Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70519
biomed161347
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453089
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47933
pyramider46370
bambino40550
CryptKicker37125
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-08-2014, 03:15 PM   #1
LucadeJure
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 46
Default The Economist Article on The World's Oldest Profession

Anybody read the August 9th edition of "The Economist"?

There is a piece entitled "Personal Choice" discussing the futility of governmental attempts to stamp out the world's oldest profession. The author also points out how the internet is making it easier and safer for the sex trade to conduct business.

I wonder how that meeting in the senior editor's office went with the journalist:
"I want an article on hookers. I don't want you quoting a bunch of statistics from the United Nations and the World Health Organization. Go out an do some personal research. Take this voucher over to Accounting and get some cash and get to work!"
LucadeJure is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

More than likely the magazine's IT team saw a fucktard trolling for hookers on the web and brought it to his manager, the editor.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:59 AM   #3
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Link?

How lazy are you....post a query on an article, ask for comments and don't post a link...

http://www.economist.com/news/briefi...bang-your-buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucadeJure View Post
Anybody read the August 9th edition of "The Economist"?

There is a piece entitled "Personal Choice" discussing the futility of governmental attempts to stamp out the world's oldest profession. The author also points out how the internet is making it easier and safer for the sex trade to conduct business.

I wonder how that meeting in the senior editor's office went with the journalist:
"I want an article on hookers. I don't want you quoting a bunch of statistics from the United Nations and the World Health Organization. Go out an do some personal research. Take this voucher over to Accounting and get some cash and get to work!"
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
LucadeJure
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 46

Don't know what I was thinking by not including the link. My apologies.
LucadeJure is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #5
dallaswill
Premium Access

Encounters: 54
Smile

[QUOTE=LucadeJure;1055658356]Anybody read the August 9th edition of "The Economist"?

There is a piece entitled "Personal Choice" discussing the futility of governmental attempts to stamp out the world's oldest profession.

My comment is about the term "world's oldest profession". If it is truly the world's oldest profession and these ladies got paid (thus making them professional)...how the hell did the guys paying them make a living and thus have disposable income to spend?

Did those guys not have a profession that earned them enough that they could spend it on the ladies?

If so, then they had to be professionals first to earn the money to pay the ladies to make them professional.

Therefore, the ladies would have been the 3rd, 4th oldest profession behind workers getting paid to tend animals, harvest crops, build mud huts, etc.

Trading a chicken for a session is bartering and not getting paid and thus cannot be called a professional. The person raising the chicken is not considered a professional chicken farmer any more than the lady gets to considered a professional. Unless the guy raising chickens gets paid for his work, then he is a professional. And then could spend his $ on the ladies, in turn making them a professional. Either way, the guy had to get paid first. IMHO

So, sorry ladies, but in order for you to have been paid, someone had to make the money first, then you got it.
dallaswill is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #6
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 121

A very interesting read...wonder if ECCIE and P411 declined the use of their names. Lots of familiar scenarios in the article.

Reading the Comments was a bit funny...some of those know-it-alls wouldn't last 20 minutes here.
Prolongus is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women