Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70703
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41461
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 04-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
essence
Valued Poster

Default Extradition to US

It may have taken a long time, but this article might be of interest.

Ignore the bloggers, they are almost as whacko (and unrepresentative) as the bloggers here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...urt-rules.html
essence is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Thanks for posting; I am amused that "human rights" judges are even involved. This should remain an issue between the two governments involved; not some euro-zone tribunal.

But welcomed outcome none the less. It will be years before any of these terrorists hit US soil.

Better to kill them on the battlefield - be it London or Kabul.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
essence
Valued Poster

What's funny is that they are worried that US prisons are worse than Greek or Turkish hell holes, or even worse in ex Eastern European countries.

The problem is that images and stories of bad practices get everybody's attention.

Not that I am saying any prisons are a holiday home, or any legal system is fair to everybody irrespective of income - I know too much to think that - but the main problem is the other prisoners.

There is an imbalance because at present UK citizens can be extradited to US, but not the other way round, hopefully this will be rectified soon.

Another 'human rights' issue which the UK government is trying to overturn, is the 'right to a family life' which many are using to defend themselves against deportation as illegal immigrants.

UK at least is not going to lie down and have the European Court of Justice walk over us - although I speak as a general europhile.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Why does the UK usurp their sovernighty to "european courts" and such......
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
essence
Valued Poster

There is much debate about that.

First, we don;t have a written constitution.

Second, we don;t have a human rights act, and if we didn't use the European human rights act, our own version might not be very different.

But the real debate is whether the european economic union is an economic union or a political union.

Many say it is primarily a political union, as a means of avoiding ever after a war in europe as it experienced twice in the last century.

A bit of occasional nonsense is worth it to avoid those terrible events.

Very few in Britain want a United States of Europe. In fact, I don;t think any serious politician wants that, they certainly would never say they want it, it is electoral suicide.

ps you could equally ask why Britain usurps its sovereingty to US courts, when there is no reciprocal arrangement.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
Fear is the best way to control the population. Not dogging the UK, we have lost most of our rights as well for this same reason.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
There is much debate about that.

First, we don;t have a written constitution.

Second, we don;t have a human rights act, and if we didn't use the European human rights act, our own version might not be very different.

But the real debate is whether the european economic union is an economic union or a political union.

Many say it is primarily a political union, as a means of avoiding ever after a war in europe as it experienced twice in the last century.

Very few in Britain want a United States of Europe. In fact, I don;t think any serious politician wants that, they certainly would never say they want it, it is electoral suicide.

ps you could equally ask why Britain usurps its sovereingty to US courts, when there is no reciprocal arrangement.
*Totally agree mate. But, I think we need to look at the issue of extradition as its a wee bit odd US citizens can't be extradited but "our" British citizens can indeed go the other way. On a different topic I'm totally against the death penalty 90% of the time. I'd think it far worse to send the whole lot of em to an island penitentiary and have them bugger each other to death;-)
Don't Be Daft! is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

LIke Australia?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #9
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
LIke Australia?
So they did!!! . . .
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #10
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
LIke Australia?
SNAP!

In order to get these murderers will the US have to promise not to execute them?
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
Don't Be Daft!
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Cuteoldguy: You said it not me lol. But, yes exactly like that. But, with one change--unleash Ebola and a host of other nastiness. This island should be mainly for rapists, pedophiles, catholic priests and other nutters who fall into similar categories.
Don't Be Daft! is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women