Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70707
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60356
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48435
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41498
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35872
Mojojo33117

Old 02-21-2015, 03:09 PM   #1
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Please Don’t Thank Me for My Service

Interesting...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ple...n?ocid=U221DHP
Many people, it turns out. Mike Freedman, a Green Beret, calls it the “thank you for your service phenomenon.” To some recent vets — by no stretch all of them — the thanks comes across as shallow, disconnected, a reflexive offering from people who, while meaning well, have no clue what soldiers did over there or what motivated them to go, and who would never have gone themselves nor sent their own sons and daughters.
To these vets, thanking soldiers for their service symbolizes the ease of sending a volunteer army to wage war at great distance — physically, spiritually, economically. It raises questions of the meaning of patriotism, shared purpose and, pointedly, what you’re supposed to say to those who put their lives on the line and are uncomfortable about being thanked for it.
Mr. Garth, 26, said that when he gets thanked it can feel self-serving for the thankers, suggesting that he did it for them, and that they somehow understand the sacrifice, night terrors, feelings of loss and bewilderment. Or don’t think about it at all.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:15 PM   #2
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

He's probably right. It's like when people ask how you are doing and most people just answer 'doing good' or whatever and it's usually not the truth, just a knee-jerk answer.
UnderConstruction is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:58 PM   #3
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

No different than doing something nice for a little old lady at the grocery store.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:34 PM   #4
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderConstruction View Post
He's probably right. It's like when people ask how you are doing and most people just answer 'doing good' or whatever and it's usually not the truth, just a knee-jerk answer.
That's true for the most part. Unless you are related to my uncle Joe, lol. I come from an Italian family Joe will tell ya how it is. I saw him one day at the market. I said hey uncle Joe, he looks at me and says hey jimmie. I asked him how he's been doing. He says My wife, your Aunt is bustin my fucking Cogliones, my daughter your stupid cousin is marrying a friggin looser and I've got a rash so bad on my ass I can't even sit down, but you know me Jimmie, I can't complain, lol.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:29 PM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
No different than doing something nice for a little old lady at the grocery store.
Except these soldiers are not lil lo ladies at the grocery store...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:52 PM   #6
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
That's true for the most part. Unless you are related to my uncle Joe, lol. I come from an Italian family Joe will tell ya how it is. I saw him one day at the market. I said hey uncle Joe, he looks at me and says hey jimmie. I asked him how he's been doing. He says My wife, your Aunt is bustin my fucking Cogliones, my daughter your stupid cousin is marrying a friggin looser and I've got a rash so bad on my ass I can't even sit down, but you know me Jimmie, I can't complain, lol.

Jim
Thank you Dom Irrera!

And, Jimmie, you are SO BUSTED!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:34 PM   #7
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Thank you Dom Irrera!

And, Jimmie, you are SO BUSTED!
I told him that story first, lol.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:37 AM   #8
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Interesting...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ple...n?ocid=U221DHP
Many people, it turns out. Mike Freedman, a Green Beret, calls it the “thank you for your service phenomenon.” To some recent vets — by no stretch all of them — the thanks comes across as shallow, disconnected, a reflexive offering from people who, while meaning well, have no clue what soldiers did over there or what motivated them to go, and who would never have gone themselves nor sent their own sons and daughters.
To these vets, thanking soldiers for their service symbolizes the ease of sending a volunteer army to wage war at great distance — physically, spiritually, economically. It raises questions of the meaning of patriotism, shared purpose and, pointedly, what you’re supposed to say to those who put their lives on the line and are uncomfortable about being thanked for it.
Mr. Garth, 26, said that when he gets thanked it can feel self-serving for the thankers, suggesting that he did it for them, and that they somehow understand the sacrifice, night terrors, feelings of loss and bewilderment. Or don’t think about it at all.
If you say that, and have a "Support the troops" bumper sticker then you have done yout part.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:09 AM   #9
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Well I hope I didn't piss any Liberals off, when I gave ten thousand dollars worth of fishing equipment to"Heroes on the Water".
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:13 AM   #10
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Please don't thank for my service.
I thought this was more WTF "gay shit" he was posting when I saw the headline.

I will thank servicemembers whenever I please, and if they take exception to it, then I will apologize and tell them I'm sorry they feel that way. I just won't buy an alcoholic beverage for them when they are in uniform, even though they probably need or deserve one.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #11
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Well I hope I didn't piss any Liberals off, when I gave ten thousand dollars worth of fishing equipment to"Heroes on the Water".
I wouldn't worry about "liberals," SLOBBRIN. You need to watch out for Jimmy Swaggart's collectors. I hear you're behind in your monthly pledge payments.

This dudes don't fuck around!

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:16 AM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Probably didn't piss them off until they realized ...

.......... it wasn't for them and their "Clean Water Committee"!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #13
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I bet you tried to get a tax deduction for it. If not congrats. If so , fuck off.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:44 AM   #14
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

I will thank servicemembers whenever I please, and if they take exception to it, then I will apologize and tell them I'm sorry they feel that way. I just won't buy an alcoholic beverage for them when they are in uniform, even though they probably need or deserve one.
Why the fuck would you patronize them by tell them you feel sorry for the way they feel? Hopefully one will slap you upside your head and tell you he is sorry for the way your condescending head feels.

How about you vote for politicians that quit using them as the world's police force....or if you believe we should be the world's police force how about you give up your social security benefits to a Vet that has fallen on hard times. You will do neither...you will just keep thanking these guys to make your pathetic self try and feel better about your self serving self.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:14 AM   #15
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Quote:
Except these soldiers are not lil lo ladies at the grocery store...
Says everything you need to know about how he feels. They're definitely not little old ladies.
UnderConstruction is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women