee, and as such, the decision may appear to move at the speed of Congress. Allow a few days. If after a few days, a gentle email reminder to the mods may speed the process.

Stalking the mods, harrassing the mods, spamming the board, or generally making a nusiance of yourself may result in unintended consequences.
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
chipper
Ambassador

Encounters: 25
My ECCIE Reviews

Could we hilight the "High paid, dedicated employees"?
chipper is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:01 AM   #3
Guest060513
Account Disabled

User ID: 65299
My ECCIE Reviews

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

sdfluffy@eccie.net
(ultimately generated from Dallas@eccie.net)
No Such User Here"
Guest060513 is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
guest061212-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Audrey, Sdfluffy is no longer around. The admins have probably forgot to remove his disabled email address from the Dallas distribution list.
guest061212-1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
Deleting an Account:

This does not occur. Most people asking for this want all traces of their presence removed from the board. Can't happen. If a particular post is a security risk for you, that may be able to be dealt with, just email the mods at dallas@eccie.net with a link to the post and an explanation why and they will investigate. But it is impossible to remove all traces of your presence here. If you have posted on the internet, anywhere, not just ECCIE, you have been memoralized in the cyber world forever. Best bet is to look at Guesting your Account above.
Sorry tigercat but this entire paragraph is incorrect.

Deleting a user account does not take any special effort or action, it is simply a function of the Admin panel.

When an account is deleted, if that account started a thread, the thread remains along with all the replies and the system simply "fixes" the post counts.

I'm guessing the reason the owners choose to only delete accounts that are obvious troll accounts and/or those accounts that are created using actual real names of individuals is due to the desire to prevent someone from asking their account to be deleted in order to remove what could be used as research looking for posting styles and word choice.

But ECCIE does in fact Delete accounts as the need arises but just not when a member requests it.

Whether Guested or Deleted, anything that was quoted will still contain the complete user account name. Sure, the staff could do searches for any instance of the handle and change or delete said reference but that would add a lot of extra work.

If someone uses your account name to direct a thread or question at you, even without it being quoted, it would fall into the same area of still being able to be found.

vbulletin also has a feature that would automatically purge accounts after a certain period of inactivity and that purge is nothing more than mass deletes and is part of the vbulletin software and many boards choose to purge handles that are not active or logged in for at least 6 months, some give it a year.

Since most reviews pretty much become worthless after 12 months, any handle that posted a review more than a year ago and hasn't logged back on would most likely be better off deleted along with the review.
LazurusLong is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women