Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 276
George Spelvin 266
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70743
biomed162816
Yssup Rider60510
gman4453250
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48506
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41949
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36336
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
BustyCallieGirl
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 10727
My ECCIE Reviews
Default No questions car inspection?

I know all those old cars on the road are not able to pass inspection each year, so how do they do it? Is there a small list of places to go for an inspection NOW if ya need to wait awhile to spend the money to get the car up to code?

Pleeeease!
BustyCallieGirl is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
hd
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

There are specific requirements for each model year of car to pass inspections. Many older cars before emissions testing need only to pass safety checks, seat belts, horn, brakes, lights, etc. Newer cars also have certain emissions test to pass. But cars that look unsafe aren't neccessarily unpassable. Just because they're full of dents and maybe burn oil doesn't mean they won't pass, but many of them no doubt are able to find bogus safety stickers, if you know the right people, or shop at some flea markets. Like any other items, if there is a market for it, you can find it.

I've read about this kind of thing going on.
hd is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
argus256
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

If a car is 25+ years old they only require safety inspection, just fyi.
argus256 is offline   Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
hd
Valued Poster

I believe if the vehicle came with emission equipment, it is required to have a safety and emissions inspection even if it is 25+ years old (considered an antique).

Vehicles had emission equip. in late 70's early 80's........IMO, and I could certainly be wrong about it.

I think BustyCallieGirl was just wondering how such poor conditioned cars could pass inspections, again, I believe bogus stickers, at least that's what I've heard?
Unless the owners are stopped for some other reason, they'll get away with it.
hd is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:23 AM   #5
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Actually, hd, if I read the post correctly, she's the one trying to game the system and find a dishonest inspection station and register an unsafe car.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:16 AM   #6
dentonseek
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Yes, TTH understood correctly and BustyCallieGirl, the way it is done is to go to some back street inspection station that isn't a large chain...and tell the guy what you need done, toss him an extra $20 and he'll put in your cars details but plug his own car up to the emission station. So the car will pass and the details on the sticker will show your plate number. Sounds so easy now doesn't it. Thats how ALL those bootleg cars you see on the road, pass.
dentonseek is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:38 AM   #7
hd
Valued Poster

Right Tex, I glanced at it and assumed like many of us, just pissed at how they get away with that and we can't.

Used to be, what I've been told, a sticker would cost 50? and like denton said, some inspection stations will do what he says, but you may have to walk away for a coffee or sandwich for 30 minutes while your car is being inspected. no need to be there while it's being done.

I knew of one place many years ago down on Hwy 175 in Pleasant grove area, just have to find the right nieghborhood.
hd is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #8
Bloodhound
Lifetime Premium Access

You don't need an inspection sticker if you register your 25+ year old car as an antique.
Bloodhound is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:33 AM   #9
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

Today's inspection stations don't do the exhaust "probe" liie they did a few years ago. They plug in the OBC (on board computer). That's pretty dang hard to bypass. The computer's at the inspection station should also be tied into the new online insurance system to verify that you have current and valid insurance before getting issued a new sticker.

A news story not that long ago showed where they had busted someone coming in from Mexico with boxes of fake stickers.

What the OP really needs is to just go spend the cash to get it checked out and see what it needs.

If the check engine light is on, it may just be a sensor that can be purchased at Auto Zone for a very reasonable fee and for those mechanics out there, they'll even rent you the large 28mm wrench to remove and install the new one. I have a neighbor who needed to replace 2 of the O2 sensors before his sedan would pass.

One of my cars failed because the O-ring around the gas cap was broken. A couple dollars to replace and get it done again.

Another one needed a minor exhaust leak welded.

Rather than stress looking for a place to do fake inspections, see what the actual issue is first then go from there.
LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:34 AM   #10
Tara Evans
Account Disabled

User ID: 679
My ECCIE Reviews

I would always go to East Texas when I had a car that had really dark tint. They would always pass it for me with a little extra cash on the side.
Tara Evans is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #11
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

Tara

There are counties that don't do the emissions inspections and counties east of Dallas are typically not involved in emissions. I have a friend who keeps his truck registered in a county way north for that very reason, he drives up and they take his money and put a sticker on it. Done.

BUT he can only do that because it is registered there.

Not sure about how that works if your vehicle is registered in Dallas or Collin county.
LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #12
mar6
anonymous sex addict

Encounters: 26

I have a vehicle that needs two catalytic converters and an egr valve replaced and got an estimate of just over 2000 to fix it. Of course the check engine light is on b/c of these items and the vehicle can not pass inspection.

I plan to get a new vehicle in about three weeks and don't want to put that kind of cash into this one, but also am driving around with an expired sticker in the meantime.

If any of you guys out there are inspectors and want to discuss remedies to my situation privately, please PM me and I'm sure we can work something out.
mar6 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #13
hd
Valued Poster

LL, I'm sure it's still like it was years ago, whatever county it's registered in, safety and emissions have to be per that county no matter where you go for the inspection.
hd is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #14
Bloodhound
Lifetime Premium Access

I think what they look at is not where it is registered but where you live. May not be the same location.
Bloodhound is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #15
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazurusLong View Post
Tara

There are counties that don't do the emissions inspections and counties east of Dallas are typically not involved in emissions.
Wood and hunt county don't. Living in the boondocks has served me more than the average bear could have. Though, the new car really doesn't need to be registered out here (but I like the 12.50 cost of inspection.)
LovingKayla is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women