Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161608
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48040
pyramider46370
bambino40768
CryptKicker37136
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
Jdriller
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12
Default Medicaid, old people, obamacare, wtf

originally posted by WTF in Zabrina's ridiculous post about the accident in Boston.

"I'm talking about simple math. Maybe those facts escape you. Next you will say math isn't a science....

$114,000 that 2011 retirees paid into Medicare won't cover $355,000 lifetime costs

http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2010/12/114000_that_2011_retirees_paid .html

But a newly updated financial analysis shows that what people paid into the system doesn't come close to covering the full value of the medical care they can expect to receive as retirees.
Consider an average-wage, two-earner couple together earning $89,000 a year. Upon retiring in 2011, they would have paid $114,000 in Medicare payroll taxes during their careers.
But they can expect to receive medical services -- from prescriptions to hospital care -- worth $355,000, or about three times what they put in.

The estimates by economists Eugene Steuerle and Stephanie Rennane of the Urban Institute think tank illustrate the huge disconnect between widely-held perceptions and the numbers behind Medicare's shaky financing. Although Americans are worried about Medicare's long-term solvency, few realize the size of the gap.

The system has worked for 45 years, with occasional fine tuning. But the retirement of the baby boomers, the first of whom become eligible for Medicare in 2011, threatens to push it over the edge."
First of all that statement has nothing to do and is not related to the original post. However, I would say that the couple who worked all their lives for say...40 years each and paid in 114,000 deserve all the help they can get. Plus a lot of people die before they can collect anything from Medicare and a lot of people die before they use up 355,000 worth of benefits. On top of that, what about all the freeloaders, welfare entitlements, outright fraud (oh...my back hurts and i can't work so pay me disability from age 30 to forever) I thought ObamaCare was supposed to help make medical care affordable to all but so far all I have seen is a doubling of my insurance premimums with projections for major increases in those premimums after January 2014. I think the priorities of this country are fu*ked up when there is more consideration for "entitlements" for people who have not contributed to the country, than there is for those who worked and contributed for 40 years or more.
Jdriller is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

WTF posted that? LOL!
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #3
Seedy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Cool

But the freeloaders, welfare, food stamps, housing subsidies, oscumbo phones, they have earned their keep. We, the hard working middle class have to support these deserving people. That is the libtard, and communist way, didn't you folks know that?
Seedy is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #4
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdriller View Post
originally posted by WTF in Zabrina's ridiculous post about the accident in Boston.

"I'm talking about simple math.

$114,000 that 2011 retirees paid into Medicare won't cover $355,000 lifetime costs

But they can expect to receive medical services -- from prescriptions to hospital care -- worth $355,000, or about three times what they put in.

Putting aside the "simple math" ... aka "WTF Math" ... as has been the posting history of WTF (appropriately named himself) ... if one evaluates his "simple English" the fallacy of his "theory" is the slight of hand by which he injects (switches in mid-stream) the word "worth" for the word "costs ...

Based on the actual reimbursements for MEDICARE covered services if the "worth" of the services (actually billed by the physicians) was at $355,000 then the out-of-pocket would be about $85,000 based on the slashing that is customary in MEDICARE billings from the few remaining providers who accept MEDICARE patients ... and those ranks are dwindling rapidly BECAUSE of the severe SLASHING of billings and the lack of payment at all for some services ("the WORTH") and the deeply reduced payments that are actuall made ("the COSTS"). Plus, not surprising, WTF doesn't factor in the COSTS paid by the MEDICARE recipients .. noncovered items and "copays"! .....

.... those "old people" WTF doesn't want to support any more "who are a burden on us all."

In WTF's world the "animal control" will be morphed into the "Old Persons Control"!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

obama said it best...just take a pill
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I thought his prescription was to "check your tire pressure"..........sorry, I got that simpleton excuse confused with healthcare, not energy.

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

If we paid you old fuckers SS and Medicare based on honesty and intelligence , you lying bastards wouldn't get a penny. Old people have set up a system where they did not pay enough in for current costs. They want the younger generation to pay for the fact that they are living longer and did not make the proper adjustments. That is a mathematical fact.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
WTF posted that? LOL!
I did not post the dumb s*** at the end of that.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #9
Jdriller
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

You have two choices. Acutually its not a choice. Eventually you become old, and with that you gradually become less well, less healthy and need more medical care, more medicines and so forth. Or you die before you get to that point. I hope WTF lives to experience being old, and all the pains and compromises that come with that. And Lexus, I forgot about the reduced payment aspect. Doctors and pharmacies probably get only about 25% of the regular fees when they do sevices under Medicare. Good point.
Jdriller is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Old people have set up a system where they did not pay enough in for current costs. They want the younger generation to pay for the fact that they are living longer and did not make the proper adjustments. That is a mathematical fact.

i find myself in partial agreement with you, either you have finally said something correct or we are both wrong at the same time

i agree that past medicare and (current to a lesser extent) and for that matter social security recipients have not paid in an amount necessary to support their benefits.

but it wasnt old people who set it up, it was the power hungry, win elections at all costs, promise anything, politicians from both sides actually

the dems for the most part advance all these destructive schemes, the news media supports them and stands guard and the republicans are too scared to stand up for the truth until of late
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
You have two choices. Acutually its not a choice. Eventually you become old, and with that you gradually become less well, less healthy and need more medical care, more medicines and so forth. Or you die before you get to that point. I hope WTF lives to experience being old, and all the pains and compromises that come with that. And Lexus, I forgot about the reduced payment aspect. Doctors and pharmacies probably get only about 25% of the regular fees when they do sevices under Medicare. Good point.

someone (guess who?) is in the process of changing the pay scale as we speak, and eventually will change the way Dr's are paid ... too bad the people that use the way the system pays Dr's in a negative way are aginst supporting the very thing that will change their negative mindset ..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejap...rs-is-delayed/
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #12
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
If we paid you old fuckers SS and Medicare based on honesty and intelligence , you lying bastards wouldn't get a penny. Old people have set up a system where they did not pay enough in for current costs. They want the younger generation to pay for the fact that they are living longer and did not make the proper adjustments. That is a mathematical fact.
Just for the fact that is pisses off WTF I'm glad I'm old and can get all that money from the government for healthcare! Yeee haaww
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #13
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

One answer is for "old" people to just keep working. I'm 66, and I have no plans what so ever of retiring.

That does not mean that in another year I won't start drawing my Social Security, And whether I like it or not, I am already in MediCare. They do not give you a choice in this matter.

Yes, I am aware that I will be giving most of my SS right back to the Government. But they won't take it all, and I plan on spending what is left on important stuff, like whores.

Keep in mind, in the decades to follow, all of the young people that are bitching now will be old. Someone will be paying theirs as well.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
The get a good deal less than 25%. Of course, they overcharge you anyway, in full recognition that Medicare isn't going to pay those charges. Neither do private health insurers.

Don't cry too hard for the doctors and pharmacies, they're doing alright.

Ok, you've all bitched and whined about Medicare. We've noted that as a result of Medicare, $114,000 went into the system for this couple. Let's set that aside. How many of you have $100K in a medical savings account today? Or expect to at any point in your life?

Nearly half of Americans have less than $500 in savings. Nearly 80% have less than $100,000. So? Where is the $355,000 gonna come from?
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #15
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
Just for the fact that is pisses off WTF I'm glad I'm old and can get all that money from the government for healthcare! Yeee haaww
Only you would be dumb enough to celebrate being old! If I got pissed off if AIDS patients got free medical care would you go get butt fucked by Rock Hudson?
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women