Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-16-2015, 10:29 AM   #1
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1
Default Bruce Lee. the REAL deal

ran across an article discussing whether or not Bruce Lee could succeed in today's MMA or more importantly .. a real street flight without any rules.. opinions vary but the overall verdict is YES. While Lee was not a fighter, i.e. he didn't compete in tournaments like Chuck Norris did, Lee did fight, most famously these examples from the article ..

" .. fought a master in the U.S. who didn't want him to teach to people of non-Asian descent. He won with his Wing Chun skills but didn't think he won fast enough and invented his own martial art. He also destroyed a black belt Karate dude on a YMCA handball court. In 11 seconds. The mat was red. Former student Skip Ellsworth says he "could end any physical confrontation within three or four seconds."

http://www.supercompressor.com/gear/...od-at-fighting

amazing clip of Lee's true punching power which was very underrated. about half way through Lee plays ping pong against one then two opponents .. using nunchucks. Yes .. nunchucks! and he out plays them. they are using regular ping pong paddles FYI.

unreal. he wipes their asses in ping pong using nunchucks. you have to see it to believe it.

Bruce Lee was the REAL DEAL. i'd bet if you asked Norris who's still alive today if Lee could really fight after he stopped laughing he'd say "Hell YEAH!"
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:34 PM   #2
glade55
BANNED

Question

seen that video like a year ago and that's not bruce lee , yes bruce lee was a bad ass ! mma ? doubt it bruce lee had no experience in wrestling and as in most mma & street fights they all end up in the ground
glade55 is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:36 PM   #3
atf searcher
The Ass Fuck Twins

^^^

Yeah today's mma as well as real street fighting involve wrestling (grappling) which Bruce was not a student of. However Bruce was a great athlete and competitor so you can bet if he grew up today he would learn grappling and be extremely good at it. That being said tournament fighting like today's UFC was never an interest of his, he was a student of the art of martial arts striking.
atf searcher is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 03:37 PM   #4
skbinks
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by glade55 View Post
seen that video like a year ago and that's not bruce lee
I watched a documentary on Bruce Lee 2-4 years ago on the history channel. The intro is him, those shots of him with the 1" and 6" punch are him. The ping pong ones are also of him, I don't remember the rest off hand.

It was also talking about him being the "Father Of MMA".

Quote:
Bruce Lee
The notion of cross-training in Jeet Kune Do is similar to the practice of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) in modern times — Bruce Lee has been considered by UFC president Dana White as the "father of mixed martial arts".Many consider Jeet Kune Do to be the precursor of MMA because of its syncretic nature.May 13, 2011
I think what they are saying here isn't that he started it but that he was the inspiration and a lot of the fighters looked to him for that inspiration.

As to whether he could win a major MMA match now.....IMO, if he was still alive and in his prime he would probably go undefeated. But that is just my opinion, we will never know for sure.
skbinks is offline   Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:22 PM   #5
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by glade55 View Post
seen that video like a year ago and that's not bruce lee , yes bruce lee was a bad ass ! mma ? doubt it bruce lee had no experience in wrestling and as in most mma & street fights they all end up in the ground
yes it is Lee. and Lee did have experience in grappling

"Lee learned grappling and was really good at blending them together, making him a formidable opponent on his feet or on the ground."

in the ping pong clip even in black and white you can see he's wearing the famous yellow with black stripe workout suit Quintin Tarantino so famously had Uma Thurmon wear in Kill Bill V1 as a tribute to Lee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf searcher View Post
^^^

Yeah today's mma as well as real street fighting involve wrestling (grappling) which Bruce was not a student of. However Bruce was a great athlete and competitor so you can bet if he grew up today he would learn grappling and be extremely good at it. That being said tournament fighting like today's UFC was never an interest of his, he was a student of the art of martial arts striking.
he was a student of all kinds of fighting styles .. in essence .. he HAD NO STYLE .. making him perhaps the most unique and difficult martial artist of all time to contend with.

by the way .. the "Godfather" of modern grappling is none other than Gene LeBell .. who is a total badass.

let's hear from the man himself on Bruce Lee ..

so your arguments that Lee didn't know grappling and/or wrestling holds no water .. Gene LeBell says so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbinks View Post
I watched a documentary on Bruce Lee 2-4 years ago on the history channel. The intro is him, those shots of him with the 1" and 6" punch are him. The ping pong ones are also of him, I don't remember the rest off hand.

It was also talking about him being the "Father Of MMA".

I think what they are saying here isn't that he started it but that he was the inspiration and a lot of the fighters looked to him for that inspiration.

As to whether he could win a major MMA match now.....IMO, if he was still alive and in his prime he would probably go undefeated. But that is just my opinion, we will never know for sure.
Check! it's Bruce.

now let's again hear from Gene LeBell .. this clip is mostly about Ronda Rousey but he does discuss toward the end if Bruce Lee fought MMA ..

i "slightly" disagree with Gene that Ronda could take Bruce .. but i do think Ronda could take out Mayweather. in MMA, easily.

she'd wipe the ring with him.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:27 PM   #6
skbinks
Valued Poster

Of course Bruce's opponent would have to still be standing and conscious to be able to grapple with him.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:47 PM   #7
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbinks View Post
Of course Bruce's opponent would have to still be standing and conscious to be able to grapple with him.
conscious? not for long ..
tournament martial arts unless you are talking about judo mainly, has no grappling component. Greco-Roman wrestling as an Olympic sport, clearly does. Rousey, by the way .. was an Olympic bronze medalist in Judo. her mother AnnMaria De Mars was the first american to medal in Judo in the Olympics.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:40 AM   #8
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Bruce Lee is dead, and has been dead a long time.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:49 AM   #9
skbinks
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
He's not dead, he's replacing David Letterman on The Late Show when it starts back up in September.

Back in 82 while in the service there was a guy I served with that would get pissed off when someone said Bruce was Dead. It used to be fun to stir the pot and bring it up. Of course he also used to say that Bruce and Elvis were neighbors in Kentucky where they were just trying to hide from the public.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:33 AM   #10
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I can kick Bruce Lee's ass.

Well now I could..........maybe.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:11 PM   #11
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
your taint obsession is offensive. really .. it is .. SICK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
I can kick Bruce Lee's ass.

Well now I could..........maybe.
sure! easy for you to say. how would you prove that? stomp on his grave? then find out he's a zombie when he reaches up and drags yo' god fearing ass to Hell?

Old 06-18-2015, 09:32 PM   #12
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

speaking of Quentin Tarantino and Kill Bill ,, let's not forget he cast two real life martial arts bad asses in the film.
  • Sonny Chiba as Hattori Hanzo: Revered as the greatest swordsmith of all time. Although long retired, he agrees to craft a sword for The Bride when he finds out what vermin she wants to kill.

• Gordon Liu as Johnny Mo: Head general of O-Ren's personal army; the Crazy 88. The Bride fights him several times during the battle at House of Blue Leaves before she apparently kills him. Also ... Master Pai Mei

and of course .. gogo yubari vs the bride. not that either are real martial artists but i just like this scene

Old 06-18-2015, 10:11 PM   #13
atf searcher
The Ass Fuck Twins

In that interview Gene LeBell says Bruce studied wrestling with him for one year. One year is nothing compared to the kind of wrestling and grappling experience today's UFC fighters have. Many UFC fighters were Division I NCAA college wrestlers and then trained in grappling for many years after that with black belt instructors. Some UFC fighters have trained in MMA and grappling since they were old enough to to walk.

Fighting a top ranked UFC fighter Bruce would do OK in stand up but when he got taken down he would loose, and there is no debating that.
atf searcher is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:33 PM   #14
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf searcher View Post
In that interview Gene LeBell says Bruce studied wrestling with him for one year. One year is nothing compared to the kind of wrestling and grappling experience today's UFC fighters have. Many UFC fighters were Division I NCAA college wrestlers and then trained in grappling for many years after that with black belt instructors. Some UFC fighters have trained in MMA and grappling since they were old enough to to walk.

Fighting a top ranked UFC fighter Bruce would do OK in stand up but when he got taken down he would loose, and there is no debating that.
one year with Gene LeBell is worth 7 dog years. and it disproves he did not know non-traditional skills of classic martial arts. he did.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:36 AM   #15
normalguy21
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

I got my hat handed to me by one of this guys understudies .My room mate tried to attend his school .

He was auditioned .

They beat him with cain,s on the legs and yelled you go one inch lower .

I loved every minute of it .Tommy my room mate was beat on the legs so hard and so many times with the cane during his display of his form if you would call it that he has never worm his uniform again .

He had to be helped up the driveway at the house and collapsed at the door .

I knew better than to apply

http://www.mudokwan.at/docs/LeeKHFlyersmallE.pdf
normalguy21 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women