Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70517
biomed161291
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453077
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47914
pyramider46370
bambino40543
CryptKicker37123
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-02-2024, 11:29 PM   #1
WillieWonka69069
Premium Access

Encounters: 34
Default The DNC’s original plan for Biden

Back in 2019 the understanding between Biden and the powerbrokers in the DNC was that Biden’s would be a “transitional” presidency of just one term. He said so himself.

The thought on the part of the DNC leadership was that if Biden didn’t run for reelection there would be a primary. Then they would nominate the candidate they really wanted. Who would not be Harris regardless of what impression she may have been given.

Just like Joe had been, Kamala was thought of as no more than a placeholder by the party heads. Joe’s major asset was that he wasn’t Trump. Kamala’s demographics were appealing to the DEI proponents so she was beneficial to the ticket. But neither were part of the 2024 plan.

But then Biden screwed up their plan by running for re-election. Not only was he not going to go away gracefully but if he was re-elected Harris would surely become president at some time during his second term. We know that for certain after the disastrous debate performance and ensuing flood of confirmations that indeed Biden was failing. This was not an outcome they desired.

So I think that the skids were greased for Joe on debate night. The DNC needed to stop Biden before we got any closer to Election Day. If he wouldn’t go on his own they’d give him a hearty push. He could barely have looked more frail that night. If it had been announced before the debate that Joe was under the weather the viewers would have been less shocked. But instead they waited until that first impression had set in to let anyone know about his cold. His staff completely let him down.

So this is a colossal mess of the dem’s creation. In the 2020 campaign the desire to beat Trump by any means possible led to a ticket whose sole purpose was to win, not to govern after.

Neither party is on your side. They all lie, they all profit from their access.
The two party system is failing us. The media deludes us. We need to think for ourselves more and don’t let these parasites spew their self serving distortion of the real world.

Have a great 4th of July y’all!
WillieWonka69069 is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 12:46 AM   #2
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

According to a recent poll by CNN (1200 registered voters)

Trump 47% - Harris 45%

Trump 47% - Biden 43%

Before the debate Trump and Biden were tied nationally. Not much has changed in the polls after the debate. The margin of error in the CNN poll is +/- 3.5%. Considering how bad Biden did in the debate the the CNN poll has not moved that much. Some dems are calling for Biden to step aside in public. Gov Whitmer from Mich is not running. If Biden stays past this week, he may remain on the ticket.
adav8s28 is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 04:52 AM   #3
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Least you not forget...

...BI-DONE had a cold, a bad back and locusts or somesuch. The OP was right on one thing: people need to relearn how to think for themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
According to a recent poll by CNN (1200 registered voters)

Trump 47% - Harris 45%

Trump 47% - Biden 43%

Before the debate Trump and Biden were tied nationally. Not much has changed in the polls after the debate. The margin of error in the CNN poll is +/- 3.5%. Considering how bad Biden did in the debate the the CNN poll has not moved that much. Some dems are calling for Biden to step aside in public. Gov Whitmer from Mich is not running. If Biden stays past this week, he may remain on the ticket.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 05:50 AM   #4
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Whatever has been documented as "the plan" for a transitional one term Biden presidency: It was my guess thatg the plan was to make that transition just after the midterms. Doig so would give the replacement president (assumed to be VP Harris) the potential to legally occupy the high office for twelve years.

When it was so soon obvious that neither one would be effective as the chief executive, I assumed that the progressive left's power brokers would arrange to first replace VP Harris with the right person, and then ("somehow") get President Biden to step side . . .as was done when VP Spiro Agnew was replaced by Gerald Ford before Richard Nixon resigned as president in the 1970s.

But they didn't do that and now, here we are.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 08:55 AM   #5
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieWonka69069 View Post
Back in 2019 the understanding between Biden and the powerbrokers in the DNC was that Biden’s would be a “transitional” presidency of just one term. He said so himself.

The thought on the part of the DNC leadership was that if Biden didn’t run for reelection there would be a primary. Then they would nominate the candidate they really wanted. Who would not be Harris regardless of what impression she may have been given.

Just like Joe had been, Kamala was thought of as no more than a placeholder by the party heads. Joe’s major asset was that he wasn’t Trump. Kamala’s demographics were appealing to the DEI proponents so she was beneficial to the ticket. But neither were part of the 2024 plan.

But then Biden screwed up their plan by running for re-election. Not only was he not going to go away gracefully but if he was re-elected Harris would surely become president at some time during his second term. We know that for certain after the disastrous debate performance and ensuing flood of confirmations that indeed Biden was failing. This was not an outcome they desired.

So I think that the skids were greased for Joe on debate night. The DNC needed to stop Biden before we got any closer to Election Day. If he wouldn’t go on his own they’d give him a hearty push. He could barely have looked more frail that night. If it had been announced before the debate that Joe was under the weather the viewers would have been less shocked. But instead they waited until that first impression had set in to let anyone know about his cold. His staff completely let him down.

So this is a colossal mess of the dem’s creation. In the 2020 campaign the desire to beat Trump by any means possible led to a ticket whose sole purpose was to win, not to govern after.

Neither party is on your side. They all lie, they all profit from their access.
The two party system is failing us. The media deludes us. We need to think for ourselves more and don’t let these parasites spew their self serving distortion of the real world.

Have a great 4th of July y’all!

Very nice, and thank you. Remember the flag should have the stars on top. Unlike some idiots who can't think for themselves, I'm sure you didn't have to be reminded. Just for the wider audience.
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:59 AM   #6
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Sometimes the best laid plans of mice and mental midgets fail us...

Maybe they simply need a newer and more better plan. Might I suggest:

Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old Today, 04:59 AM   #7
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

^^^+++

What a tragedy that could become. There is no telling what could happen if he were left alone to figure it out. . . .he could fall off the stage.

He had to be carefully helped down the stairs after the "debate" last week.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old Today, 06:37 AM   #8
Unique_Carpenter
Ambassador

Encounters: 89

The Dim's simply need new scriptwriters.

I've lost count of how many rewrites we've seen so far of the ongoing remakes of Weekends at Bernie's. Errr Biden's.

Seriously, there's even T-shirts available from Amazon
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women