Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70793
biomed163177
Yssup Rider60818
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48631
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42502
CryptKicker37213
The_Waco_Kid36934
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
Fritz52
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12
Default The Nursing Life

I had to take my mother to the ER a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately, it was nothing serious and she has recovered. While I was there, I noticed that many of the nurses on duty looked pretty haggard and stressed out.

I have noted that some providers, both past and present, were involved in the nursing profession. I am wondering how many ended up in the biz because of the stress of being in the nursing profession. I can imagine that being caught between demanding, perhaps arrogant physicians, and bureaucratic hospital administrators, can be pretty oppressive.
Fritz52 is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Guest061614
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

Having been an RN for some 20+ years, many spent in the operating room as a CV specialty nurse doing open hearts followed by a few years in organ donation, I can testify that, as in many vocations, no matter how much you love your job it will never love you back.

I have "aged out" of the clinical environment. The work has become too demanding
physically what with forced overtime resulting from staff cutbacks. Call demands are insane in most hospitals. ICU's run dangerous patient/nurse ratios. Unlicensed staff have more patient contact now. It used to be that training helped catch small problems before they became big ones, but with nurse techs doing routine vitals etc., they don't have the critical thinking or assessment skills to make good medical decisions. I have transitioned into non-clinical practice with regular hours and no call.

If you believe "non-profit" actually means that, think again. Those facilities are just as ruthlessly pursuing bottom line performance as for profit facilities are. The goals are increased census, decreased costs.

So yes, I have been pushed away from something I loved by an evolving industry. Hobbywise, I was hobbying before and will continue.
Guest061614 is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

Hey budrn, I think I was hangin with that young man that day.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
Nitwitboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

The true beauty of being an RN is that you can do more than just work in the hospital setting. There are so many options.
Nitwitboy is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

In my younger days I crossed paths with a lot of nursing professionals. They could be some of the raunchiest gals I knew. They needed a break from the seriousness of their jobs, and when they got away from the medical setting, they let their hair hang out.

Imagine a nursing student explaining at a cocktail party the intricacies of inserting a catheter on a male patient with an erection. Also, at another party, was first time I saw a cake baked in shape of a penis. Of course, by the time they finish nursing school, all that modesty crap and fear of the naked human body has been thrown so far out the door...

It was just their way of dealing with the stress. A lot of ladies here have a nursing background. I can remember threads where it was discussed how the characteristics of someone who cared for a patient in a medical setting would crossover into a great provider who knew how to care for a guy's needs.

Not going to mention any of the gals here with medical backgrounds, but I can think of at least 3-4 off the top of my head who are still active providers.
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

The contract nurses make more $$$$ and have hospital admins kissing their asses. Met a bunch of them at a hotel in the NE.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
vnurse
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 31
My ECCIE Reviews

Fritz, I can SO appreciate the fact that you paid enough attention to even notice the "condition" of the nurses! My brother has been in and out of the hospital a few times this past year and I know exactly what you mean!

While I TOTALLY and COMPLETELY agree with everything that budrn said, part (a HUGE part) of the reason I got out of clinical nursing was because my parents health began to decline.

Being self-employed gives me the freedom of hours to allow for doc appointments, lab appointments, housekeeping, cooking for the family not living with me, etc, etc.

I keep my license current as well as my continuing education because some day I may get back into it. At this point in time, the hours I have now are demanding...I can't imagine how I would deal with this demanding schedule on top of working 12 hour shifts!

I love the fact that I am a nurse and I wouldn't take for it but I am glad to me a therapist also because it frees me a lot!
vnurse is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #8
Guest061111
Account Disabled

User ID: 334
My ECCIE Reviews

I continue to work full-time as an RN. I don't hobby because of the stress, but I do have a lot of sex to help deal with the stress.

I have noticed a lot of nurses are just frisky and live on the edge. There are tons of them in the swinging lifestyle. Nurses and teachers - very interesting!
Guest061111 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:36 AM   #9
CoHorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

One point... Not everyone wearing scrubs are nurses. Paramedics, Xray techs, respitory techs, lab techs, physicians, and many others are working hard too.
CoHorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:18 AM   #10
vnurse
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

ABSOLUTELY CoHorn! The whole staff thing is just crazy!

As budrn pointed out, more and more non-licensed staff are serving more in direct patient care than ever before.

It's funny, isn't it? Anyone can put on a set of scrubs and look like a medical professional! LOL!

It's a tough line of work these days...

rn_sweetie, you have it right on the nose! I was very active in the lifestyle for many years and it was uncanny how many swingers were nurses! Teachers too! Nurses have always had a reputation for being wild and crazy though....hmmmm.....I wonder why that is?
Old 03-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
pmdelites
consulting for delites

Encounters: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnurse View Post
... I was very active in the lifestyle for many years and it was uncanny how many swingers were nurses! ...
you learn something every day!!!
pmdelites is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #12
slowmover
Premium Access

Encounters: 56

Their job is getting harder and harder. It is about the bottom line. They allocate so much time per person and if it takes longer then that's out of their time. A hospital a friend of mine worked at even sent their recordings to India to be transcribed. Can you imagine the errors? It's a tough profession, but I hope they all know what comfort they provide when we know our sick loved ones are in caring hands. I will remember to make sure I say something next time.

Now the fun side of nursing: When I was in college I volunteered as an orderly at a local hospital. That experience set me on the road to ruin. They were the most healthy, horny, fun loving women I have ever met. I still find that to be true. Drinking coffee out or specimen cups. Fucking in any quasi private closet or room. Watch out especially for the redheads! (hint hint)
slowmover is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #13
vnurse
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

LMAO @ slowmover! Was that YOU?!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:09 AM   #14
pmdelites
consulting for delites

Encounters: 124

so, all those doctor and nursing shows on tv where the people get it on in the supply room and elsewhere are not all that fictional??

like i said, you learn something every day!!

hmmmm, vicki, guess i need to come visit my nurse for some lab work :^)
pmdelites is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #15
vnurse
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Well, I can sure give you a good going over, pm!

I can't say that those "supply room and elsewhere" encounters happen ALL the time but I WILL say that I have seen a few exam rooms, file closets, restrooms, empty patient rooms, in my day!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women