Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70722
biomed162786
Yssup Rider60478
gman4453240
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48490
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41868
CryptKicker37190
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36246
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old Today, 10:27 AM   #16
tommy156
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
This guy ain’t fucking around

https://x.com/genflynn/status/1840889140755190105?s=42

“I’ll cripple you”
He doesn't have nearly as much power as he thinks he does. What he fails to mention in his little tirade here is that HE also loses HIS job.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old Today, 10:42 AM   #17
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
He doesn't have nearly as much power as he thinks he does. What he fails to mention in his little tirade here is that HE also loses HIS job.
How does he lose his job? Will the Union disappear?
bambino is online now   Quote
Old Today, 10:45 AM   #18
tommy156
Premium Access

Quote:
How does he lose his job? Will the Union disappear?
If the work disappears, as he's threatening, then yes, the union disappears too. Why the fuck would they need a union if there's no employees?

Tough guy morons like him never really think things through to their logical conclusions. He's too busy talking about how tough he is to see he's cutting his own nose off.
Old Today, 11:54 AM   #19
R.M.
Not A Stepford Wife

User ID: 14483
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
As they should
You gonna look funny walking to your hobby appointments.
Let's see where this strike leads to. HeH.
R.M. is offline   Quote
Old Today, 02:15 PM   #20
tommy156
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.M. View Post
You gonna look funny walking to your hobby appointments.
Let's see where this strike leads to. HeH.
That doesn't make any sense. But then again, not much does these days.
Old Today, 02:15 PM   #21
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
If the work disappears, as he's threatening, then yes, the union disappears too. Why the fuck would they need a union if there's no employees?

Tough guy morons like him never really think things through to their logical conclusions. He's too busy talking about how tough he is to see he's cutting his own nose off.
It’s your logic( lack of) that’s fucked up. Do you really think 45,000 Longshoremen will disappear? Really? And replace them with who? Haitians? No Tommy, that ain’t happening. The Union President has the upper hand. They haven’t gone on strike since 1977. It’s time for the companies to bargain in good faith. They’ll lose 5 billion a week during a work stoppage. Joey Bribes could force them back to work, but that would make him a huge hypocrite. Besides, he said this yesterday

“Because it’s collective bargaining, I don’t believe in Taft-Hartley,” Biden said.

So Tommy, the Union Boss holds the cards. His logic is quite sound. Yours? Not so much.
Old Today, 02:20 PM   #22
tommy156
Premium Access

Quote:
It’s your logic( lack of) that’s fucked up. Do you really think 45,000 Longshoremen will disappear? Really?
Who said they would disappear? Nobody.

But tough guy union boss said their JOBS would disappear. He's obviously not thinking this through. How long they just gonna go without jobs or pay? Do you honestly believe they won't just get scabs to take their place? This guy is demented if he thinks he has the upper hand here. He can't "cripple" anyone.

Plus, a certain presidential nominee recently suggested that all striking workers should be fired. Then he laughed about it with his billionaire buddy. So, there you have it. Fire them all. Replace them with people who actually want to work.
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #23
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
I doubt that will ever happen, anymore than the teamsters getting broken up. Do they have too much power, sure- but they are also decent waged positions, that are critical to how america operates even more so than government or anything else frankly. without transportation, we're all fucked. Sadly- the unions don't realize that it's not just this country they will fuck, but every company both sending and receiving goods via ships, and that's literally the entire globe. Now were talking about some real impact- and hence why I think there will be 7 days till the 'Gubbment' will step in and force them back to work regardless. Not ideal, but crippling an economy won't solve shit. It's like a bully twisting an arm till the other guy cries uncle. Course some board members love that style though.
You can’t have a machine drive a truck but you sure as hell can have automation take thousands of Longshoremen’s jobs.
The union and management have been fighting about exactly this for years. This guy’s argument has been men do things better than machinery. Machines don’t strike.
You are flat out wrong if you think management isn’t discussed this right now.
Changes won’t happen overnight. It will take years, but Mr Tough Talk is going to regret this if he follows through.
Charley3 is online now   Quote
Old Today, 02:52 PM   #24
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
You can’t have a machine drive a truck but you sure as hell can have automation take thousands of Longshoremen’s jobs.
The union and management have been fighting about exactly this for years. This guy’s argument has been men do things better than machinery. Machines don’t strike.
You are flat out wrong if you think management isn’t discussed this right now.
Changes won’t happen overnight. It will take years, but Mr Tough Talk is going to regret this if he follows through.
I disagree...it doesnt matter either way. If the companies think its more profitable to automate and eliminate workers, they will do it regardless. There is zero loyalty
chizzy is online now   Quote
Old Today, 02:56 PM   #25
bambino
Valued Poster

Well, it seems that Mr “Tough Guy” has the Teamsters on his side. FAFO. If people here want robots and machines to take over the workforce, and Illegal immigrants taking the rest of the jobs, good luck!!!! My guess, a deal will be made. Will the ILA get what they’re asking for? I doubt it. Prolly somewhere in the middle. The market will dictate. As it should.
Old Today, 03:15 PM   #26
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
I disagree...it doesnt matter either way. If the companies think its more profitable to automate and eliminate workers, they will do it regardless. There is zero loyalty
Right. Would you get into a driverless Uber? They tried that right? And then one ran over a bike rider. I guess automation and AI is the future. There’s robotics in surgery. So, I guess EVERYONE can be replaced. What a wonderful world it will be. If nobody has a job, who can buy Big Macs? Cars? Homes? Food? Nobody will be working. Mebbe there will be Universal income? Where does that money come from? Taxing the “lucky” people who are working? Yeah, an economy is an intricate web.
Old Today, 03:44 PM   #27
fd-guy
Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Right. Would you get into a driverless Uber? They tried that right? And then one ran over a bike rider. I guess automation and AI is the future. There’s robotics in surgery. So, I guess EVERYONE can be replaced. What a wonderful world it will be. If nobody has a job, who can buy Big Macs? Cars? Homes? Food? Nobody will be working. Mebbe there will be Universal income? Where does that money come from? Taxing the “lucky” people who are working? Yeah, an economy is an intricate web.

I have and would absolutely get into a driverless Uber. I trust that way more than the amped up fuckheads I see driving taxis nowadays. Same with truck drivers. I trust driverless trucks more than the half asleep drivers I bump into at rest stops and gas stations.
fd-guy is online now   Quote
Old Today, 03:48 PM   #28
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Already making $53 an hour on average though?! No college education needed or any trade for that matter.
I’m all for people getting theirs but this makes no sense to strike when these guys will never see this kind of money if they lose their jobs.
Old Today, 03:51 PM   #29
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
Especially if guys without a degree or trade is striking despite making $53 an hour.
Old Today, 04:01 PM   #30
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Already making $53 an hour on average though?! No college education needed or any trade for that matter.
I’m all for people getting theirs but this makes no sense to strike when these guys will never see this kind of money if they lose their jobs.
Well, Charley, maybe you should put in a shift on the docks. I’m not the arbiter of who should make what. Neither are you. The MARKET decides that. And how in the fuck did we get here? The US will shortly become a NET importer of food! That’s a fact. We have fertile land and expertise in farming. Not to mention everything else. WHO sold us out Charlie? We shouldn’t rely on imports. Why should this country have to import food? But we do. It’s not as simple as who makes how much money. Or if Corporations can automize. What type of society do you want to live in? You can be eliminated next. Yeah, the ILA boss probably could have toned it down. But he’s fighting for 45,000 members way of life and their families. I get it. He won’t get what he’s asking for, but he’ll get something.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women