Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
Island_Gent
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44
Exclamation Are You Ready For Some Football...er...Soccer? World Cup/Copa Mundial 2014!

So The World Cup is almost upon us, a little over a month to go(actually 34 Days, 4 Hours and 12 Minutes as of this post) and the big news yesterday was Luiz Felipe Scolari(Big Phil) announced his Brasil world cup 23. A few notable players were left off, namely Kaka, Robinho, Ronaldinho, and surprisingly Miranda. Although to be honest, not really surprised by some of this decision when you consider some of these guys are in their thirties(at least that's what they admit to) and the fact that his side gelled and regained that joga bonito form during the last Confederations Cup eventually winning and spanking the kings of the world España 3 - nil).

The Seleção look like they can do some real damage on their home turf and possibly get a sixth having won 13 of the last 14, although I don't know, it seems unlikely. Spain is still Spain after all and there's Germany and Argentina to get through as well, but you have to trust Big Phil's instincts, he's been here before, remember the flack he got for leaving Romário and the potential Ro-Ro attack(Romário - Ronaldo)off the team in 2002 and his instincts proved correct then.

But enough about Brasil.

Here in the US we may not be as psyched as the rest of the planet in gearing up for the month-long plunge in global worker productivity that comes with world cup time.

This time it turns out that Team USA are kinda buggered with the draw they have. The dreaded Group G, Grupo de la Muerte, the Group Of Death (G.O.D...as in only GOD can help 'em clear the group stage).

GROUP G
Germany
Portugal
Ghana
USA

Germany's the strongest side in this group, and they SHOULD advance( although I thought the same of Italy last time, but nevermind, the Germans SHOULD). The other from this group has me in a bit of a quandary and is REALLY difficult to call.

Portugal is Portugal and has one of, if not the best player on the planet right now, and have been accused of being a one man team. But when the man in question is Cristiano Ronaldo, who's next to impossible to neutralise (ask Barca, although the last Copa del Ray was really the Gareth Bale show), I like their chances.

The Black Stars have been in disarray during qualifying over pay, and I feel have taken a step backward since the last WC, they had a disappointing Africa's Cup of Nation's and Nations Championship's, losing to Libya 3 - 4 on penalties in the Final. They beat the Americans in the round of 16 last go round, and I feel are a real threat to the Americans advancing from group this time again. Anyway, that's what I think, Germany and Portugal from this group, so I'll concur with Nate Silver but I'll hedge and say it's gonna be a tough call. Anything could happen.

Official FIFA site here.

The Excellent Guardian WC site here.

Countdown here.

Do yourself a favour newb, read/listen to Howler then join the conversation!

Cheers!!!
Island_Gent is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:45 AM   #2
Island_Gent
Valued Poster

Talking

31 Days, 22 hours, 15 minutes

Old 05-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
Long nose
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I'm ready for it dvr is ready also
Long nose is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:39 AM   #4
Island_Gent
Valued Poster

Exclamation 17 Days 23 Hours 30 Minutes

Outstanding Champions League clash today...for those who DVR'd like me and assiduously avoided any results, I'll only say the team from Madrid won.

http://www.socceramerica.com/

In US football/soccer news:

Jurgen Klinsmann released his final 23 man squad for Team America(F*ck Yeah!!!). I have to say I'm a little disappointed that Landon Donovan didn't make the cut. For all his contribution to US football/soccer he may have deserved a spot on the roster, especially as Klinsmann well knows that this squad no matter who he puts on the pitch ain't making it out of group. Would have been a classy and deserving send off. But Klinsmann and Donovan have not seen eye to eye on his role on the squad. and Donovan's a little older and heavier, but he's a wizard in the midfield and Klinsmann may have had designs on him playing forward. Either way, it's a shame.

U.S. ROSTER:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (8): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting KC), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Nuremberg), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Moenchengladbach), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo) , Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas), Graham Zusi (Sporting KC)

FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Aron Johannsson (AZ), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes).
Old 05-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #5
Guest071514-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 119544
My ECCIE Reviews

Brazil has to much pride to go easy on their own turf. They have a great team too! Brazil will make final 4 if not all!!!
Guest071514-1 is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:08 PM   #6
Island_Gent
Valued Poster

Default We'll See...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustyamy View Post
Brazil has to much pride to go easy on their own turf. They have a great team too! Brazil will make final 4 if not all!!!
Glad you feel so strongly BA, but play them through using the brackets above. I think they'll finish top of their group, probably meet The Netherlands(is my best guess)in the round of 16.

But their path takes them on a collision course with Spain in the final, my best guess, whom they've actually beaten recently, but not on this big a stage, when it really counts.

Although there is something to be said for home pitch advantage(think France in 1998), and while I abhor Spain, they're still solid and tough to beat.

Enjoy it!

15 Days, 4 Hours, 54 Minutes to go.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #7
DMike
Valued Poster

i doubt Brazil wins ...they couldnt even beat Mexico in London in the Olympics
DMike is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #8
Island_Gent
Valued Poster

Cool I Don't Think So Either, But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMike View Post
i doubt Brazil wins ...they couldnt even beat Mexico in London in the Olympics
Michael Cox from The Guardian WC Blog makes some good points. They could do it.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #9
Island_Gent
Valued Poster

Cool Another Argument For The Hosts...

Nate Silver makes a pretty compelling case for the hosts here (a bit diffuse, but worth the read) and here. But the game is played on the pitch not by algorithm. I'd be overjoyed if it plays out this way though!

1 Day, 4 Hours & 15 Minutes

Seleção!!!!!

Old 06-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #10
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!

Three Lions on my chest;-)

Carry on...
Don't Be Daft! is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #11
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Old 06-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #12
Island_Gent
Valued Poster

Cool It's ON!!! Brasil 3 Croatia 1

Not a GREAT start for the hosts, but they did score 4 goals...LOL

A suspect penalty from a dive in the box, an own goal and shoddy defence were the low points.

I hope they get better as this thing goes on and today was a one off because of nerves.

But, they got the three points, but if they keep playing like this they won't make it too far beyond group.

Sorry Daft...this lot better enjoy the time away from the wags and enjoy the hookers in Brasil, cuz they won't be playing for long.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #13
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_Gent View Post
Not a GREAT start for the hosts, but they did score 4 goals...LOL

A suspect penalty from a dive in the box, an own goal and shoddy defence were the low points.

I hope they get better as this thing goes on and today was a one off because of nerves.

But, they got the three points, but if they keep playing like this they won't make it too far beyond group.

Sorry Daft...this lot better enjoy the time away from the wags and enjoy the hookers in Brasil, cuz they won't be playing for long.

England could well be rubbish...

But, we also have the skill on the day to beat anyone in this cup. As Jose' said on the Beeb that's the BBC for you yanks...England could go out with no points or win the whole fucking thing. Who knows! I'll tell you this I'm bloody footy mad! Plus, what a good excuse for rampant binge drinking. Brilliant!
Old 06-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #14
Island_Gent
Valued Poster

Cool Sorry M8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Be Daft! View Post

England could well be rubbish...

But, we also have the skill on the day to beat anyone in this cup. As Jose' said on the Beeb that's the BBC for you yanks...England could go out with no points or win the whole fucking thing. Who knows! I'll tell you this I'm bloody footy mad! Plus, what a good excuse for rampant binge drinking. Brilliant!
Italy 2 England 1

Your boys did impress me in defeat though, Daniel Sturridge and my young itren from the Caribbean Raheem Sterling are a class act. And who knows Costa Rica and certainly Uruguay look beatable, so this team may make it past group, but unfortunately not much further.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #15
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

For now we're still in it. For me Rooney disappointed. I should've known better really...he played like shit all season for us at United. We need to let Sterling & Sturridge command the attack. I also say give Ross Barkley a go. He played brilliantly at Everton this year. I still remember England 5 Germany 1 in Munich. Been a longtime since we played like that. Mores the pity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_Gent View Post
Italy 2 England 1

Your boys did impress me in defeat though, Daniel Sturridge and my young itren from the Caribbean Raheem Sterling are a class act. And who knows Costa Rica and certainly Uruguay look beatable, so this team may make it past group, but unfortunately not much further.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women