Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70793
biomed163177
Yssup Rider60838
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48632
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42510
CryptKicker37214
The_Waco_Kid36938
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 01-14-2021, 08:05 PM   #1
jmichael
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11
Default Twitter and Facebook

If you feel it's censorship for these tech companies to ban people who they feel don't follow their rules. Is it then censorship for sites, like ECCIE, to ban people who they feel don't follow their rules?
jmichael is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:14 PM   #2
isaywhynot
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

Censorship comes from the government. Private companies can choose their clients. Remember the bakery vs gay wedding case?
isaywhynot is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:12 PM   #3
onawbtngr546
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

It is censorship if I'm kicked out of starbucks for stripping.

It is censorship if I'm kicked out of a mall if I start to do some heil hitler speech.

It is censorship if I get banned from joe's website for inciting people to shoot others.

That is all 100% legal. They are all private platforms.

The type of free speech that is protected is that on a public forum. So if you go to the capitol and peacefully protest, 100% legal. They can't stop you, unless you are being disruptive or violent.

It is 100% legal for them to ban you from twitter if you are a twatter. Twitter isn't the government. An individual person owns twitter. They can kick you out of their house, off of their property, or out of their website.

I can't stand people going 'but muh fre speach!!' when they are using private platforms to be racist on.

Not until there is twitter.gov and facebook.gov.
onawbtngr546 is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:21 PM   #4
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

False strawman but I expected nothing less
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:45 AM   #5
jmichael
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
False strawman but I expected nothing less
That reply makes no sense, afraid to answer the Question? you seem to have a strong opinion in another thread.
jmichael is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:44 AM   #6
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael View Post
That reply makes no sense, afraid to answer the Question? you seem to have a strong opinion in another thread.
It is a false strawman

1. Twitter and Facebook did NOT just ban people for breaking their rules. They banned people for their political idealogy. No rules were broken for the vast majority of conservatives banned

2. Amazon, Google and Apple did NOT conspire to remove Parler from the internet because Parler broke any rules. They conspired to remove Parler because they wanted to ban conservative free speech
Old 01-17-2021, 12:43 PM   #7
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

Quote:
It is a false strawman

1. Twitter and Facebook did NOT just ban people for breaking their rules. They banned people for their political idealogy. No rules were broken for the vast majority of conservatives banned

2. Amazon, Google and Apple did NOT conspire to remove Parler from the internet because Parler broke any rules. They conspired to remove Parler because they wanted to ban conservative free speech
Provide proof and evidence. Make your case, instead of just your usual bitching.
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 05:23 PM   #8
swpa1706
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Another persecuted conservative 🙄 there’s no sense arguing with them, they live in their own world.
swpa1706 is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:38 PM   #9
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
Provide proof and evidence. Make your case, instead of just your usual bitching.
I have given examples. Just in the last couple days, two congresswomen were removed from Twitter. Only after some media found out and raised a stink did Twitter let one back on saying they removed her "in error". The other is currently "suspended" .

The problem is when Twitter purges 70,000 conservative accounts many people don't realize who all have been purged unless they are public figures or well known personalities or someone you follow closely

As to Parler, I provided plenty of proof and evidence.

The problem is the liberals here are consumed with hatred and cheer this censorship on rather than recognizing it as an assault on the rights of all Americans
Old 01-18-2021, 04:48 AM   #10
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

The problem with confirmation bias is that you only need to see a few to create a causal link that suits your narrative. Then beat your chest as being correct. When you see ghosts and goblins everywhere to begin with, every bump in the night becomes proof they exist instead of some of you being able to accept alternate options.
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:29 AM   #11
sjomonty
Account Disabled

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael View Post
If you feel it's censorship for these tech companies to ban people who they feel don't follow their rules. Is it then censorship for sites, like ECCIE, to ban people who they feel don't follow their rules?
The problem is not that they are banning people that dont follow the rules, the problem is that they are not following their own guidelines for everyone across the board. Only certain people with certain ideas are targeted.
sjomonty is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:38 AM   #12
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
It is a false strawman

1. Millions of conservatives and cult members still post on FB every day. In fact, I just read a rant from a cult member today, so for you to say that they banned people for their political ideology is simply a lie, and like your hero, it's one of many that you've told in recent months.

2. You have absolutely no evidence that those companies conspired together, and once again, all of them still have millions of examples of conservative speech, so you're just making shit up, or probably more accurately, parroting lies.

It really is a Cult of Ignorance. In my entire life, I've never seen anything like it.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:16 AM   #13
kajotaene
KelJo

The problem isn't that twitter or Facebook ban people, it's that twitter and Facebook are too big. They control too much of social media. If we had 30 twitters and facebooks or we had an open protocols for our own facebook or twitter 'feeds' (like email), there would be no problem.
kajotaene is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:12 AM   #14
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
The problem with confirmation bias is that you only need to see a few to create a causal link that suits your narrative. Then beat your chest as being correct. When you see ghosts and goblins everywhere to begin with, every bump in the night becomes proof they exist instead of some of you being able to accept alternate options.
As I said - The problem is the liberals here are consumed with hatred and cheer this censorship on rather than recognizing it as an assault on the rights of all Americans. Thanks for proving it over and over
Old 01-18-2021, 11:18 AM   #15
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
1. Millions of conservatives and cult members still post on FB every day. In fact, I just read a rant from a cult member today, so for you to say that they banned people for their political ideology is simply a lie, and like your hero, it's one of many that you've told in recent months.

2. You have absolutely no evidence that those companies conspired together, and once again, all of them still have millions of examples of conservative speech, so you're just making shit up, or probably more accurately, parroting lies.

It really is a Cult of Ignorance. In my entire life, I've never seen anything like it.
Oh look - just as I stated - more proof that the problem is the liberals here are consumed with hatred and cheer this censorship on rather than recognizing it as an assault on the rights of all Americans.

1. Just because some conservatives have not been purged from Twitter or censored doesn't mean that over 70,000 weren't.

2. You obviously have a comprehension issue if you can't understand the evidence showing how Google, Apple and Amazon conspired to remove Parler from the internet in order to silence opposing opinions. All while Amazon was selling shirts that say "Kill All Republicans"

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women