Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70713
biomed162649
Yssup Rider60409
gman4453227
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48455
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41659
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36042
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
SexyKaylen
Account Disabled

User ID: 72815
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Red Lobster Waitress Gets $10K Tip After Racist Receipt

All I can say is WOW. What the HELL is wrong with people.
Why write anything like that.SMH

And some great people...

A Red Lobster waitress, who said a customer left her a receipt with a racist slur, has received the tip of a lifetime, thanks to a fundraising from online supporters.
Toni Christina Jenkins of Franklin, Tenn., said she was shocked when she saw a receipt on the table with "none" on the "Tip" line and the N-word on the "Total" line.
"I was just stunned that it happened," Jenkins, 19, said. "It's not something that you think in our generation would actually take place, so I was just blown away by it."
After posting a picture of the receipt to Facebook Sept. 10, her story sparked outrage online, prompting a California man to take action. Matthew Hanson, founder of AddictingInfo.org, heard Jenkins' story and started an online fundraiser called "Tips for Toni" that collected $10,749 in place of Jenkins' non-tip on the bill for $44.53.
"It was about sending a message to racists that Americans aren't going to tolerate that," Hanson said. "We raised $10,000 within seventy-two hours. It was really amazing."
Hanson presented the check Sept 30 to Jenkins, who was unaware of the fundraiser.
"I literally screamed. I was so confused," Jenkins said. "I was just so thankful. I felt so blessed and so honored that so many people came together on my behalf to give this to me."
Citing a company policy that prohibits employees from posting a guest receipt online, Red Lobster suspended Jenkins with pay after the story went public, but she has now resumed work.
"We are disgusted by the language used on this guest check and it has no place in our restaurant or anywhere else," a Red Lobster representative said in a statement to ABC News. "We were in constant communication with [our server] throughout this situation and have extended her a high degree of respect and caring for what happened. No one should have to endure what our employee went through."
Some online commenters have called the authenticity of the receipt into question, but Jenkins stands by her story.
"I was just trying to create awareness that racism is still taking place in this generation," Jenkins said. "For people who think it's fake, my heart goes out to them and I wish them the best."
A rash of receipts left with racist remarks have made headlines recently, from a Papa John's employee who identified a customer as "lady chinky eyes" to a CVS employee referring to an Asian woman as "Ching Chong Lee" on her receipt.
SexyKaylen is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
Guest013121
Account Disabled

User ID: 127696
My ECCIE Reviews

Some people look for any reason to pull the race card for sympathy or money. Get over it. We are not in the slave days anymore and more now than ever its the black race that is more racist towards every other race. Statistics show more than I can explain. But facebook is a joke and there are numerous race cards being being pulled on there. Kudos to that waitress who found a way to scam gullible fb people. Im sure the starving kids or homeless families would benefit far more greater from that money. Tomorrow I will write on a piece of paper "fuck the hungry!" Then im going to post it and see where everyones heart really is. And those people are not great people. Great people help the less fortunate or families that have lost a child, parent or other significant other due to violent crimes and murderer's. I'd have a couple million dollars if I cried about every racist or sexist name I've ever been called. This story is unbelievable and shows whats wrong with our country.
Guest013121 is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
bdd748
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

This could apply to all prejudice: race, religion, sexual preferences, etc. If people would just stay out of other people's lives and let us alone the world would be a helluva lot better.
And yes, i am thinking of all of us in the hobby. God bless you, ladies, and thank you.
bdd748 is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
SexyKaylen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks babe and yes you are so right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd748 View Post
This could apply to all prejudice: race, religion, sexual preferences, etc. If people would just stay out of other people's lives and let us alone the world would be a helluva lot better.
And yes, i am thinking of all of us in the hobby. God bless you, ladies, and thank you.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
SexyKaylen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Well I was a waitress for a long time and I worked my ass off for nothing and then people doing crap like that well sorry I think its wrong period...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma34 View Post
Some people look for any reason to pull the race card for sympathy or money. Get over it. We are not in the slave days anymore and more now than ever its the black race that is more racist towards every other race. Statistics show more than I can explain. But facebook is a joke and there are numerous race cards being being pulled on there. Kudos to that waitress who found a way to scam gullible fb people. Im sure the starving kids or homeless families would benefit far more greater from that money. Tomorrow I will write on a piece of paper "fuck the hungry!" Then im going to post it and see where everyones heart really is. And those people are not great people. Great people help the less fortunate or families that have lost a child, parent or other significant other due to violent crimes and murderer's. I'd have a couple million dollars if I cried about every racist or sexist name I've ever been called. This story is unbelievable and shows whats wrong with our country.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
bartipero
Valued Poster

Gemma, I think I'm hungry now.

.....out ...of context,...oh. My bad.
bartipero is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
Guest013121
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyKaylen View Post
Well I was a waitress for a long time and I worked my ass off for nothing and then people doing crap like that well sorry I think its wrong period...
I think you missed the point. But thats ok, my comment was not personally aimed at you.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
Guest013121
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartipero View Post
Gemma, I think I'm hungry now.

.....out ...of context,...oh. My bad.
No worries, just write it on a piece of paper and post it to facebook. Surely they will start up a fund for you. That is, if they are truly great people
Old 10-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
SexyKaylen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I didn't say it was.. From experience I just said that those ladys work hard for nothing at all..Thats it...smh
Quote:
I think you missed the point. But thats ok, my comment was not personally aimed at you.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
Kshunter
Premium Access

Encounters: 100

Quote:
I'll get flamed for this, but I'm 100% with Gemma.
Kshunter is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #11
ISODT
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Maybe I'm misreading some posts but it sounds a bit like bashing the server for being upset? Posting it online? Taking money freely (I assume she didn't ask for it) offered to her?
Or is it the guy who raised the money for her? (or started it anyway)
I'm a bit confused, if this is a true story it just seems like the 'cunt'omer is the one deserving of any bashing... pen or otherwise
IMHO
ISODT is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
Guest013121
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

The reason im so upset is she may have gotten called a racist name...aaaannd she may not have. Either way, this was the route she took to scam people into feeling sorry for her and they funded her. We dont even know if that is a legit copy of the so called receipt. Everyone involved needs bashing. My point is nobody can give a cent for the needy and deserving but they raised 10,000 for a butthurt waitress who claims she was called a name. Boohoo. Give me a break.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
Grizzly
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

Quote:
The reason im so upset is she may have gotten called a racist name...aaaannd she may not have. Either way, this was the route she took to scam people into feeling sorry for her and they funded her. We dont even know if that is a legit copy of the so called receipt. Everyone involved needs bashing. My point is nobody can give a cent for the needy and deserving but they raised 10,000 for a butthurt waitress who claims she was called a name. Boohoo. Give me a break.
+10,000. Well said and I agree
Grizzly is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #14
ISODT
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
That's very true, she may not have... but do you think she expected to get a payday from it?
...she took to scam.... so if she was treated this way she's scamming now? Sure they funded her, and it comes across as nice (if over done greatly) to me.
People give money all the time to the needy Gemma, otherwise the charity groups wouldn't exist at all.

ISODT is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #15
Guest013121
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

She may not have expected money but she DID expect some sort of reaction, No?...

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women