Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 259
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70659
biomed162262
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453207
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48347
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
Rock'er
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27
Default Dallas earthquake

Did anyone else just feel an earthquake here in Dallas? I did. Checked online and it looks like it was centered in Northern Oklahoma
Rock'er is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock'er View Post
Did anyone else just feel an earthquake here in Dallas? I did. Checked online and it looks like it was centered in Northern Oklahoma
It was a 3.3 magnitude trembler centered in Irving, near the old Texas Stadium site.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2...s-irving.html/
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:39 PM   #3
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

You amateurs . Come to California and feel a real one.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:25 AM   #4
Mariah Moore
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 9765
My ECCIE Reviews

I felt nothing wow
Mariah Moore is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:24 AM   #5
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

A very appropriate post from the OP, considering his handle...
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:26 AM   #6
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
You amateurs . Come to California and feel a real one.
True that!

My late father never forgot his 1971 initiation into the "big leagues."

While growing up in cosmopolitan Waco, he probably never even heard of earthquakes. Much later, after my parents were divorced, he moved from Dallas to the L.A. area and lived there for a few years in the late 1960s and early '70s. The San Fernando earthquake of 1971 shattered the silence at about 6 a.m. Dad told us later that he thought we were under attack by the Soviets, and that this was the end!

That quake registered 6.6 on the Richter scale. Lest someone think that's "only twice" as strong as last night's 3.3-rated Irving event, that's not how it works. The Richter Scale is logarithmic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale
Old 11-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #7
oldbutstillgoing
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

We get them several times a year.
oldbutstillgoing is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #8
Papa Noel
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
It was a 3.3 magnitude trembler centered in Irving, near the old Texas Stadium site.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2...s-irving.html/
This article is just full of misconceptions, hysteria and plain old BS. No oil company would do a "frac job" at 9:00 pm, It is just too potentially dangerous. I would also suspect that there are TRRC rules against it. When you are fracing a formation, you will have an "open hole." This is when the well bore is open to the atmosphere. If a well was to blow out at that time.....then the potential for a catastrophic explosion is much greater because of the electric lights used to light the work spaces. So frac jobs are only done in the day time. Second, the noise. The engines used to run the pumps during a frac job are loud as hell. So again they are going to do it during the daytime....less complaints and probably TRRC rules and regulations.

The studies that were done over around Azle, confirmed what most oil fields rats like me knew for a long time......the earthquakes were/are probably caused by the disposal of formation water back underground. When you produce oil and gas, you also produce formation water. My dad and his generation just called it "salt water." Oil companies cant dump it in a river, etc. They would have to treat it, to make it pure, and that is expensive. So the TRRC lets them pump it back down to the formation that it came out of. Every so often around the oil field, one of the wells that doesn't produce much gas or oil is made into a disposal well.

Hydraulic fracturing has been round for 100 years......it is not something new. It is a pretty standard technique in the completion of all oil and gas wells. But that is all it is, a technique or process...one of many used in the process of drilling an oil or gas well.
Papa Noel is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #9
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Noel View Post
This article is just full of misconceptions, hysteria and plain old BS. No oil company would do a "frac job" at 9:00 pm, It is just too potentially dangerous. I would also suspect that there are TRRC rules against it. When you are fracing a formation, you will have an "open hole." This is when the well bore is open to the atmosphere. If a well was to blow out at that time.....then the potential for a catastrophic explosion is much greater because of the electric lights used to light the work spaces. So frac jobs are only done in the day time. Second, the noise. The engines used to run the pumps during a frac job are loud as hell. So again they are going to do it during the daytime....less complaints and probably TRRC rules and regulations.
Huh??

Where did anyone say anything about conducting fracking operations at 9 p.m.?

The Dallas Morning News piece merely said that the earthquake occurred a little after 9 p.m. last night. That was nothing whatsoever to do with the time of day that fracking may have previously occurred in the general area.

A significant period of time can elapse between fracking, the cessation of drilling-related wastewater disposal activity, and earthquake occurrence in a given area.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #10
Majestycctx
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 18308
My ECCIE Reviews

I hope that doesnt happen when I visit later this week. But then it's on my bucket list to experience an earthquake. I was wondering if any of yall felt it and what it was like.

Do you think fracking caused it?

Maybe I will get to experience an earthquake when the Cowboys spank the Eagles on Thursday!! I can't wait to experience my 1st football game. Who's going and who wants to buy me drinks? lol

See you all soon DFW!!!
Majestycctx is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #11
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Whaaaaa?

And I wanted to experience a tornado when I moved to Texas.

An earthquake, a real one anyways caused by fault lines and not the stuff North Texas has had of late, is not something most sane people desire to experience. Having personally experienced the Northridge Quake all you want is it to be over.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #12
Tara Evans
Account Disabled

User ID: 679
My ECCIE Reviews

Wow scary
Tara Evans is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:15 PM   #13
threepeckeredbillygoat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Next thing you know they are gonna be saying the big ones coming and half of Texas is going to fall off into the gulf. I've heard that shit about California since I was a child.
threepeckeredbillygoat is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #14
Hellion437
Account Disabled

Encounters: 70

Apologies. I was with a young lady and I made the earth move.

My bad.
Hellion437 is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #15
oldbutstillgoing
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

The stomping of feet at LSU stadium in baton rouge has shown up as a semantic event on USGS sensors.
oldbutstillgoing is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women