Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
markroxny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3
Default Right wing pushback on Benghazi

First Condi, then Geraldo.

Condi Rice Pours Cold Water On ‘Benghazi-Gate’

Quote:
rown on Oct 25, 2012 at 1:07 pm Former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice broke with the majority of her party last night on Fox News, as she tried to hit the brakes on the right wing’s politicization of the recent attack in Libya.
Host Greta Van Susteren asked Rice directly and repeatedly about a set of emails uncovered by Reuters. In what has been dubbed “Benghazi-Gate,” the conservative media has jumped on the emails as definitive proof that the Obama administration has been lying about what it knew and when in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attack on a diplomatic mission in Benghazi. Rice’s response was likely not what Van Susteren expected:
RICE: But when things are unfolding very, very quickly, it’s not always easy to know what is really going on on the ground. And to my mind, the really important questions here are about how information was collected. Did the various agencies really coordinate and share intelligence in the way that we had hoped, with the reforms that were made after 9/11?
So there’s a big picture to be examined here. But we don’t have all of the pieces, and I think it’s easy to try and jump to conclusions about what might have happened here. It’s probably better to let the relevant bodies do their work.
Watch Rice’s full interview here:
Throughout the interview, Rice highlighted the difficulty that comes in a “fog of war” situation, with multiple stories coming in which need to be processed and verified. Her statements strongly align with the evolution of the Obama administration’s understanding of what happened in Benghazi. Rice also joined current Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in dismissing the big picture importance of the emails from the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, as a small portion of the overall communication between the mission and the State Department.
With her reasoned response, Rice stands apart from other former Bush administration officials, including former United Nations Ambassador John Bolton and former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld. Both Rumsfeld and Bolton have repeatedly insisted that the Obama administration has performed a cover-up of the events in Benghazi.

markroxny is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
markroxny
Valued Poster

Geraldo Pleads With Fox News: ‘Stop This Politicizing’ Of Libya

Quote:
An impassioned plea to halt the politicization of the attack in Benghazi came from surprising quarters this morning. Fox News’s Geraldo Rivera, appearing on Fox and Friends, rattled through several right-wing talking points about what the Obama administration could have and didn’t do during the Sept. 11 assault, debunking each of them. Rivera was primarily responding to statements just minutes before by Rep. Mike Kelly (R-PA), who sits on the House Government and Oversight Committee. In his remarks, Kelly claimed that the Pentagon was unable or unwilling to respond to the attack, which wound up killing four Americans, despite “real-time” information coming in. Rivera pushed back on Kelly’s claims and the idea that military assets could have made it to Libya in time:
RIVERA: I think we need to stop this politicizing, we’re getting away from the real issue, which is why wasn’t there security before it happened. But these preposterous allegations, reckless allegations, that somebody — They paint a picture of some fat bureaucrat watching TV. You heard him describe it, Congressman Kelly. I think that’s really beyond the pale.
Watch it:
“In terms of the military, stop these politicians” from telling the military what they could have done, Rivera went on. Kelly’s claims centered around a recent idea that the U.S. could have launched a military assault from a base in Europe to counter the attack. Rivera pointed to statements from Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta that indicated that information on the ground was not clear enough to warrant sending U.S. forces into harms way.
Rivera also took flack for agreeing with various Republican Senators that the current political climate was not conducive to holding an investigation into Libya. The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence has instead scheduled hearings into possible intelligence failures prior to and during the attack for after the election.
The hosts of Fox and Friends were not as willing to acknowledge these facts as Rivera, repeatedly attempting to bring him back on the narrative. At one point Brian Kilmead insisted that the State Department is wrong in not immediately issuing a judgement on precisely what happened in the incident, as “al Qaeda isn’t waiting.” This isn’t the first time that Rivera has gone off the conservative narrative on Libya, with Fox News hosts failing to rein him in.
http://thinkprogress.org/security/20...bya/?mobile=nc
Old 10-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
markroxny
Valued Poster

I actually agree with Geraldo here.

http://youtu.be/EX-wEEEaQ-I
Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
CJ7
Valued Poster

let the rightwing idiots keep this shitstorm floating, they'll figure out what the consequences were in a couple of weeks ...
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

The shitstorm has not even begun lads.... And yes.... they will figure it out.

HI NIPPLES!!
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The President is a disgrace.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
markroxny
Valued Poster

Hey Stinky, I dare you to watch the video of Geraldo letting his buddies at Fox have it and tell me where you disagree.

Nothing to say on the content posted COF? Just an Obama hating statment and leave? Awww.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #8
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/prep...-in-real-time/

OKEY DOKEY sweety pie! Here ya go.

Edit to say: I switch between FOX and Alex Bennett in the morning on the radio. In case you don't know Bennett is a Democrat that has a show on XM Left. Then at 8:06 I switch to where the real news comes from.

I can promise you on my blood, the left is down right disgraceful in this. You are actually, wholly, and fully WRONG my fuzzy bunny. Let's make it fun. I have 100 bucks that says it will be out right proven, the WH watched it go down. And that will be just the beginning.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #9
markroxny
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post

Sorry stinky, that story doesn't disprove what Geraldo was saying. In fact parts of it confirm it.

Quote:
Rivera’s contention that the attack wasn’t viewed live, at least when juxtaposed against CBS’s claims, is questionable. That said, both Rivera and CBS seem to corroborate the notion that drones didn’t arrive until hours after the militant attack began. Another report from the outlet published on Thursday provided additional details on the drone operations over Benghazi on September 11:
Two and a half hours after the attack began, an unarmed predator drone was diverted from a surveillance mission over another part of Libya to the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi.
That, plus a second unarmed drone dispatched four hours and 15 minutes later, were the only U.S. military forces sent to the scene of the attack. Commandos were dispatched from Europe to an air field in Sigonella, Sicily, but by the time they got there the attack in Benghazi was over.
Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, though, has defended the military and claimed that taking direct ground action would have been too confusing at the time. Because of the convoluted nature of the situation on the ground, he said that deploying troops there without having real-time information would have been too hazardous.
And that's the real point. PEOPLE ARE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS AND DON'T HAVE ALL THE FACTS....LET THE FULL INVESTIGATION CONCLUDE BEFORE YOU ASSUME WHAT HAPPENED!

Well, I don't expect you righty's to understand that.

Good luck.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by markroxny View Post
I actually agree with Geraldo here.

http://youtu.be/EX-wEEEaQ-I
Geraldo is a left wing wackjob. It's not surprising you agree with him.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I would agree to a rational slow analysis of what happened and that will probably still occur. However, the idiots in the White House brought this on themselves by trying to lie and downplay the event. So the have no right to complain. If people had confidence that they would be honest and provide the facts this would not be an issue.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #12
markroxny
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Geraldo is a left wing wackjob. It's not surprising you agree with him.
And what is your critique of what Condi said? She's not a left wing wackjob is she?
Old 10-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Libya was a presidential and political fuck up. No real investigation will prove it to be otherwise.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

News flash; Geraldo IS NOT right wing !

Neither is Condi !
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #15
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
I would agree to a rational slow analysis of what happened and that will probably still occur. However, the idiots in the White House brought this on themselves by trying to lie and downplay the event. So the have no right to complain. If people had confidence that they would be honest and provide the facts this would not be an issue.
you agree to a slow and rarional analysis then expect an immediate honest answer ... got it.
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women