Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 272
George Spelvin 257
sharkman29 254
Top Posters
DallasRain70612
biomed161957
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453162
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48220
pyramider46370
bambino41201
CryptKicker37151
Mokoa36489
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #1
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Surprised this hasn't been posted yet....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/i...-dies-25133836

First, this is a tragedy for both the victim and the girl.

But beyond that, a serious question: does this change your thoughts on guns? For me it makes no change on my thoughts about "ownership", but how young is too young from a safty perspective, and since we legislate certain levels of safety for cars (age for a drivers license being but one), does/how this carry over to guns? Does this change any of that?
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

NOPE!
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
RandB fan
Valued Poster

Sounds to me like the instructor failed to do his job and follow guidelines for keeping the firearm under control. When all is said and done I think the child is the one you should be concerned about This will leave a scar on her emotionally for the rest of her life because she should have been spotted and the firearm kept under control I did notice he had his hand on the bottom of the gun in video?. .
What a way to remember your family vacation. My prayers to the victim's family and hers

Did you notice she hit the target so it wasn't her first rodeo.
RandB fan is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Sounds typical Arizona bull shit letting a nine year old from the east fire a fully automatic weapon.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:42 PM   #5
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

No this incident doesn't change my opinion on guns. I feel terrible for the little girl. I can't imagine what it would feel like to have to live with what happened, especially at such a young age.

The parents are complete morons. If they want to let their daughter learn how to shoot, I say that is terrific, but for fuck's sake, start her on a gun that appropriate to her size and strength, not a fully automatic Uzi!!

And to be blunt, I don't care how conscientious the instructor was every other day of his life. On THIS day, he was a moron who failed to position himself correctly behind the girl, and failed to maintain control of the situation.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #6
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

I feel sorry for the girl. The adults that should have been looking out for her weren't.

As for the guy? Darwinism at work.

What on earth would make someone think that firing an Uzi on full auto would be a good thing for a 9 year old to be doing?

At what age do you stop? 7? 5? When they are still in diapers?
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:20 AM   #7
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

The instructor was at fault. As I watched the video I kept wondering when he was going to get behind the shooter, but he never did. Doesn't change anything for me.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:22 AM   #8
RALPHEY BOY
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

I learned how to shoot a shotgun at 5 years old, had my first 20 Gauge at 9 yrs old, got my first 7mm Remington Mag Left Handed with the Leopold high power scope at 12 years old. Not once have I had any such issues. Its not the girls fault, or the Parents. I blame the Instructor

My father was very strict when it came to guns. He taught me at 4 years old GUNS are not toys. I will never forget he beat my ass when I was in 7th grade for bringing a loaded gun into the Deer camp.
RALPHEY BOY is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #9
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/i...-dies-25133836

First, this is a tragedy for both the victim and the girl.

But beyond that, a serious question: does this change your thoughts on guns? For me it makes no change on my thoughts about "ownership", but how young is too young from a safty perspective, and since we legislate certain levels of safety for cars (age for a drivers license being but one), does/how this carry over to guns? Does this change any of that?
From a safety perspective, I think she was too young. Her parents should have been involved in her gradual progression up the chain of difficulty. Automatics tend to be prone to that sort of problem, and the instructor should have been more cautious. I could see a law restricting automatics to no one under 16, but every situation is different. It really shows how the government just can't stop every bad thing from happening, so the price of freedom is messy and painful, and this is one manifestation of it.
Clearly, 16 year old drivers cause more death and mayhem than 9 year old girls with guns.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #10
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

What is really sad though, is that this isn't the first time something like this has happened. There was an incident several years ago where an 8 year old boy was allowed to shoot an Uzi at a gun show. The gun recoiled and the boy lost control of it, and accidentally shot himself in the head.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27399337/n.../#.U_9DK_mwJcQ

One would think that one cautionary tale would be enough.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:44 AM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
. It really shows how the government just can't stop every bad thing from happening, so the price of freedom is messy and painful, and this is one manifestation of it.
Clearly, 16 year old drivers cause more death and mayhem than 9 year old girls with guns.
Finally your slave fucking ass said something intelligent.....explain that concept to boardman and LexusLiar as it pertains to ISIS.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #12
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh View Post
What is really sad though, is that this isn't the first time something like this has happened. There was an incident several years ago where an 8 year old boy was allowed to shoot an Uzi at a gun show. The gun recoiled and the boy lost control of it, and accidentally shot himself in the head.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27399337/n.../#.U_9DK_mwJcQ

One would think that one cautionary tale would be enough.
Are you wanting the government to do something or not?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #13
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

No. It is the parents who are the morons. It is not the government's job to save people from their own stupidity.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:02 AM   #14
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh View Post
No. It is the parents who are the morons. It is not the government's job to save people from their own stupidity.
agreed....though the slippery slope is always saving the child from ignorant parents.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #15
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
agreed....though the slippery slope is always saving the child from ignorant parents.
Holy shit. I didn't think that was possible

BT-dub, I'm fucking with you. Our politics really aren't that far apart, but smart assery doesn't always come through very well on the internet.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women