Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70775
biomed163105
Yssup Rider60754
gman4453284
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48615
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42431
CryptKicker37208
The_Waco_Kid36888
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38
Default Your First Live Concert And Most Memorable?

I am sure everyone remembers their 1st live concert.

Mine was "James Brown - The Hardest Working Man in Show Bidness". That's right I said "Bidness". I was 13 and my uncles took me to some arena in Detroit or Flint, Michigan.

Some Of My Most Memorable:
  • Prince - Controversy Tour - ticket was $13.00 (Saw him about 7 times in my life)
  • Michael Jackson - Bad Tour - Saw him with The Jacksons also
  • Michael Franks - About 6 times
  • Grover Washington Jr.
  • David Sandborn
  • Guns and Roses
  • Aerosmith
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Mine was:

Jackson 5(1971)
Kool Jazz Festival, Stevie Wonder(1974)
Kool Jazz Festival, Earth, Wind & Fire(1975)
Quincy Jones, Brothers Johnson(1976)
Isley Brothers, Graham Central Station, Hamilton Bohannon(1977)
Isley Brothers(forgot who else was with them)(1978)
Earth, Wind & Fire(1979)
Isley Brothers, Gap Band(1980)
Prince, The Time, Zapp & Roger(1981)
Prince, Vanity 6, The Time(1982)
Isley Brothers, Midnight Star(1983)
Prince & The Revolution, Sheila E.(Purple Rain Tour, 1985
Jeffrey Osborne, Ashford & Simpson, Maze(1986)
Prince(1988)
Rippingtons(1997)

I'm sure there are a few more but these stand out to be the most memorable. And I've always wanted to see rock groups like Journey and Van Halen back in the day but being around a group of rowdy(and possibly racist) white folks kept me from going. I would go see them now though.
kerwil62 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

The first was a combo.. The Beach Boys, and Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
The best were Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, all 18 times
Of the literally hundreds I saw some of the best were;
Van Halen
Led Zepplin
Ted Nugent
The Allman Brothers
Edgar Winter
Journey
Eric Clapton
Traffic
Billy Joel
Rush
Yes
Eagles
Chicago
Santana
Blue Oyster Cult
38 Special
Doobie Brothers
Paul McCartney
J Geils
Earth, Wind, and Fire
Genesis
Black Sabath
Molly Hatchet
And a whole shit load more, growing up only an hour and a half from both NYC, and Philladelphia, we went to concerts at least every other week, alng with going to Saratoga Springs, and Binghamton New York, to see shows
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
Peter Goesinya
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

The Beatles - September 1965 Civic Arena
Rock & Roll Revue - December 1965 - featuring James Brown, Little Richard and a host of others. Little Richard was over the top.

Jimmy Buffett - about 7 times
Peter Goesinya is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
rockerrick
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

Mine is the same for 1st and most memorable .
Led Zeppelin - 1977 Los Angeles Forum !
rockerrick is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Electric Light Orchestra........1977....The Summit..........Spaceship tour after Out of the Blue was recorded.

DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Encounters: 41

FIRST CONCERT
Donny & Marie Osmond at Houston Rodeo (1975 I think)

FIRST REAL ROCK CONCERT
AC/DC & YNGWIE MALMSTEEN at Astroworld 1985

SOME OF MY FAVES
CLASH OF THE TITANS (MEGADETH,SLAYER,ANTHRAX) at the Summit 1989
HEAVEN & HELL w/Dio (RIP) at Cynthia Woods Pavilion 2005
IRON MAIDEN at Cynthia Woods 2003
HELLOWEEN/OMEN at Engine Room 2004
ROGER WATERS 2012
BOB SEGER 2012

BANDS I WISH I SEEN
BEATLES
THE WHO
PINK FLOYD
JIMI HENDRIX
OZZY with RHANDY RHODES
zerodahero is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #8
zerodahero
Account Frozen

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
Electric Light Orchestra........1977....The Summit..........Spaceship tour after Out of the Blue was recorded.

ELO awesome!
zerodahero is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #9
Smoke2nd
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Kiss in The Summit Houston 1979 was the first.
Some that were very memorable..
Rush 5 times
Journey
Eagles
Ozzy with Randy Rhodes
Black Sabbath with Dio
Stones
Scorpions
Iron Maiden
Uncle Ted Nugent
Styx
Robert Plant
Zz Top several times
A few more...
Smoke2nd is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
Guest021824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 102

This could be a long list............lol

First concert I attended was the Commodores and LTD. This was in either 76/77. LTD had Love Ballad........Tickets were $5.00
That was the first paid concert. Went to many free concerts in the park and saw all sorts of bands.

Saw the PFUNK tour dozens of times...Parliament/Fuckadelic and Bootsy Collins. Saw Bootsy once, he was high out of his mind. He had that jam, Body Slam.......He came out sung the first verse......sang Hit Me....And passed the fuck out......The band didn't miss a beat........LOL

Was all set to see Led Zepplin in 1980 when they were heading to Houston. But, John Paul Jones died and all shows were canceled.

Have seen prince dozens of times as well. The first time I saw prince was in Lake Charles. He opened for Peabo Bryson and Teddy Pendergras head lined the show.

Prince came out and song 4 songs....No videos back then......so everyone was shocked he was so short and wearing hip hugger boots with bikini panties and a rain coat. He was actually booed............Mainly because the crowd was there to see Teddy.

Saw a tour of Rufus w/Chaka Khan headlining......HeatWave and Stargard. This too was around 77 when Heatwave was burning up the charts with Always and Forever.

Heatwave turned it out.........when Chaka Khan came out she was high out of her mind too.....She was getting pissed with the crowd and cussing them becasue they started leaving when they saw her stumbling all over th place.........Man, those big titties fell out of that top and everybody ran to the stage......after a while I thought she was doing it on purpose.........I still remember those titties.....lol

81' Saw AC/DC and the Rolling Stones, Scorpions and other bands at Texas Jam in Dallas.......During the Back in Black album.

That was one of the best concerts I ever been to.........

Back in I believe either 89/90...............Van Halen was suppose to do a show in Dallas and had to cancel. They promised to make it up to dallas. About a year later.....the big rock station said Friday there is going to be a free concert downtown in the West End....be there at 5pm

Anyone familiar with Dallas traffic and the Mixmaster know how crazy traffic is around that time.

Downtown Dallas was packed to the gills...........A helicopter landed and it was Van Halen.
The radio station kept it a secret until the show...didn't warn the city or city police.........They had no warning....Van Halen song about 8 songs and left..........flew out on the helicopter.....All the DJ's and the radio station owner was arrested on the spot......lol

They had to pay the city for the overtime and was fined...it was crazy.....I was young and crazy back then and right in the mix.....lol

Saw the Elements....Earth, Wind and Fire twice. They put on a great show and sounded just like the record....great show....I miss Maurice White........got Parkinson's

Saw the Jackson 5 several times as well as the Jacksons during the fucked up Houston Victory tour.

I took photos at the Jackson 5 show, was right up on the stage. This was when Shake your body down to the ground was out. They all had Afro's......

Many years later after little Michael became Michael Jackson.........my daughter had my old concert photo album out......I showed her that photo of Michael.....She says "that's not Michael Jackson".....That's a black guy.................LOL

Gone to many blues...Jazz...Rock , Zydeco and R&B shows over the years.....There is nothing like live music.

People that can sing and actually play instruments can't get radio play anymore.....It's really sad.
Guest021824 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
Liliana Vess
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 168138

All my teen age times were spent seeing local/regional non-famous bands. Just enjoying the live experience with no expectations and killing the pit was amazing. I wouldn't trade any large name band in the world for that experience.

The first large venue name known band experience I had was Depeche Mode and it was sublime. I love Depeche...and reaching out and touching faith with my fellow concert goers was an illuminating experience. Lighting a lighter to 'Somebody' was amazing..it was all about the crazy personal longing and knowing others felt the same.
Liliana Vess is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULMANIKE View Post
This could be a long list............lol

First concert I attended was the Commodores and LTD. This was in either 76/77. LTD had Love Ballad........Tickets were $5.00
That was the first paid concert. Went to many free concerts in the park and saw all sorts of bands.

Saw the PFUNK tour dozens of times...Parliament/Fuckadelic and Bootsy Collins. Saw Bootsy once, he was high out of his mind. He had that jam, Body Slam.......He came out sung the first verse......sang Hit Me....And passed the fuck out......The band didn't miss a beat........LOL

Was all set to see Led Zepplin in 1980 when they were heading to Houston. But, John Paul Jones died and all shows were canceled.

Have seen prince dozens of times as well. The first time I saw prince was in Lake Charles. He opened for Peabo Bryson and Teddy Pendergras head lined the show.

Prince came out and song 4 songs....No videos back then......so everyone was shocked he was so short and wearing hip hugger boots with bikini panties and a rain coat. He was actually booed............Mainly because the crowd was there to see Teddy.

Saw a tour of Rufus w/Chaka Khan headlining......HeatWave and Stargard. This too was around 77 when Heatwave was burning up the charts with Always and Forever.

Heatwave turned it out.........when Chaka Khan came out she was high out of her mind too.....She was getting pissed with the crowd and cussing them becasue they started leaving when they saw her stumbling all over th place.........Man, those big titties fell out of that top and everybody ran to the stage......after a while I thought she was doing it on purpose.........I still remember those titties.....lol

81' Saw AC/DC and the Rolling Stones, Scorpions and other bands at Texas Jam in Dallas.......During the Back in Black album.

That was one of the best concerts I ever been to.........

Back in I believe either 89/90...............Van Halen was suppose to do a show in Dallas and had to cancel. They promised to make it up to dallas. About a year later.....the big rock station said Friday there is going to be a free concert downtown in the West End....be there at 5pm

Anyone familiar with Dallas traffic and the Mixmaster know how crazy traffic is around that time.

Downtown Dallas was packed to the gills...........A helicopter landed and it was Van Halen.
The radio station kept it a secret until the show...didn't warn the city or city police.........They had no warning....Van Halen song about 8 songs and left..........flew out on the helicopter.....All the DJ's and the radio station owner was arrested on the spot......lol

They had to pay the city for the overtime and was fined...it was crazy.....I was young and crazy back then and right in the mix.....lol

Saw the Elements....Earth, Wind and Fire twice. They put on a great show and sounded just like the record....great show....I miss Maurice White........got Parkinson's

Saw the Jackson 5 several times as well as the Jacksons during the fucked up Houston Victory tour.

I took photos at the Jackson 5 show, was right up on the stage. This was when Shake your body down to the ground was out. They all had Afro's......

Many years later after little Michael became Michael Jackson.........my daughter had my old concert photo album out......I showed her that photo of Michael.....She says "that's not Michael Jackson".....That's a black guy.................LOL

Gone to many blues...Jazz...Rock , Zydeco and R&B shows over the years.....There is nothing like live music.

People that can sing and actually play instruments can't get radio play anymore.....It's really sad.
Yep, true dat bruh!

Back in the day, it was fun to go to concerts. Especially R&B ones!

I would've loved to have went to that Rufus/Chaka concert back then to see her titties fall out of that top. Nobody at my school talked about it so I assumed they didn't go to the show.

I forgot to add these shows to my list:
Parliament/Funkadelic, BarKays, Cameo(1978)
Gerald & Eddie Levert "The Father/Son Tour"(2005)
Old 02-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #13
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Anybody seen Sade??? I heard she puts on a helluva good show!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #14
gnadfly
Account Disabled

My first concert was 1976(?) at Tarrant County Convention center with Ted Nugent and Foriegner.

My most memorable was 1984(?) at Bronco Bowl in Dallas with The Clash. I still have the t-shirt.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #15
tyboy1
Premium Access

Encounters: 33

Ike and Tina Turner Revue at the Northridge skating rink in 1965, hey they all started somewhere.
Northridge is in Los Angeles.
tyboy1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women