Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26
Default 22-year Veteran Republican Congressman and Vietnam Vet endorses Obama

Larry Pressler Makes the Right Decision - from an article in the Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-...b_1948415.html

As a combat veteran of two tours in Vietnam with twenty-two years of service as a Republican member of the U.S. House and Senate, I endorse President Barack Obama for a second term as our Commander-in-Chief. Candidates publicly praise our service members, veterans and their families, but President Obama supports them in word and deed, anywhere and every time.

As a Vietnam vet, one of the reasons I support President Obama is because he has consistently shown he understands that our commitment to our servicemen and women may begin when they put on their uniform, but that it must never end.

This decision is not easy for any lifelong Republican. In 2008 I voted for Barack Obama, the first time I ever voted for a Democrat, because the Republican Party was drifting toward a dangerous path that put extreme party ideology above national interest. Mitt Romney heads a party remaining on that dangerous path, proving the emptiness of their praise as they abandon our service members, veterans and military families along the way.

What really set me off was Romney's reference to 47% of Americans to be written off -- including any veteran collecting disability like myself, as a post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) veteran.

Behind closed doors with his donors, Romney made clear he'd write off half of America -- including service members and veterans -- because, as he said "I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility for their lives." But there's no greater personal responsibility than to wear your country's uniform and defend the rights we all enjoy as Americans. We don't sow division between "us" versus "them." The Commander-in-Chief sets the bar for all to follow and fight for the entire country.

Mitt Romney fails that test. As a veteran I feel written off.

Just as revealing is what Romney actually says publicly. As a former Foreign Service Officer, I find it offensive that Romney, Congressman Paul Ryan and their Republican Party are politicizing the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other brave Americans who lost their lives in Libya. Being Commander-in-Chief requires a resolve and steadiness that's immune to politics and fear mongering. Mitt Romney fails that test.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
Larry Pressler Makes the Right Decision - from an article in the Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-...b_1948415.html

This decision is not easy for any lifelong Republican. In 2008 I voted for Barack Obama, the first time I ever voted for a Democrat, because the Republican Party was drifting toward a dangerous path that put extreme party ideology above national interest. Mitt Romney heads a party remaining on that dangerous path, proving the emptiness of their praise as they abandon our service members, veterans and military families along the way.

What really set me off was Romney's reference to 47% of Americans to be written off -- including any veteran collecting disability like myself, as a post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) veteran.

Behind closed doors with his donors, Romney made clear he'd write off half of America -- including service members and veterans -- because, as he said "I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility for their lives." But there's no greater personal responsibility than to wear your country's uniform and defend the rights we all enjoy as Americans. We don't sow division between "us" versus "them." The Commander-in-Chief sets the bar for all to follow and fight for the entire country.

Mitt Romney fails that test. As a veteran I feel written off.

Just as revealing is what Romney actually says publicly. As a former Foreign Service Officer, I find it offensive that Romney, Congressman Paul Ryan and their Republican Party are politicizing the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other brave Americans who lost their lives in Libya. Being Commander-in-Chief requires a resolve and steadiness that's immune to politics and fear mongering. Mitt Romney fails that test.
That one line right there that I put in bold is why I went from a Republican years ago to Democrat. The right wingers have gone so far to the extreme right and will and have hurt American's in the process to push their ideologic agendas. It really isn't about helping Americans or America but their idea that they must harm America, make it fail just to oust one man in the oval office who they do not like soley because he is a black man.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Yes, Sensia! If you look closely at the cast of characters in the Republican debate, you realize they were all empty suits and that Romney became the default choice because he had the money to keep going,

He has been on BOTH sides of every important issue for at least the past 15 years and they called Kerry a "Flip-Flopper"!

Romney make Kerry look like a minor leaguer!

And did you notice Pvt. Ryan having to walk back the abortion debate, birth control, Medicare, Social Security, the turning over of the war to the Afghanis, and many other things?

Biden NAILED Romney's little wingman on not specifying the loopholes they would close. It was like McCain's statement about how he could end the Iraq War but wouldn't tell unless he were elected!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Yes, Sensia! If you look closely at the cast of characters in the Republican debate, you realize they were all empty suits and that Romney became the default choice because he had the money to keep going,

He has been on BOTH sides of every important issue for at least the past 15 years and they called Kerry a "Flip-Flopper"!

Romney make Kerry look like a minor leaguer!

And did you notice Pvt. Ryan having to walk back the abortion debate, birth control, Medicare, Social Security, the turning over of the war to the Afghanis, and many other things?

Biden NAILED Romney's little wingman on not specifying the loopholes they would close. It was like McCain's statement about how he could end the Iraq War but wouldn't tell unless he were elected!
Exactly..!
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Artur Davis, democratic congressman and former Obama supporter, spoke at the GOP convention in praise of Mitt Romney. You have one and we have one. In this case 1 +1 = 0 like the value of your post Stevie.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Artur Davis, democratic congressman and former Obama supporter, spoke at the GOP convention in praise of Mitt Romney. You have one and we have one. In this case 1 +1 = 0 like the value of your post Stevie.
I see you're lousy at explaining math as well, Barleybrains. The equation would read 1-1=0!!!!

Your Democrat was a 22-year Congressman and Vietnam vet? LMAO! You know Boss Rove buys them peoples for you to puts on display.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Larry Pressler? Are you serious? I was in South Dakota when he was in the Senate. He was considered, rightfully, the stupidest member of the Senate. It sounds like he hasn't changed much.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #8
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

The notion of YOU questioning ANYBODY'S credibility is laughable, Bitchita Whineman.

Day after day, you flood this forum with bullshit from bullshit sources.

Audacity, for sure. That's why there is no debating you on any topic.

and what were you doing in South Dakota, anyway? Getting away from people?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #9
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Right over your head huh Stevie. Oh and I raise you one rapper http://wild941.cbslocal.com/2012/10/...te-for-romney/ and I'm not done...one drug addled, formerly hot actress LiLo http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywo...an-endorsement
Old 10-13-2012, 01:18 AM   #10
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Bill board courtesy of Tom J Schad (Air Force enlisted).

Former Navy SEAL Team 6 member Ryan Zinke (CDR-R) (U.S. Navy Commander and 23 year veteran), an outspoken critic of President Obama, released the following statement on his Super PAC website:
The President refuses to admit that his policy of appeasement and apology has failed. The murder of our Ambassador and two former Navy SEALs is more than a “bump in the road,” it is a global catastrophe where America is seen as being weak and vulnerable by our enemies. This President has failed to establish a red line for Iran’s nuclear ambitions and has failed to recognize the scale and implications of the attacks against us. Reagan had it right: don’t negotiate with terrorists and recognize the clear and present danger of not being willing to act or lead from the front.

And there's Allen West (LTC-R Army veteran with 21 years service)
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:28 AM   #11
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
You would support the guy who doesn't give a fuck about veterans.

Just like you don't.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:51 AM   #12
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I find it rather amusing that the "statement in bold" can be even more tue by substituting the Democrat s for Republicans..

The only reason I am voting for Romney is because Obama is much more dangerous to the direction we are headed than Romney would ever be.

Remember the Cole, it was yesterday, the birthday of the Navy, the only military force required by the Constitution.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

The truth hurts, doesn't it, Tpunks?
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #14
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Munchie, please take this all the love you would expect-----Fuck you shitbird!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
I see you're lousy at explaining math as well, Barleybrains. The equation would read 1-1=0!!!!

Your Democrat was a 22-year Congressman and Vietnam vet? LMAO! You know Boss Rove buys them peoples for you to puts on display.
Or (-1)+1=0
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women