Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70703
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41461
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 03-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default A 50-Point Swing Against Targeted Drone Killings of U.S. Citizens

Is it possible? Could Americans be waking up? Are Americans starting to the threat of having an all-powerful government? A glimmer of hope peeks out of the darkness of statism!

A year ago, as the presidential race was taking shape, The Washington Post's pollster asked voters whether they favored the use of drones to kill terrorists or terror suspects if they were "American citizens living in other countries." The net rating at the time was positive: 65 percent for, 26 percent against.

Today, after a month of Rand Paul-driven discussion of drone warfare, Gallup asks basically the same question: Should the U.S. "use drones to launch airstrikes in other countries against U.S. citizens living abroad who are suspected terrorists?" The new numbers: 41 percent for, 52 percent against.

The lede of the poll is even kinder to Paul, finding as high as 79 percent opposition to targeted killing in the United States. But that's a new question. On the old question, we've seen a real queasy swing of public opinion.

I hope this is the spark the Liberty Movement needs to catch fire!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20..._citizens.html

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

fuck head there is probably 100% against it in the US. the ones that are terrorists outside the US are you against it?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

I don't know that I would say with certainty it wont happen in the US.
It will be a real temptation for whoever controls those things to not use them against some enemy of the govt. here in the USA.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
CJ7
Valued Poster

never let a good conspiracy go to waste
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
timpage
Account Disabled

And next week, it will swing back....or whenever the next terrorist attack on US soil occurs.

I can't wait for Rand Paul to run for President in 2016. And, Ted Cruz. The GOP line-up in 2016 will make last year's clown posse look like liberal elder statesman. All to the benefit of the dems. Idiots.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Timpage, Professor Dershowitz would disagree with your assessment of Cruz and his fellow Republicans as idiots.
From Wikipedia:

Cruz then attended the Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude in 1995.[19][20] While at Harvard Law, Cruz was a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review.[13] As a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, “Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant.”[
Old 03-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
timpage
Account Disabled

Oh, I don't think he's stupid. Dangerously megalomaniac, narcissistic, narrow-minded, arrogant, condescending and coldly calculating, yes. He's managed to alienate virtually every person he has come into contact with in Washington in about a month or so....but, stupid, no.

I guess we can agree that President Obama is brilliant as well since he served as President of the Harvard Law Review, right? I wonder what the whackos opinion is on whether Cruz got in to Harvard because he's got a latino name. They all seem to think Obama got in to Harvard because he's black....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
Timpage, Professor Dershowitz would disagree with your assessment of Cruz and his fellow Republicans as idiots.
From Wikipedia:

Cruz then attended the Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude in 1995.[19][20] While at Harvard Law, Cruz was a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review.[13] As a student at Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, “Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant.”[
Old 03-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
timpage
Account Disabled

By the way, did you know he's already got the birthers after him? Whacks.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...eliana-johnson
Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #9
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Oh, I don't think he's stupid. Dangerously megalomaniac, narcissistic, narrow-minded, arrogant, condescending and coldly calculating, yes. He's managed to alienate virtually every person he has come into contact with in Washington in about a month or so....but, stupid, no.

I guess we can agree that President Obama is brilliant as well since he served as President of the Harvard Law Review, right? I wonder what the whackos opinion is on whether Cruz got in to Harvard because he's got a latino name. They all seem to think Obama got in to Harvard because he's black....
I will grant you he is a brilliant speaker. Perhaps he should release his grades for us to determine whether he was a brilliant student. I don't believe he graduated magna cum laude, did he, as did the distinguished Senator from Texas, the lovable Mr Cruz?

From the NY TImes, Feb 06, 1990:
Mr. Obama was elected after a meeting of the review's 80 editors that convened Sunday and lasted until early this morning, a participant said.
Until the 1970's the editors were picked on the basis of grades, and the president of the Law Review was the student with the highest academic rank. Among these were Elliot L. Richardson, the former Attorney General, and Irwin Griswold, a dean of the Harvard Law School and Solicitor General under Presidents Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard M. Nixon.
That system came under attack in the 1970's and was replaced by a program in which about half the editors are chosen for their grades and the other half are chosen by fellow students after a special writing competition. The new system, disputed when it began, was meant to help insure that minority students became editors of The Law Review.
Harvard, like a number of other top law schools, no longer ranks its law students for any purpose including a guide to recruiters.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #10
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
I don't believe he graduated magna cum laude, did he, as did the distinguished Senator from Texas, the lovable Mr Cruz?
It appears that JL did not research the topic. Perhaps they did not teach that class in his mail order law degree.

According to Wikipedia, Obama graduated with a J.D. magna cum laude from Harvard Law School in 1991.

"In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year,[41] and president of the journal in his second year.[35][42] During his summers, he returned to Chicago, where he worked as an associate at the law firms of Sidley Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990.[43] After graduating with a J.D. magna cum laude[44] from Harvard in 1991, he returned to Chicago."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

An analysis from Wiki answers:

"First, it should be noted that few modern presidents have released their transcripts, nor are they under any obligation to do so, since these records are protected by federal privacy laws. Not releasing them does not mean the person has something to hide. Second, many conspiracy theories have been found on the internet about Mr. Obama, but there is no proof to any of them. Regarding his college grades, there is something that we do know: his grades from Harvard Law School. It is public record, and was reported in the press of that time (1991) that he graduated in the top 10% of his class and received academic honors (Magna Cum Laude). His professors also have said publicly that he was a top student, which is why he became the editor of the Harvard Law Review."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_were_...des_in_college
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #11
timpage
Account Disabled

Smack!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #12
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

I thought politicians with principals didn't watch polls!

Let me give you Tea Peckers a hint, don't run off to the Middle East with your 16 year old kid looking for you some Jihad. We spell Jihad .... D R O N E .... here in the good ole USofA!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #13
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
It appears that JL did not research the topic. Perhaps they did not teach that class in his mail order law degree.

According to Wikipedia, Obama graduated with a J.D. magna cum laude from Harvard Law School in 1991.

"In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year,[41] and president of the journal in his second year.[35][42] During his summers, he returned to Chicago, where he worked as an associate at the law firms of Sidley Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990.[43] After graduating with a J.D. magna cum laude[44] from Harvard in 1991, he returned to Chicago."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

An analysis from Wiki answers:

"First, it should be noted that few modern presidents have released their transcripts, nor are they under any obligation to do so, since these records are protected by federal privacy laws. Not releasing them does not mean the person has something to hide. Second, many conspiracy theories have been found on the internet about Mr. Obama, but there is no proof to any of them. Regarding his college grades, there is something that we do know: his grades from Harvard Law School. It is public record, and was reported in the press of that time (1991) that he graduated in the top 10% of his class and received academic honors (Magna Cum Laude). His professors also have said publicly that he was a top student, which is why he became the editor of the Harvard Law Review."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_were_...des_in_college
Apparently, Magna Cum Laude is less impressive than I thought at Harvard:

From Breitbart.com:
When mentioning Obama’s stint as editor of the law review fails to impress, Obama’s friends point to his Latin honors. Obama graduated magna cum laude. But a little digging reveals that Obama’s magna cum laude wouldn’t actually be magna cum laude today. The system produced classes where only one-third of the class did not receive honors. For the class of ’95, a whopping 71.3 percent of the student body graduated with honors, doubling the number of students graduating with honors since 1972 and tripling the numbers receiving magna cum laude. While receiving magna cum laude is impressive, it’s a lot less impressive if one in six students win it.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:43 AM   #14
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

The original Jewish Lawyer quote:

Quote:
I don't believe he graduated magna cum laude, did he,
Citing Breitbart as his only source, what follows is the amended Jewish Lawyer analysis:

Quote:
Apparently, Magna Cum Laude is less impressive than I thought at Harvard:
It appears that Jewish Lawyer now reluctantly concedes that Obama did actually graduate magna cum laude from the prestigious Harvard Law School.

However, JL now raises the remote possibility that Obama might not have been as good of a magna cum laude Harvard Law School graduate as he could have been.

An extremely lame argument but I suppose in Jewish Lawyer's mail order law degree circles, it's the best he could come up with!

I can't help but wonder, which mail order company did JL receive his law degree from? I heard Sears once ran a $199.99 Roebuck's School of Law special, including shipping and handling. It was on the back page of their annual holiday season wishbook. (The frame was extra, of course!)
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #15
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post

I can't help but wonder, which mail order company did JL receive his law degree from? I heard Sears once ran a $199.99 Roebuck's School of Law special, including shipping and handling. It was on the back page of their annual holiday season wishbook. (The frame was extra, of course!)
kinda like your degree(?) from cougar high?
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women