Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 258
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70649
biomed162188
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453190
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48301
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37165
Mokoa36490
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #1
lovesallsex
Gaining Momentum

Default Cancelled Movie Release of The Interview.

Am I the only one who is irked that Sony decided to cancel the release of The Interview because of threats from that North Korean midget coward, made through his anonymous cronies?

I get the worry about harm to patrons, and I respect that, but C'mon!!

I was really looking forward to going to that movie with my T shirt that has a pic of KJU with a red circle around his face and a diagonal line thru it. LOL
lovesallsex is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
The Sixth Beatle
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 42
Default As I see it...

The problem is that once you begin bowing to the demands of one group, where does it end? There are people in the world right now that are willing to kill people over a Seth Rogen/James Franco movie and the contents of a newpaper/magazine cartoon. Freedom of expression for artists and the right to see whatever art we choose is under fire and it could be much, much worse in the future.
The Sixth Beatle is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #3
BigDeal
Premium Access

Encounters: 68

I don't think it had as much to do with safety as I do that
The Sony hackers had some seriously embarrassing stuff that Sony thought might get released if they didn't pull the plug. Think about the damage of all the email and payroll leaks as well as confidential files and personal info.
Which as a result would have landed them in court even worse...with lawsuits
In the end I say I say Fuck North Korea nuke their Kimchi eating asses
and then announce the release and next week put it in theaters!

We may never know
BigDeal is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
lovesallsex
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeal View Post
The Sony hackers had some seriously embarrassing stuff that Sony thought might get released if they didn't pull the plug. Think about the damage of all the email and payroll leaks as well as confidential files and personal info.

We may never know
Good point, and that may have been a BIG part of it. Hadn't really thought about that aspect. But Sony has got to realize that whether they release the movie or not, these nutjobs probably won't restrain themselves from releasing the information anyway, or distributing it to some other organization that will. Either way, it's probably going to happen, so Sony might as well release the movie and make some $ to pay for all those lawyers.

I have a feeling that if Sony did release the movie, a lot of people would go see it who wouldn't normally have gone. I thought it looked insipid when I saw the first trailer for it, and I may not have gone to see it, but because of all the stink from North Korea, I'd DEFINITELY go see it now if it were released!

I hope that we can all appreciate that things are said in seemingly private emails that we might not say in public. It's not ideal, but it's human nature. I hear the things that have been revealed and although I might not like what I hear, I realize that we all make off color comments in private, so I kind of shrug it off--to an extent.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
BigDeal
Premium Access

Encounters: 68

I spent time in Korea in the military....I personally think at some point there will be a war
BigDeal is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:38 PM   #6
lovesallsex
Gaining Momentum

Maybe. Technically, the conflict is ongoing to this day. There was never a peace treaty, just a truce, which by definition is a temporary cessation in fighting, so you could be right. I hope not.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #7
amyoto
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

you also have to consider that North Korea has nukes and its not worth going to war over a movie that looks mediocre in the first place.
amyoto is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #8
thebuffmantraples
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4
Default its the principle of it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyoto View Post
you also have to consider that North Korea has nukes and its not worth going to war over a movie that looks mediocre in the first place.
I'm just retouching what you guys have stated overall.
Its about the principal not to bend to retarded demands, Sony probably bowing cause of their stolen shit not the safety of anybody else, I'm sure we will respond in kind as a country. Fuck them bastards!

War is a horrible thing but living without the freedom they want to take,well, let's go to
thebuffmantraples is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #9
amyoto
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

dont get me wrong though. if i was sony i wouldnt have given in at all. in fact i would release the movie online for free. id put that shit all over youtube.
amyoto is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:46 PM   #10
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesallsex View Post
Am I the only one who is irked that Sony decided to cancel the release of The Interview because of threats from that North Korean midget coward, made through his anonymous cronies?

I get the worry about harm to patrons, and I respect that, but C'mon!!

I was really looking forward to going to that movie with my T shirt that has a pic of KJU with a red circle around his face and a diagonal line thru it. LOL
c'mon what?? Did you think this through?

1st
Major movie chains, AMC, rejal,etc, told sony they would not carry the interview

2nd
if sony didnt budge and released the movie as planned, and something happened, who do you blame?

Sony is already under suit for the information that was hacked,ie some 42K employee, Social Security numbers, salaries, performance reviews and personal medical information.
what was the benifet to Sony to go ahead and release the movie?
when it does get released, are you not going to see it?
Of course you will see it, now more than ever you want to see what all the hype was about,.
Sony did the right thing, to cover their butt, and get people to want to see this movie.
bigcockpussylicker is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #11
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyoto View Post
dont get me wrong though. if i was sony i wouldnt have given in at all. in fact i would release the movie online for free. id put that shit all over youtube.
oh yeah,I wonder if it's thinking like that has led you to not be in charge of sony and left to post on hooker boards
Old 12-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #12
The Sixth Beatle
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Big Deal, I must respectfully (kind of) disagree. If you think like a lawyer (which comprise a lot of the top brass at Sony), you'll see the potential liabilities of going forward with any kind of release. Remember that there were a number of lawsuits that went forward after the theater shootings at the "Dark Knight Rises" Premiere (http://rt.com/news/shooting-dark-kni...er-aurora-654/). They were able to defend the suits by asserting they had no way to reasonably expect what happened (the shooting). Sony Pictures would have no such defense after being warned.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #13
lovesallsex
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker View Post

1st
Major movie chains, AMC, rejal,etc, told sony they would not carry the interview

2nd
if sony didnt budge and released the movie as planned, and something happened, who do you blame?

Sony is already under suit for the information that was hacked,ie some 42K employee, Social Security numbers, salaries, performance reviews and personal medical information.
what was the benifet to Sony to go ahead and release the movie?
when it does get released, are you not going to see it?
Of course you will see it, now more than ever you want to see what all the hype was about,.
Sony did the right thing, to cover their butt, and get people to want to see this movie.
The cowardice of the theater chains is part of my frustration. The lawsuits are baseless and completely defensible. All the theaters have to do is announce that patrons can view the movie at their own risk and let each individual assess the risk/benefit for himself. Any lawsuits filed will be defended under their liability insurance for which Sony or the theaters have already paid in premiums long since purchased. Is there risk? Some, yes. But in balance, it's not worth the cost of giving in to extortion.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #14
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sixth Beatle View Post
Big Deal, I must respectfully (kind of) disagree. If you think like a lawyer (which comprise a lot of the top brass at Sony), you'll see the potential liabilities of going forward with any kind of release. Remember that there were a number of lawsuits that went forward after the theater shootings at the "Dark Knight Rises" Premiere (http://rt.com/news/shooting-dark-kni...er-aurora-654/). They were able to defend the suits by asserting they had no way to reasonably expect what happened (the shooting). Sony Pictures would have no such defense after being warned.
which is what I mentioned
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker View Post

2nd
Old 12-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #15
The Sixth Beatle
Lifetime Premium Access

Also, I couldn't help reading President Obama's criticizing Sony's decision, saying they should have spoken to him first. One, if the President of the United States has something important to add to an issue, he/she shouldn't have to wait to be asked. The President should have used his channels to send a message to Sony execs in the US or Japan to communicate whatever it is he wanted them to know/do prior to establishing policy.

Second, what would he do? Indemnify them? How? Increase sanctions against North Korea? The ROK has already denied any involvement with the terrorist group that has authored the security attacks and threats.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women