Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
test
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60261
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48406
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41325
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35745
Mojojo33117

Old 09-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
ChrisS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18
Default Proposal to augment eccie

I was stuck out last weekend and was reminded of a problem that eccie can't solve but maybe a shadow existing board could....only for the Austin adorables and last minute schedulers. What if many of us got shadow fb accounts and friended one another? Then, if a gal had time open, she could post a quick status update or could just open it and it would show up online. Not meant to replace this wonderful board but merely to augment it for a while until increased functionality is available.
The advantages for providers would be to give realtime updates if there is a cancellation or if she had some unexpected openings. It would also induce keeping $ w/ Austin providers and not open to BP gals
Advantages for hobbyists would be to find last minute replacements or last minute requests. No details could ever be mentioned and friends would have to be vouched for but could work
If anyone is interested, I'll start the network and can friend some people (pref providers first so they can invite fellas).

Again, stress it is only to augment this board.
ChrisS is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Conducting communication for hobby activities on Facebook? A public socializing site used by practically everyone on the planet?

Really?

Anyone doing such a thing pretty much paints a huge target on their back.

Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
snoopdogg
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

im open to any ideas to augment the hobby
but that one ....wasnt interested

but welcome ALL Ideas
and ALL viewpoints
snoopdogg is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
ChrisS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Np. I work around the mathematics of closed and open loop groups and social media. Really not much of a difference once u "friend" only those u know but understand the hesitancy. Side note, talk about red flags and bullseyes, what do you think an open group like this is? Utr? No controls on who joins? And sees most of the data? Just saying a board like this is open also. Not much of a difference.
ChrisS is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
FWR
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

I'd do it, use a throw away g-mail account to set it up. Set my privacy settings so only friends can see the info. Use this forum to post so we can friend each other, and only those who want to do it, join, others who decide not to, don't have to join
FWR is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
ferdburf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

I would do it as well. Just like FWR says above, use a throw-away e-mail addy to set it up using your handle here, "friend" those who you want to stay abreast of their status. Hell, I've got three, maybe four dummy fb accounts already, I think one for each dummy e-mail addy I use.
ferdburf is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #7
TexRich
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I would like to hear the better half's side on this. I appreciate the thinking outside the box, but I dont think Facebook is the social network you want to use.
TexRich is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
Natalie Reign
Account Disabled

User ID: 3105
My ECCIE Reviews

I love the idea, but I'm wary of using Facebook.

Even if we were to all correctly apply the proper privacy settings to keep our network closed and private, Facebook is notorious for adjusting privacy settings without letting the community know. What's private one day can easily be searchable or even public the next. It happens to my personal account on a regular basis.

What about something like ning.com where we could create a custom social network? Does anyone have any experience with ning? My Google group has already outgrown its platform and I'm thinking of switching that group to ning, so it could serve as a trial. Thoughts?
Natalie Reign is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
Natalie Reign
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Hmmm... nevermind. Ning doesn't allow adult-content social networks anymore. Fail.

http://blog.ning.com/2008/12/the-end-of-the-red-light-district.html

I wonder if it would work as a private "massage therapy" or "life coaching" group? I'm reaching.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
discretionaryincome
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Back when the other site reigned. There was a lot of the adorables bagging on the Craigslist and BP girls. Guys, like myself, said they occasionally used these sites because of last minute scheduling.

I suggested on several occasions that they start a forum for last minute appointments. It was roundly ignored the couple times I suggested it. Why not just have a last minute forum here. Make the ads disappear after 3 hours or so.
discretionaryincome is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #11
Natalie Reign
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

The regional board in San Diego allows the ladies to post 2 ads per day in the Available Today forum. That's a smaller audience, so the bandwidth needed for so many posts wouldn't even approach what ECCIE would need to support the same thing in all of its forums, but the idea works really, really well... especially for traveling ladies who get to edit their availability as needed for a full 24 hours on each ad. I'm still trying to figure out how to make ning.com work.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #12
ThatHarleyGuy
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 50

I like the Available Today Forum idea. That works. It is very frustrating to spend a day trying to reach a lovely from her ad 3 days old, only to find out she had something come up and couldn't work that day, but had no way to adjust her ad placed 3 days ago. I know she could update in a different post in coed, but who really sees an ad and then searches to see if there was another post, in another forum rescinding it? If not that, allow the OP of the Provider Ad to edit her post at will, or add additional posts beneath it with updates or changes to availability.
ThatHarleyGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:59 PM   #13
Kit-4-Kat
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 1399
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatHarleyGuy View Post
I like the Available Today Forum idea. That works. It is very frustrating to spend a day trying to reach a lovely from her ad 3 days old, only to find out she had something come up and couldn't work that day, but had no way to adjust her ad placed 3 days ago. I know she could update in a different post in coed, but who really sees an ad and then searches to see if there was another post, in another forum rescinding it? If not that, allow the OP of the Provider Ad to edit her post at will, or add additional posts beneath it with updates or changes to availability.
The option to edit one's ad at any time is one reason BP got so much biz so quickly. I waited a cpl yrs before giving them a shot, but think the service offered is very flexible and helpful w/ the auto-post, etc... I digress.

An available today forum has been suggested on many occasions. I'm wondering if there is a liability concern by the board owners that hasn't been brought up to squelch further mention. ?? Flexibility adds to efficiency and if ease of use adds membership, would seem a profitable venture to test out for a week or two. That should be long enough to determine feasibility.

I, too, am leary of FB & other networking sites that cater to any group. It would seem we should look at venues/server sites that cater to adult groups first then go from there if not able to stay w/ one definitive source for all our hobby needs.

Safety in numbers? I dunno... just getting scary out there.
Kit-4-Kat is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:11 AM   #14
TxBrandy
Account Disabled

User ID: 5895
My ECCIE Reviews

*waves from down south*

ourhome2.net has something similar in that ladies can post daily or last minute ads. I even had it set up on the bedroom for daily ads that were deleted every morning, (of the next day). Had very positive feedback but just not enough traffic at this time.

With a board the size of this one, may be a logistical nightmare LOL
TxBrandy is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #15
Sensual Sophia
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 146
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrandy View Post
*waves from down south*

ourhome2.net has something similar in that ladies can post daily or last minute ads. I even had it set up on the bedroom for daily ads that were deleted every morning, (of the next day). Had very positive feedback but just not enough traffic at this time.

With a board the size of this one, may be a logistical nightmare LOL
It sounds like that is a good solution. Why don't we all start using "ourhome2.net" for last minute scheduling? If the ladies started posting there, the last minute guys would start checking there. Not suggesting abandoning eccie by any means, just using the feature that is already in place on another board.

Who's with me?
Sensual Sophia is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women