Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > Coed Discussions
test
Coed Discussions Hobby-related discussions belong here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70788
biomed163165
Yssup Rider60808
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48626
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42484
CryptKicker37213
The_Waco_Kid36922
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #16
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

Damn, VK and I are on the same page of thinking again.

Hobbyists should never get into the "business" of mentoring a provider, it is selfish and yes, it is pimpish. As a hobbyist, if you wish to help a gal out, point her in the direction of a provider you trust or a provider who has a lot of knowledge of this world.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #17
LoveWomen
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

First off:
It is "hobbyist" (a person engaged in a hobby)
not "hobbiest" (the most hobby?).

Mentoring in this context is simply suggesting other forums to find information about the industry, and marketing in a more secure manner.

Pimping implies an attempt at control or personal gain.

Quite a serious and important distinction.

Finally, one does learn through experience to enhance, for Everyone, the security, safety and fun in this hobby.

I have a Graduate Degree from the School of Hard Knocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsElena View Post
... if you wish to help a gal out, point her in the direction of a provider you trust or a provider who has a lot of knowledge of this world.
My Dear MsElena, If you know of such a generous and thoughtful provider, please start a new thread regarding this topic so that the provider can be identified.
My experience has been that the experienced provider has an irresistible temptation to become the True Pimp.
LoveWomen is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #18
Nickdanger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

My experience is this: While I would absolutely love to see a regular provider, or two, on a weekly basis, my personal situation ($) dictates a more measured approach.

I have had some fabulous experiences for which I have paid $150-250, however they tend to be fleeting, with those girls either getting out of the business, moving on or realizing their charms would command a higher price. I don't think I'm really cheap, but I have to be "budget conscious". So I go on the hunt again. Occasionally I get burned, but because of the education I have received from this group, I can usually avoid that (Thank you - All!)

I enjoy getting to know someone and becoming comfortable, but there is something really thrilling about meeting someone new and being with them for the first time.

In therapy once, I was told there is nothing that can reinforce a behavior more than being punctuated by an orgasm, so I just keep doing this!
Nickdanger is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #19
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Encounters: 2

Quote:

Hobbyists should never get into the "business" of mentoring a provider, it is selfish and yes, it is pimpish. As a hobbyist, if you wish to help a gal out, point her in the direction of a provider you trust or a provider who has a lot of knowledge of this world.
You read my mind as well...I think PD should look into starting his own agency....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWomen View Post
First off:

Mentoring in this context is simply suggesting other forums to find information about the industry, and marketing in a more secure manner.

Pimping implies an attempt at personal gain.

Finally, one does learn through experience to enhance, for Everyone, the security, safety and fun in this hobby.

Seriously, if you have the mentoring thing down, I would encourage you to start an agency. In all fairness maybe you do have it figured out. I used to know a guy who did but he has passed on..
malwoody is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #20
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

Just because someone has a Graduate Degree in anything... his/her GPA can still be just 2.1.

What's that old joke....what do you call a doctor who had a 2.1 GPA in med school....your doctor

And MW, let's just chalk this one up to great minds thinking a like, lol.

And Ms E, let's just chalk this one up to being a disturbing trend,lol
Guest102513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #21
LoveWomen
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkmaster View Post
...thinking a like, lol....
It is "alike". LOL
LoveWomen is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #22
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

I got it LW....you should be mentoring in spelling, LOL
Guest102513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #23
Redwolf
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkmaster View Post
First off, as always, fun thread by Ari. Second...I think it is great when some of the experienced ladies help out the newbies...both guys and ladies

But as far as "the burden falling on the hobbiest" to mentor...sorry, that not only sounds self-serving, but just plain dumb.

Of course if a lady I visit asks for my opinion, I'll give it...but mentoring sounds way too pimpish to me.

Plus the inexperience/young ones really need to rely on the ladies for tips...no matter how experience the guy is, we are really clueless to all the behind the scenes business and safety issues the ladies need to be aware of. So let's not be clueless Cap-Sav-hoe and act like we are ready to guide them thru this stuff. It can only lead to giving out bad advice to the lady, and all the way to getting someone's jaw broken

Amazing how some people never learn from past mistakes. I think it is called, leading with one's chin.

Plus I would guess the vast majority of the experienced, well-grounded hobbiest are simply here to have fun...if you want to "mentor" go get a part time teaching position at Keller Grad School, or try "mentoring" to your high school daughter why she can't have the keys to the car this weekend, for gosh sakes
+1

I notice guys in other cities and sometimes here in KC that seem to exhibit pimpish characteristics. If I have to contact a guy to meet a provider or get his approval, hmmm.

Regarding ladies mentoring ladies, it would seem all is not selfless. Aren't providers to a different degree more or less competing with each other? There could be some tension here, i.e., an experienced lady directing a newbie in a way that benefits the prior, just as a guy could mentor her in a way that benefits him.
Redwolf is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #24
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

LW, stick with mentoring us on our grammar and spelling. At least you won't get your jaw broken again.

I'm going to be blunt, you straddle the chasm between wanna be pimp, and 'easy mark'. Neither is good for you. Apparently getting your jaw broken taught you nothing.

I agree with VK, Elena, and Malwoody. All offered sage advice. Wow, a trifecta of an entirely different nature!

You are a consumer. Do you take it upon yourself to 'mentor' your hair stylist, doctor, accountant, tailor, or any other professional with whom you have a working relationship? Of course not. It is arrogant, naive, and foolish to presume you have any duty or prerogative to develop or mentor new providers. At the most, if you are so inclined, give a new girl the name of providers you know well and trust who can help get off to a good start.

Finally, do not for a minute assume that other ladies do not help out new ladies. Just because we don't publicize the help we provide does not mean we turn an indifferent ear to ladies who are new and need help.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #25
Guest030817
Account Disabled

User ID: 43896
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Legality

Mentoring another provider is illegal.

For me it's that simple. I am not going to break the law to do it. If it were legal I would so it in a heartbeat. Not because it's my responsibility but because I care about other women, particularly when it comes to safety. There are many times that I have debated about sending a new provider a pm about something that would help her out, but ultimately I am assuming legal risk. Messed up. Too bad this part of the world chooses morals over risk reduction (which helps everyone in the hobby.)

I agree with earlier posts regarding hobbyists helping providers=bad idea. Sure there are situations where it works, but it's like someone in the audience of a show trying to instruct on how it was produced based on having seen it. It's also rare that the instruction given wouldn't be in some way self serving to the hobbyist. Good providers have all kinds of things that go on behind the scenes to make the end result. It is the hobbyist NOT knowing all that goes on that makes them a good provider.

Yes, it's true that we are in competition (I guess). My mental state is that I compete against myself and that there is plenty for everyone. I don't mean that as no one can compete with me, as much as i like the sound of it. Just that I don't like the energy that way of thinking produces. When you compete against yourself, you are always striving to be better, not knocking others down to look better. I will be the first to tell a friend which providers I like to see
Guest030817 is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #26
LeilaniBebe
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 22302
My ECCIE Reviews

Whoa!

This thread took a 90 degree turn onto a totally different subject.

LeilaniBebe is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #27
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWomen View Post
First off:

Pimping implies an attempt at control or personal gain.

My Dear MsElena, If you know of such a generous and thoughtful provider, please start a new thread regarding this topic so that the provider can be identified.
My experience has been that the experienced provider has an irresistible temptation to become the True Pimp.
I've helped a couple of ladies out once they got into the business and didn't ask a dime from them. I have no problem giving advice to a lady who is already in the business and I don't expect a dime from them either.

Nice way to try and turn it around though. Props to you on that, but its also BS.

Ari, sorry we hijacked your thread.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #28
Guest030817
Account Disabled

User ID: 43896
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't care about the hijack. I just wanted convo so I threw some bait.
Guest030817 is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #29
love2fishfork
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 30

Hey let's cut to the chase!
love2fishfork is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #30
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:

After all three ways are fun!
BigMikeinKC is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women