Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70712
biomed162553
Yssup Rider60381
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48446
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41564
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid35954
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 12-06-2022, 03:57 PM   #121
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Devo, your last few posts in this thread have contained some stuff that simply isn't true, so I have a few questions for you:

The Steelers revenue has steadily increased since at least 2001, with only a dip in 2020 due to no fan attendance.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...rs-since-2006/

In SPECIFICALLY what way is their revenue going to decline as you have predicted?

You said: "Mike Tomlin, too dumb to even lose and get a high draft pick.

IF you suck, just suck, at least it could benefit the next coach, that's how Cowher thought."

What has Cowher ever said or done that gave you that impression?

I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for an answer or for you to admit that you were talking out of your behind. These two statements just aren't accurate, so I suspect that you will ignore the question. You expressed other inaccuracies and hypocrisies, but I'll stick to these two for now.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:58 AM   #122
Looker151
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

Damn, the Steelers won another one. That draft pick keeps getting lower and lower.
Looker151 is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 12:38 PM   #123
Mistershark
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
Thanks, and thanks for not calling me a racist.

I could make the reverse case that some of you only support him because he's black, but, I won't go there..
Thanks,

I could point out that you get pissy when the Steelers wear hats that say “equality” or “end hate”, but, I won’t go there either…

There are some fair criticisms of Tomlin. Lack of 2nd half adjustments, stubbornly sticking to things not working, lack of outside hires. But, overall he’s been a great coach.

He inherited an 8-8 team and took them to two Superbowls. You can say they were Cowhers players, but it takes more than great players to win the championship. He developed AB, one of the best receivers in history and kept the nutcase controlled for several years, before he torched the Raiders in one offseason and the Patriots and Buccs over the course of a few years. He constantly had a strong team, even when Ben was lost for the season we were still in the playoff hunt up till the end. He dragged a lot of injury riddled teams further than they should have gone. The killer B’s don’t play together much when it comes to the postseason.

And I haven’t heard who you offer as a replacement? Always criticizing, but never any ideas.
Mistershark is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 12:41 PM   #124
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looker151 View Post
Damn, the Steelers won another one. That draft pick keeps getting lower and lower.
Yep. I’m a season ticket holder and I’ve sold mine for the year. Can’t celebrate getting to mediocre. Good news is the Chicago pick for Claypool keeps getting better.
And Pittsburgh1, we get it, you don’t agree. Lol
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 12:54 PM   #125
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistershark View Post
Thanks,

I could point out that you get pissy when the Steelers wear hats that say “equality” or “end hate”, but, I won’t go there either…

There are some fair criticisms of Tomlin. Lack of 2nd half adjustments, stubbornly sticking to things not working, lack of outside hires. But, overall he’s been a great coach.

He inherited an 8-8 team and took them to two Superbowls. You can say they were Cowhers players, but it takes more than great players to win the championship. He developed AB, one of the best receivers in history and kept the nutcase controlled for several years, before he torched the Raiders in one offseason and the Patriots and Buccs over the course of a few years. He constantly had a strong team, even when Ben was lost for the season we were still in the playoff hunt up till the end. He dragged a lot of injury riddled teams further than they should have gone. The killer B’s don’t play together much when it comes to the postseason.

And I haven’t heard who you offer as a replacement? Always criticizing, but never any ideas.
I could point out that you get pissy when the Steelers wear hats that say “equality” or “end hate”, but, I won’t go there either

Ill go there... did you ever consider someone gets pissy about because they feel sports is sports, not a place to be getting polictical? I watch a game to be entertained period, not to think about peoples opinion about anything other than sports.

tomlin is a coach of a team that is one of the few who over the last 50 years has been more sucessful than most. judgement on him is going to be expected to be harse compared to if he coached cleveland or a team who would be elated if they even made a wildcard game. pittsburgh, dallas, new england .... fans expect a championship..... if it doesnt happen, the bitching and shit flys, no matter what color the coach is.....

when cowher left, tomlin was blessed with two of the best coaches around. they were a huge part of his success, period

his picks as coaches have not been good for the most part and that plays heavily on a teams success. do I think he is a bad coach? no is he a great coach? no good coach? yes
not having a losing season can be admired in detroit but not here. some may be critical of him because he is black but some may also put him on a pedestal because he is.

but I think the majority rate him the way they should.... his actions, his players and his wins or losses

and fyi..... tomlin created the monster that was antonio brown
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:21 PM   #126
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Tomlin won a super bowl in 2008 in his second year. Of course it was Cowhers players. And obviously Cowhers coordinators.

Since that 2008 SB Tomlin has I believe 5 playoff wins!!! That’s nothing great with. HOF QB. He’s a solid motivator but he’s overrated to say the least.

I guess this makes me a racist.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 09:33 AM   #127
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Yep. I’m a season ticket holder and I’ve sold mine for the year. Can’t celebrate getting to mediocre. Good news is the Chicago pick for Claypool keeps getting better.
And Pittsburgh1, we get it, you don’t agree. Lol
Correct. LOL My user name was going to be 1pittsburghsteelersfan, but this forum apparently has limit on user name characters and it wouldn't let me use that.

I'll be at all the remaining home games, and I hope they can win out and go 10-7, but yea, obviously hoping for the Bears to lose out and we end up with that pick being in the high 30s. There will only be 31 first round picks due to the Dolphins losing theirs because of tampering, so it could be as high as 33. I think the Texans are almost assured of having the worst record.

For the record, I don't think you judge Tomlin by the color of his skin. The other guy has clearly demonstrated his Wendy Bell style ideology through his posts.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:47 AM   #128
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post

Ill go there... did you ever consider someone gets pissy about because they feel sports is sports, not a place to be getting polictical? I watch a game to be entertained period, not to think about peoples opinion about anything other than sports.
I've seen you advocate for people's "freedom of speech" on private social media platforms, but for some reason you're triggered by phrases like "end racism" or "end hate" when those phrases don't affect the quality of play at all. I wonder why... It's not like they're making political speeches during the games.

Politics and sports have mixed since the days of the Greek Empire, and will continue to mix for as long as they exist. Many of the greatest athletes have made political statements. If it bothers you that much, you can tune out. They don't need your TV views. Your ally Devo falsely claimed that the NFL would lose revenue due to politics, but since the Kaep first knelt, it has gone up every year other than the anomaly of 2020.
Old 12-08-2022, 12:14 PM   #129
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

How about we focus on the Steelers season and the upcoming game?
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 12:20 PM   #130
Devo
Valued Poster

I have a friend who has been a season ticket holder for decades, he told me recently that he had two tickets and a GREAT next to the stadium parking pass.

He tried to donate his tickets to a local church for a fund raiser, and, they didn't want the tickets, didn't think it was worth the effort to try and raffle them etc.

So, he has just been giving them away, he has no desire to see the Kneelers play, and he HATES the owners for what they have done to a once great team, and, their obvious political bullshit.

My first thought was to have him give the tickets to my brother and he could take his youngest son to the game, he's a QB on his school team, and I thought he'd love it, even against Cleveland.

However, I recently found out his good friend has had a physical issue that prevented him from wrestling, and doing any other athletics, and, he's been very depressed about it.

So, with great discretion I asked his mother if she'd want to brave the cold and take him to the last and probably lousy, Kneelers game of the year.

She agreed, and said he'd love it, and that in fact, Cleveland was his favorite team, and, she's going to spring the present as a surprise Xmas gift for him.

It was one of those acts that made both my friend and I just feel good, actually giving those tickets to someone who would appreciate it, especially because his mother is single, and, adopted him, after which, her husband decided he didn't want to stick around and left, and, she's not ever going to have the money to blow 300 bucks for a few hours of entertainment, and, this should be a great time for both of them.

Even though the Kneelers and their owners DISGUST me, I'm still glad I can help make the kids life special for a day, and, maybe someday, if they can get his heart issues taken care of, because he's an awesome athlete, he can shoot to be a Cleveland Steame, errr, Brown or a Shittsburgh Kneeler, if that's what he wants.

Charity, and helping people is one of the best things we can do, especially if you can maintain their pride in giving to them.

The son, his mother was a drug addict, and, his adoptive mother has helped mold this kid into a good person, something, which probably would not have happened if he had stayed with his birth mother, and, she's sacrificing her life to put this kid into college, one of the best things I think anyone can do for an unwanted child, to give them a home, love, and all the things the birth mother couldn't or wouldn't do.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 12:22 PM   #131
Devo
Valued Poster

But go ahead and infer I'm a racist now.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 12:26 PM   #132
Devo
Valued Poster

Oh, I forgot to mention, his adoptive mother is white, and, her son just happens to be black.

Good people are just that, good people, and, you do things to help good people, regardless of, their race, and, when you find bad people, you cannot hesitate to criticize them because someone may call you a racist, for doing that.

GO KNEELERS!
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 12:35 PM   #133
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
I've seen you advocate for people's "freedom of speech" on private social media platforms, but for some reason you're triggered by phrases like "end racism" or "end hate" when those phrases don't affect the quality of play at all. I wonder why... It's not like they're making political speeches during the games.

Politics and sports have mixed since the days of the Greek Empire, and will continue to mix for as long as they exist. Many of the greatest athletes have made political statements. If it bothers you that much, you can tune out. They don't need your TV views. Your ally Devo falsely claimed that the NFL would lose revenue due to politics, but since the Kaep first knelt, it has gone up every year other than the anomaly of 2020.
U need to grow up. Always trying to do an end a round suggesting I'm a racist or devo or Berry. Whining about warnings or points. If someone on the team wore a pro life hat or a Trump 2024 hat, I'd say the same thing about that. I. Want to watch sports and far as I'm concerned, the players are paid to provide that entertainment not express political views. They can do that on their own time period.

We all know what u r trying to do baiting people. You are just itching to hit the rtm button because u r upset u have been warned and pointed urself. Mature adults don't think that way and we are smart enough not to play ur little game

Carry on
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 05:16 PM   #134
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Devo, all that typing, and you still have ignored two easy questions:

The Steelers revenue has steadily increased since at least 2001, with only a dip in 2020 due to no fan attendance.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...rs-since-2006/

In SPECIFICALLY what way is their revenue going to decline as you have predicted?

You said: "Mike Tomlin, too dumb to even lose and get a high draft pick.

IF you suck, just suck, at least it could benefit the next coach, that's how Cowher thought."

What has Cowher ever said or done that gave you that impression?
Old 12-08-2022, 05:17 PM   #135
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
U need to grow up. Always trying to do an end a round suggesting I'm a racist or devo or Berry. Whining about warnings or points. If someone on the team wore a pro life hat or a Trump 2024 hat, I'd say the same thing about that. I. Want to watch sports and far as I'm concerned, the players are paid to provide that entertainment not express political views. They can do that on their own time period.

We all know what u r trying to do baiting people. You are just itching to hit the rtm button because u r upset u have been warned and pointed urself. Mature adults don't think that way and we are smart enough not to play ur little game

Carry on
There's nothing you could say or do that could make me upset. I'm just combatting the Wendy Bell ideology with the truth.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women